Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Megaman VR  (Read 8730 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: August 06, 2013, 01:39:58 PM »

Its a new fangame that I found (anyone that know me should already guess) by accident. Its very ambitious and they want to make a engine that plays .nsf files and have a map editor.

Mega Man VR - Early Gameplay Preview

Official site

OST Preview:
http://soundcloud.com/codelimit/sets/mega-man-vr
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:41:29 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »
Everything looks fantastic especially the character designs!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »
Yeah, they some way made good designs that really feels menacing.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
That, and it also seems that they did a decent job with the music, an aspect that usually fails in fan games (and a lot of indie ones too).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 07:54:18 PM »
+1
It's nice to see more women robots getting in on the Mega man action. But to me the music is sound rather generic in the stylization that is of mega man's 5, 6, 9 and 10. What the composers of this game should do is go back to the stylization that was of mega man's 1, 2, 3 and 4. Although personally the music of 2 and 3 are the best the series to offer at the time of the NES run.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:14:14 PM »
Yes, I find it incredible to believe every time I think that some of Megaman 1 tunes, amazing as they are, come from a year so distant in time.
It's not easy for an independent developer composer to nail it just right with Megaman, it's one of the best franchises in terms of music.
That's what's been lacking in latest Megaman games, such as SFXMM, from which the only good remix was, in my opinion, the one from Vega's stage.
And that's a common flaw when it comes to NES-like new games: they sound like 8 bits but they lack the spirit and the unique richness those games had, despite their sound limitations.
Now, they have the technology, but they lack the creativity to compose "new old chiptunes".
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 06:03:04 AM »
Thats because they try to do 8-bit music, while at their time they tried to do the best masterpiece that they could.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 09:56:37 AM »
If I understand your point in the right way, then I agree...
It's like in 8 bits days VG composers tried to do (and achieved to do so in uncountable instances) masterpieces, and nowadays they just think "Hey, let's use 8 bit sounds so we can be cool, hip and retro, and also, it sounds like NES, dude!".
And guess what? It doesn't sound like NES! It just sound like amateur 8 bit "compositions" (if they can be called so) by people who doesn't understand what good NES music is about.
They should listen a little to all 3 CV games, all 6 Megaman games, Gargoyle's Quest, Zelda, and so many others, and at least try to copy, if they can't create something good.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 03:35:39 PM »
+1
Yes, it seems that some people that hack games know more about this than these indie creators, we cant blame them, they are really trying and should receive their deserved attention and credit, but when something is off, its off.

I've seem this video weeks ago, this moment, the music, the way they created the atmosphere in it is wonderful:

Rockman No Constancy - Wily's Fortress : Stage 1
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
I agree that megaman 1 to 4 had awesome music. However I find it unfair to say that sf vs megaman didn't have good music. I think they nailed perfectly how to mix street fighter and megaman. I mean ryu stage really stunned me the first time I heard it. Perfect mix of flashman and ryu. Also roland stage was awesome. They are a couple of other excellent tunes. In this particular game , to mix two songs into one, in my opinion, was done flawlessly. It is not an easy task, and the results were pretty good. Not all of them were great, but still, u have to give those guys credit, as they had to respect established criterias. It's my opinion though, I can understand people not liking it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:13:54 AM by SabinFigaro »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
No, of course they did a good job, I wouldn't blame them on any mistakes they had because they are not Capcom. I'm personally fond of the Vega stage remix and find the rest pretty bleh, but it's just my opinion. I would have been more harsh if it was made by Capcom, but seeing how Capcom has forgotten about Megaman (which is unforgivable and only serves them to embarrass themselves as a VG company), we have to thank these guys for at least making a new MM game.

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 09:20:12 PM »
Agreed 100%. I really don't understand why capcom abandoned the blue bomber. I mean, he's like what mario is to nintendo. You guys should check this: https://www.facebook.com/JKBGames and this: Mega Man 2.5D - Trailer
A little off topic from the music, but these games look awesome!!! I'm really looking forward to megaman 2.5d.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »
Looks nice!