Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What a horrible night to have a curse...  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:49:07 AM »
+3

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: What a horrible night to have a curse...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »
This is just awesome! That painting gave me one of the deepest SQ nostalgia trips in a while . Thank you, Green Stranger!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »
Love the artwork. Unfortunately this type of imagery is lost on the most recent Castlevania titles and needs to make a good comeback. The only quip I need to tell you about is the whip. Simon's firewhip is actually the vampirekiller (chain morning star) except that it is on fire. Just fyi  ;)  And while I'm one your DV page I'll check out your other images too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
Wow, great job! I'm impressed. +1

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »
Shouldn't that be a ribcage, not a shield?
I haven't played CV2 in a while so I could be wrong.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 11:51:41 AM »
Shouldn't that be a ribcage, not a shield?
I haven't played CV2 in a while so I could be wrong.

No, you're correct. Dracula's rib shields you from evil aka it blocks fireballs. But when Simon is armed with it it looks just like a shield rather then a ribcage. That would be really funny if Simon were walking through town carrying Dracula's ribcage and everyone's giving him the WTF look.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 03:37:43 PM »
No, you're correct. Dracula's rib shields you from evil aka it blocks fireballs. But when Simon is armed with it it looks just like a shield rather then a ribcage. That would be really funny if Simon were walking through town carrying Dracula's ribcage and everyone's giving him the WTF look.

I just had an epiphany: that's it. THAT'S FUCKING IT!!!! Don't you all get it now?! THAT'S why they're giving batshit insane answers! THAT'S why the dialogue doesn't make any sense! It's because this Belmont guy, this "great hero" who supposedly killed the lord of all darkness, is wandering around town carrying some random fucking ribcage and asking for info regarding Dracula's remains after he already killed him. They are so WTF?! that they're just humouring him with idiotic non-sense.

"Hey did you see that weird mother-fucker with the ribcage walking around?"
"Yeah he's been asking about Dracula. Didn't he kill him already?"
"Yeah. Hey! I got it; let's just tell him the most useless bullshit we can think of! Like laurels in your soup enhance its flavor!"
"Or don't stare at the death star, or you'll die!"
"And let's throw something in there about a grave-yard duck!"
"This is gonna be great! Imagine his surprise and shock!"
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 08:58:58 PM »
I just had an epiphany: that's it. THAT'S FUCKING IT!!!! Don't you all get it now?! THAT'S why they're giving batshit insane answers! THAT'S why the dialogue doesn't make any sense! It's because this Belmont guy, this "great hero" who supposedly killed the lord of all darkness, is wandering around town carrying some random fucking ribcage and asking for info regarding Dracula's remains after he already killed him. They are so WTF?! that they're just humouring him with idiotic non-sense.

"Yeah. Hey! I got it; let's just tell him the most useless bullshit we can think of! Like laurels in your soup enhance its flavor!"

Ah yes. This classifies as an AHA moment.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 11:03:30 PM »

You know, I actually thought to myself as a teenager (when first playing the game), "Holy Lord Christ, what is up with these people? Has Dracula's curse on Simon also made him hallucinate, or has he become a full blown schizophrenic?".
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 07:27:57 AM »
awesome man! Good to see more of your work

Tags:

anything