Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Smash Bros for 3DS: What are your Character Strategies? (Guides inside also!)  (Read 16911 times)

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
  • Need a Quality Assurance Tester?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Freaking Crissaegrim. I see what you did there XD.

So, any interesting character strategies out there? Miis or normal characters?

Questions about using characters?

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
I've got a question...is it just me, just Mega Man, or does it seem a little harder to do a snap about-face and attack...like when someone gets behind you.  I'm still on the demo, and I feel like I only notice this with Mega Man, but most of the time I can't pull off a quick turn-around-and-attack.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
He volunteered.  He's happy enough to be IN a game.

That sounds like something Mega Man would do. He's pretty altruistic.

I don't have the game yet but can anyone tell me if it's worth it? My brother got it and I'd really like to play him with it but I've been hearing some not so good things about even the local multiplayer having lag and stuff like that.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Turns out the last Ike custom I needed was only from completing a challenge :/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Alright, so I've been playing Super Smash Bros for 3DS every day and I'm enjoying the damn hell out of it...besides unlocking custom moves and not even getting the ones for the current character I use all the while using the home button exploit on classic.

So everyone's going on about tiers and what characters suck and what characters are "Richter Belmont's memories whipping Johnathan's butt in three hits" (Neobelmont quote).

Neobelmont is probably gonna ask me for a strategy on Lucina XD

first off that's a odd quote, I do recall something like this also, is it really a wild guess that I would try to main Lucy?

Also since all you guys and girls have this there needs to be a sparring session come guys and girls just to go against each other should be swell. Not to mention I all ready kicked your Shulk with my Lucina Sheepy  :P

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Are people playing against other people on here?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Are people playing against other people on here?

I would hope so, if not get on that guys and girls!  >:(

Also, Sheepy and I spar in many games, heck just a couple hours ago we were training.  And I am getting abit better with Marth. I'm winning online matches with him, gotta love that FE. Also here's a question, is it me or does he looks abit more manly in the face?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:12:34 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I couldn't say. He's the only FE character I don't main. Thank goodness for custom moves because I really wanted to play as Lucina but didn't like how Marth plays but at least I can switch it up a bit.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
There's only one problem with Lucina, she's on the slow side. No matter how hard I try against speedy character she lacks and don't get me started on dark Pit, I have not won a single match against him with Lucina.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Go away Dark Pit, nobody likes you (but your music is great).
They made Ganondorf no longer suck! :O
In Melee and Brawl I used to main Marth, but now I'm leaning toward MegaMan.  Pac-Man is fun to use as well.

Online, I'm getting an oddly large amount of LittleMac matches.  It's somewhat of a concern. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
In Melee and Brawl I used to main Marth, but now I'm leaning toward MegaMan.  Pac-Man is fun to use as well.

Online, I'm getting an oddly large amount of LittleMac matches.  It's somewhat of a concern.

....Dark Pit -_-..

Also I thought you mained Sheik? AS for the little mac problem I did start a thread on it, mind you this was when I was tired so it's not as good as it could have been.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,7549.0.html   I guess one of the mods could fuse em since it would go under character strategies.
(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
There's only one problem with Lucina, she's on the slow side. No matter how hard I try against speedy character she lacks and don't get me started on dark Pit, I have not won a single match against him with Lucina.
XD I actually made my Lucina's attack and defense higher and slowed her speed because I thought she was too fast.

I haven't tried Ganondorf yet. I mained him in Melee and maybe will again. His customs look cool.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

I like the way Mega Man looks but I'm kind of at a loss as to how to use him. Love Pac Man as well as Dedede, Sonic, ZS Samus, and some others I may be forgetting. Spent hours just futzing around in training mode last night getting used to the controls which was surprisingly fun.

Should we make a friend code thread for this game? I'll post mine as soon as I know the code.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
You could make a friendcode thread, but there IS a Nintendo Network ID (NNID) thread already staked at the top of this subforum.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
  • Need a Quality Assurance Tester?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I've got a question...is it just me, just Mega Man, or does it seem a little harder to do a snap about-face and attack...like when someone gets behind you.  I'm still on the demo, and I feel like I only notice this with Mega Man, but most of the time I can't pull off a quick turn-around-and-attack.
Actually, believe it or not, it's not just Megaman. It's the 3DS controls. Sometimes they really wonk up. Sometimes I get a side special instead of my up special for recovery (happens all the time with greninja for me) and other times I want to toss an item and it goes the same direction I'm face. Apparently, the game has button lag from what I've been hearing. Heck, doing a consistent amount of smashes went from 10/10 to 7/10 for me (especially with Ganondorf).

I like the way Mega Man looks but I'm kind of at a loss as to how to use him. Love Pac Man as well as Dedede, Sonic, ZS Samus, and some others I may be forgetting. Spent hours just futzing around in training mode last night getting used to the controls which was surprisingly fun.
Should I type up a Megaman guide to the best of my ability. I don't main him, but I can at least give out a few tips.

Need a Dark Pit guide? XD
The only thing they nerfed on Ganon is his side special. The character can roll out of it much faster giving you less time to follow up sometimes.
Hey, with Megaman, watch out for anyone who reflects projectiles....or the Villager. Villager can swallow 80% of Megaman's moveset.

Little Mac is a very popular character and everyone thinks he's cheap. He's not that hard to beat sometimes......>o>...sometimes. Depends on how new the person is to the game.

first off that's a odd quote, I do recall something like this also, is it really a wild guess that I would try to main Lucy?

Also since all you guys and girls have this there needs to be a sparring session come guys and girls just to go against each other should be swell. Not to mention I all ready kicked your Shulk with my Lucina Sheepy  :P

Lamb Please...There was way too much lag. I mean, I don't like Shulk much competitively because he's way too hard to play competitively! But Dark Pit man!? Come on, he isn't that bad. I thought Pit was more scary than Dark Pit?....Need a Dark Pit guide?

XD I actually made my Lucina's attack and defense higher and slowed her speed because I thought she was too fast.

I haven't tried Ganondorf yet. I mained him in Melee and maybe will again. His customs look cool.
Speed actually makes characters jump higher too. So just know, she will have more trouble recovering since her jump power is also lower unless you give her Dolphin Jump (custom move 3 for up special)

Dude, balance Ganon out and just give him a little more speed. (I managed to almost zero out other stats so the speed stat can be pretty high) and give him every custom move but his own. Yeah...Ganon's other custom moves are that much better than his own moveset.

My set up is:
Standing Special: 2 Warlock Blade (This move is serious overkill. Range and high knockback with tip)

Side Special: 2 Dark Wave (The choke sends the person flying up, even if you do the air version, kills at 120%)

Down Special: 3 Wizard's Assault or 2 Wizard's Drop kick (Start up is just a little longer, but he travels far and in the air comes straight down vertically (pretty safe edge guard)) ( 2 Wizard's Drop Kick actually is pretty nice also as it goes up a little into the air off the ground and comes down at an angle toward the opponent, so you can get over projectiles and a hard to stop angle. In the air, he travels pretty far horizontally also at an angle)

Up Special: 3 Dark Vault or 2 Dark Fists (With 3 Dark Vault, you'll make it back much more often. He actually goes up a little once, then stops for a short second and then goes up more and the grab only happens at the beginning or end.) ( 2 Dark Fists on the other hand is a freaking shin shoryuken almost. It's meant for killing but also recovery, and the hit box at the end is huge so hitting players on the way up to safety is almost guaranteed (and even a kill))

The other two custom moves on standing and side are also good for ohter situations. His other standing special "Warlock Thrust" has a lot of AoE coverage and comes out very fast, but is hard to kill with (great for easy 20% or more damage rack up). The Dark Chain Side special hits a lot of times while traveling through the opponent and has no grab. This one is actually very good for building up damage, chipping shield, characters rolling away (not toward), and edge guard. Some characters can't make it back safe past this move depending on how they recover.

((sorry for all the responses V-V))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:11:02 AM by Captain Sheepy »