Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?  (Read 27932 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »
What IS your avatar exactly, Pfil? im curious, since its so tiny.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »
What IS your avatar exactly, Pfil? im curious, since its so tiny.

I own a PSPhat since launch and although the overall catalogue may not be as extensive as the DS', the technology more than makes up for it with the various consoles it emulates. All you need is like a 16-32gb Memory Stick and you're free to add anything you want. So there's literally thousands of games at my disposal while wielding the PSP. Bacon Strips.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »
I fail to see how that's relevant to Pfil's avatar. Mis-quote, much?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2013, 05:48:44 PM »
I also feel that adding homebrews (like emulation) to an argument over which system is superior is unfair.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2013, 06:24:45 PM »
I fail to see how that's relevant to Pfil's avatar. Mis-quote, much?

drunk perhaps?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2013, 06:29:04 PM »
Well if you just go by tech-wise, the PSP was superior to the DS. I'm not trying to turn this into an "emulation was better" argument but for me personally it was just icing on the cake, I enjoyed both portables equally but the psp's capabilities gave it much more replayability especially where Castlevania is concerned. I never did figure out how to hack my DS.

drunk perhaps?
your signature image is huge

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »
Well if you just go by tech-wise, the PSP was superior to the DS. I'm not trying to turn this into an "emulation was better" argument but for me personally it was just icing on the cake, I enjoyed both portables equally but the psp's capabilities gave it much more replayability especially where Castlevania is concerned. I never did figure out how to hack my DS.
your signature image is huge

yet the dimension is exactly 400x300 crazy huh?

ehh sorry about the drunk comment. Should  not jump in thinking stuff like that 
(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »
If you're really sorry then you'll take a picture of yourself holding up a sign saying "if i get 1000 likes then crisis from CVD will forgive me and buy me a bunny" and post it on Facebook

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »
If you're really sorry then you'll take a picture of yourself holding up a sign saying "if i get 1000 likes then crisis from CVD will forgive me and buy me a bunny" and post it on Facebook

Yeah..... not going to happen  :P  :rollseyes:  ;)
(click to show/hide)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 11:35:08 PM »

Drunkity drunk drunk.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2013, 12:04:23 AM »
@Aridale: Thanks!  :)

@Flame: It is a character from a manga I used to read a lot back in my teenager days. The character name is Pfil. It's a fairy. That's just a little image of her that I found to use as an avatar.

About emulation, PSP is far superior from my experience. I can emulate SNES, Sega Genesis and NES, and with a memory stick I can have all the games I like from those systems available to play in my purse. It comes in handy when I travel.
But, with NDS I could emulate all GBA games (by hardware), and NES and Master System (by software), using a device called Super Card, which uses an SD card and goes into the GBA slot. There's also an update to that, including another device, to be put in the NDS slot, in order to emulate NDS games by hardware. That is pretty cool too.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2013, 01:23:40 AM »
I oftentimes enjoy "kiddy fare" more than the current slate of "grown-up" games. Giana Sisters DS
Did you play Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams for PC? That's a great game! Beautiful landscapes, great soundtrack, just the right difficulty, complex but retro gameplay... it's the full package!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2013, 09:57:37 AM »
The PSP really has a great catalogue of games, provided that you don't suck nintendo's cock and needs nintendo's game in your life. Specially for RPGs, I find the PSP has the upperhand in RPGs, even though the DS has some great ones (TWEWY, Radiant Historia, etc).

Also, PSP has YS series.

But I would recommend having BOTH, since DS has 3 Castlevanias. :P

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Yes, I agree.
Riviera: The Promised Land is my PSP favourite game.
Also, 2 Prinny games make an excellent addition.
About RPG's, I think both of them have lots of great titles to choose from.
I bought NDS first because of Castlevania (I purchased it with Nintendogs included, and the Super Card), otherwise I would have bought the PSP (I purchased it with some games: Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins, Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Dracula X Chronicles and Megaman Powered Up).

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2013, 01:29:59 AM »
+1
I bought NDS first because of Castlevania (I purchased it with Nintendogs included, and the Super Card), otherwise I would have bought the PSP (I purchased it with some games: Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins, Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Dracula X Chronicles and Megaman Powered Up).

Me too. Though I got Mario Kart and Tetris along with CV instead of Nintendogs. I just bought a PSP on the same year just for the sake of having one. I got Itadaki Street, some Gundam games as my first games for the PSP. Then a few years later DxC came along and I'm happy.  ;D