Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way  (Read 82262 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »
+2
The DLC already covered that in a horribly written and produced way.

Really? I mean, he got whatever stupid powers TFO had, but does that mean he's going to kick puppies all of a sudden?

Wait a minute, I think I get it. Instead of a game ending polarizing the player as Mother Theresa or Hitler, we get to see Mother Theresa turn into Hitler for no real reason other than "it is her fate" or some shit. It's brilliant!

Since we're supposed to be sympathetic to his plight this time around, I wonder if they'll try to rip off MGS4 and claim Dracula "WAS TEH REEL HERO ALL ALONGZ" in spite of, you know, killing millions of people throughout the years. It's stupid... STUPID LIKE A FOXDIE
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:18:31 PM by Munchy »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2012, 11:35:38 PM »
Its more along the lines that as he slowly becomes a vampire from having taken laura's blood, he gradually loses his humanity, and eventually, his humanity just fades altogether, leaving only well, his darkness. He sort of became a lord of shadow after all, in a different manner. Instead of ascending to heaven and leaving behind his dark side, he becomes a vampire and his humanity, his "good" just dies, leaving behind his anger, hate, and madness.

The Forgotten one seems to just be the final nail in the coffin, (pun not intended) rather, the final turning point of no return. When he just kills it despite it's pleas for mercy, and steals it's powers for himself, finally accepting what he has become, and leaving his former self behind with the symbolic act of destroying his Combat Cross, the weapon that ties him with his holy order and his fight for God. He basically shattered a Crucifix and tossed it away.

I think he mentions it in his narration, that he can feel his humanity ebbing away, and eventually his narrations just get kinda darker and he just outright starts calling himself the dragon and shit.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:39:51 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2012, 03:07:27 AM »

EDIT: The leak guy returned, he gave me a little tidbit on the whole poster. Do not click if you don't want to be spoiled.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2012, 07:20:48 AM »
Dear E3,
Please come soon. I'm starving for Castlevania announcement(s).
There needs to be TWO games announced: PS3/360/WiiU and 3DS (or Vita).

Also, here's a thought:
Capcom is putting a Resident Evil 6 demo in Dragon's Dogma. That should give DD more attention and help sales. What if Konami would be smart for once and put something, say, Metal Gear Solid related with a Castlevania release? That would make people who normally wouldn't buy a Castlevania game a reason to check it out. An exclusive playable demo of MGS5 could add hundreds of thousands more sales to just about any Konami game, don't you think? If MGS5 is even coming, that is.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:44 AM »
+1
I can't stand the wait either. It makes me kind off restless and unfocused! I really don't like the recent 3DS rumors that are popping up in this thread which makes it even worse. 

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2012, 08:03:08 AM »
Can someone source the rumors? Remember the Complete Chronicles thing, it was just a rumor.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2012, 08:18:19 AM »
+1
There is no reason to believe they are true yet. I'm just being paranoid.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2012, 08:32:23 AM »
+1
I just don't want to get killed if they aren't true, Im just posting only what I've heard and while the rumors sound good, they also sound too good to be true. So I, as well as many of you, should take them with bag of salt and remember "The complete Chronicles" fiasco.

I just can't wait for E3, it's 2 weeks away and the rumors are making the wait really unbearable and Cox's new Twitter pic and what the full image is rumored to be is NOT helping.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way
« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »
+1
On the LoS Facebook page, they updated their cover photo to new artwork, a teaser of LoS2. Looks pretty cool. The link says "The Dragon Returns 5-31-12." Does that mean we'll get the official announcement that day?
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2012, 10:16:49 AM »
Hopefully we will. Maybe even a trailer.

I was super hyped when the LoS trailer went up.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »
+1
Exciting!!
I'm on hiatus now.