Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?  (Read 27945 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2013, 02:19:09 AM »
Dat Julius. And I bet he was feminine when he beat the daylights out of Dracula in 1999.  8)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2013, 02:42:48 AM »
Did you play Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams for PC? That's a great game! Beautiful landscapes, great soundtrack, just the right difficulty, complex but retro gameplay... it's the full package!

Waitin' fer the PC DVD to ship. :) Supposed to come with a soundtrack CD and other goodies, is five bucks cheaper than the downloads, but sadly still requires Steam. Ya win some ya lose some.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2013, 03:41:46 AM »
Yeah. He would have been so handsome at that time.
Sad to say he had amnesia and did not leave an heir. /boo...

Well you know what they say about older guys who can still Grand Cross well into their fifties...
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »
Yeah. He would have been so handsome at that time.
Sad to say he had amnesia and did not leave an heir. /boo...

Just because he had amnesia does not mean he did not have a kid, if it was a case of a coma maybe...And I mean  a big maybe.

Well you know what they say about older guys who can still Grand Cross well into their fifties...

HOLY POWER

Heavenly Choir - God Speaking - Song / Sound Effect
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2013, 05:22:38 PM »
Just because he had amnesia does not mean he did not have a kid, if it was a case of a coma maybe...And I mean  a big maybe.

He could always have a test tube baby.  :P

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2013, 05:37:11 PM »
He could always have a test tube baby.  :P

I have thought of this as well ( opinion aside  and getting older  I just do not like this notion of tube/ sperm banks. Unless you really, really  need to. I prefer the old fashioned way. A man and a woman getting ready for the big moment with no worries just pure, love making ).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:40:40 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2013, 06:18:25 PM »
They could clone him, its 2036 after all. xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2013, 07:33:51 PM »
Did you play Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams for PC? That's a great game! Beautiful landscapes, great soundtrack, just the right difficulty, complex but retro gameplay... it's the full package!
I love what Twisted Dreams does in theory. Original Giana Sisters was a TOTAL Mario ripoff, what Twisted Dreams(as well as the DS one) is doing is totally making a identity for itself. And IMO, it works. I haven't played Twisted Dreams yet, but I'm eagerly awaiting it's release on PSN and Wii U.

That kind of gaming shines a little hope in my heart. To see games being released that are generally passion projects, especially nowadays, that are out to do something THEY want to do and not something trend dictates they HAVE to do.... it's just beautiful.

And to echo Abnormal Freak's sentiment, who doesn't enjoy "kiddy fare"? Sometimes it's great to "not take yourself too seriously" and loose yourself in a whimsical, bright imaginative world. It's one of the reasons I'd KILL(LOL) to have a new Kid Dracula game!

I have thought of this as well ( opinion aside  and getting older  I just do not like this notion of tube/ sperm banks. Unless you really, really  need to. I prefer the old fashioned way. A man and a woman getting ready for the big moment with no worries just pure, love making ).
Well, couldn't he have had a kid pre-Demon Castle War. He was 19 in 1999. Anybody think he entered Dracula's Castle as a virgin? I mean, he's a frickin' 19-year old GUY! Young man, horny be thy name!  ;D He could've very well had a girlfriend whom, the night before he set off, slept with. She became pregnant, he lost his memory, years pass, yadda yadda yadda, he never discovers that he fathered a child(Belmont heir). I mean, hell, Gabriel didn't know.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »
He could've very well had a girlfriend whom, the night before he set off, slept with. She became pregnant, he lost his memory, years pass, yadda yadda yadda, he never discovers that he fathered a child(Belmont heir). I mean, hell, Gabriel didn't know.

But Gabriel cant Grand Cross so hard like Julius, thats why he didnt knew... (What I just said? LOL)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2013, 11:54:51 PM »
Waitin' fer the PC DVD to ship. :) Supposed to come with a soundtrack CD and other goodies, is five bucks cheaper than the downloads, but sadly still requires Steam. Ya win some ya lose some.
Soundtrack too! That's SO cool!  :)
Believe me, you will enjoy that game!
And you will curse the final boss  :P

I love what Twisted Dreams does in theory. Original Giana Sisters was a TOTAL Mario ripoff, what Twisted Dreams(as well as the DS one) is doing is totally making a identity for itself. And IMO, it works. I haven't played Twisted Dreams yet, but I'm eagerly awaiting it's release on PSN and Wii U.

That kind of gaming shines a little hope in my heart. To see games being released that are generally passion projects, especially nowadays, that are out to do something THEY want to do and not something trend dictates they HAVE to do.... it's just beautiful.
Yes! I am totally with you!
It's refreshing to find stuff like this, which is new and original but still retro.

And to echo Abnormal Freak's sentiment, who doesn't enjoy "kiddy fare"? Sometimes it's great to "not take yourself too seriously" and loose yourself in a whimsical, bright imaginative world. It's one of the reasons I'd KILL(LOL) to have a new Kid Dracula game!
 Well, couldn't he have had a kid pre-Demon Castle War. He was 19 in 1999. Anybody think he entered Dracula's Castle as a virgin? I mean, he's a frickin' 19-year old GUY! Young man, horny be thy name!  ;D He could've very well had a girlfriend whom, the night before he set off, slept with. She became pregnant, he lost his memory, years pass, yadda yadda yadda, he never discovers that he fathered a child(Belmont heir). I mean, hell, Gabriel didn't know.
The idea of a 19 years old Julius makes me curious...
I'd "kill" (lol) for my dreamed Castlevania, but I'd rather not say what it is, haha!  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2013, 03:31:38 AM »
The idea of a 19 years old Julius makes me curious...
I'd "kill" (lol) for my dreamed Castlevania, but I'd rather not say what it is, haha!  :P

You can't start a fire and then leave........we demand the truth......... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2013, 06:57:13 AM »
+1
You can't start a fire and then leave........we demand the truth......... :P

Yeah spill the beans. I'm interested in this.  ;D

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2013, 12:33:25 PM »
Haha!  :) I must be the only one crazy enough to think of such a thing.
I remember when Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 came out for the Xbox 360, and I thought: Wow! How cool would it be if they made a Castlevania Xtreme! You know, our beloved characters on the beach, changing costumes...
But with time I've come to imagine an even better game...
Basically it would be another MetroidVania with a female lead and everything we've come to love on GBA and NDS, but with the aggregate of artworks related to the story, according on what you achieved during gameplay. But it's got to be hard to unlock, otherwise it loses its purpose.
Let's say, something like that old PC games, like Cobra Mission or Knights of Xenthar?...
Well, imagine you arrive with Juste at Carmilla's room, and after the fight, depending on your percentage and some items, something happens, and I leave the rest to your imaginations  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »
Juste grows a pair of boobs while Carmilla shoots them with squirt guns?

'Kay, maybe that's not quite the imagining you were thinking.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »
Yeah, not quite, haha...