Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Stanley Parable  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:17:19 PM »
The Stanley Parable Launch Trailer

This high-definition rethinking of a 2011 HL2 mod was released recently, and it's quite an interesting experiment in gaming.
Here's its premise, in a nutshell: you play as Stanley, a business employee in a large, impersonal firm. One day, you arrive at work to notice that all the other employees have vanished. You exit your cubicle, and... things happen. The rest is spoiler material.

The game is blessed with a very particular form of narration; there's a third-person narrator that guides you in all your actions, and tells you what to do -- but you can choose to disobey. Depending on where you go, and what you do, the game branches off.
It's an unconventional experience, but it's one worth trying out. At this point, I've gotten so engrossed in it that I've barely found the time for posting.

It's available for $15 on Steam, and if you're ready to make the investment, I would definitely suggest grabbing it.
Has anyone heard of it, or tried it out? It may not be the most CV-related game out there, but I'm curious to know what you Dungeonites think.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »
Are the Freelance Astronauts going to LP this version?

Tags:

anything