Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way  (Read 81719 times)

Offline Hayoam

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« on: May 10, 2012, 03:36:30 PM »
http://n4g.com/news/993539/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-set-for-an-e3-reveal

am excited  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What I hope for in los2 :-
at least you can explore for a hidden items or secrets
know the enemies information and what items you can get from them or steal or whatever bleeb you can do
new fighting mechanics - Weapons Weapons Weapons  8)
But I have a feeling that won't happen
anyway that's just me
my opinion
don't hate on me people
 :rollseyes:

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
this was a given.. common knowledge

don't hate on me people

how dare you!

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
Yeah this has been known for awhile but thx anyway.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »
+1
I might give LoS 2 a try if the videos about it look promising. But If it's anything like the original then no way am I buying it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »
I am really excited for this! I loved the first one. I've been such a huge fan of the series since it was first around, but I'm kind of glad IGA is kind of finished with his games in the series. I just feel like this is where the series needs to go. I like a good narrative in a game, and that's something that really hasn't been a part of Castlevania with a few exceptions, and LoS pulled it off really well. Also, while I know graphics and 3D gameplay may not always be the most important thing in a game, I have a really hard time connecting to or feeling any kind of emotion to a 2D game with little story. So I just think that while LoS may not be every fans cup of tea, it's nice to see a change.

That being said, I'm hoping for more classic enemies. I was thinking, maybe since all the flea men, and medusa heads and all that are around in DRACULA'S castle, maybe now that Gabriel is Dracula we' ll see things like that.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 07:05:45 PM »
I might give LoS 2 a try if the videos about it look promising. But If it's anything like the original then no way am I buying it.

That's my fear as well, in the back of my mind I feel that Mercurysteam is just gonna take everything from Lords of Shadow and copy/paste it, make it even less of a Castlevania game and call it a day. I hope it's not the case and that they listened to the complaints and actually make a effort to make it resemble Castlevania as faithful as they can.

Other than that im stoked, Lords of Shadow 2 has nowhere to go but up if the rumored improvements are true, bring on E3!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:07:37 PM by Kingshango »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »
I agree with some of the other posters. I will keep up with the news on it but if it's like the first one then color me uninterested.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »
I have my faith in this game. I liked what they did with Lords of Shadow, and having heard and read of the development process, especially the early process, I'm fairly confident the sequel will be very good, if not better, than the original. Given the success of Lords, I feel they will have much more freedom with the game and it's world and story than with the first, now that they have "proven" themselves to Konami and pleased them enough to be allowed a sequel.

IOW, theyve gotten their bearings as far as making first attempt at a Castlevania game- And now that they have their feet firmly in the ground, it's time to make some shit happen.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:15:16 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
+2
There's only one thing that I hope Mercurysteam does NOT do like they did with the first game; DLC. LoS 2 should be complete upon release rather then incomplete.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »
+1
That's my fear as well, in the back of my mind I feel that Mercurysteam is just gonna take everything from Lords of Shadow and copy/paste it, make it even less of a Castlevania game and call it a day.
Copy and paste? What makes you believe that? MS is the studio I've seen copying and pasting LESS ever. They didn't do that  even with textures (The Castle ones are amazing, such variety). If anything, they'll only get better.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »
That was a given.

Consider me cautiously pessimistic. I wonder if they'll announce a WiiU version.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:00:51 AM »
I will buy it anyway for carrying the name of castlevania

but i'm sure i will not like this one if its something like the first los released back in 2010 ...

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »
Copy and paste? What makes you believe that? MS is the studio I've seen copying and pasting LESS ever. They didn't do that  even with textures (The Castle ones are amazing, such variety). If anything, they'll only get better.

dude there is only one CV game released from MS studio so how can u even say this studio "is less copying and pasting" u can see the future or what ?

both of you guys wrong no one knows what MS is doing now ... its like u went sooo deep inside the studio and came here telling us what they're doing if they're copying and pasting or not

sorry for double post
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:09:32 AM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 12:30:22 AM »
dude there is only one CV game released from MS studio so how can u even say this studio "is less copying and pasting" u can see the future or what ?
They have made at least 3 other games to my knowledge.

And I still dont get the dislike for LoS, I though it was a fresh, brand new interpretation of the franchise while still retaining somewhat of a Classicvania feel in regards to level progression and areas. (And protagonist from a design standpoint)

Maybe Im just more open minded as opposed to some who are perhaps more rigid in what they want from a Castlevania.

I understand they had some issues as far as the game actually being of the Castlevania IP or an original IP goes, because Konami didnt want MS' Castlevania to upstage the at the time upcoming CV Judgement, and I can imagine that in order to make the game sell better, the adopted a few of the more current game trends. (mainly QTE's) Which is why I feel that the sequel will have much more creative freedom behind it, and possibly more elements people wanted (or less elements they didnt)

Im sure they took at least some of the (more sensible) critiques, and thought them out a bit.

I guess we simply have to wait and see, repeating the same arguments and opinions at each other wont really do much until the game is revealed and we get a glimpse of what it brings to the table.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 12:53:43 AM »
They have made at least 3 other games to my knowledge.

And I still dont get the dislike for LoS, I though it was a fresh, brand new interpretation of the franchise while still retaining somewhat of a Classicvania feel in regards to level progression and areas. (And protagonist from a design standpoint)

Maybe Im just more open minded as opposed to some who are perhaps more rigid in what they want from a Castlevania.

I understand they had some issues as far as the game actually being of the Castlevania IP or an original IP goes, because Konami didnt want MS' Castlevania to upstage the at the time upcoming CV Judgement, and I can imagine that in order to make the game sell better, the adopted a few of the more current game trends. (mainly QTE's) Which is why I feel that the sequel will have much more creative freedom behind it, and possibly more elements people wanted (or less elements they didnt)

Im sure they took at least some of the (more sensible) critiques, and thought them out a bit.

I guess we simply have to wait and see, repeating the same arguments and opinions at each other wont really do much until the game is revealed and we get a glimpse of what it brings to the table.

its my opinion and for the 4th time i tell you , i don't hate los but it makes me miss many things from castlevania so i even prefer iga than MS and yes MS studio created 4 games not only 3 but they created 1 castlevania until now

the first los game has insanely went so far from the castlevania games the designs are just enough to talk about

especially when i went inside the castle i said yes ! now i'm inside the castle and all what i saw is boobs !
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:55:48 AM by Dengo vlad tepes »