Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Berserk.... Awakening (Spoilers)  (Read 9711 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« on: March 02, 2018, 05:07:36 PM »
So 21 years after the eclipse
(click to show/hide)

I know there are some Berserk fans in the dungeon. Have all of you been keeping up with the manga??

Miura once stated in around 2011 that he was 65-75% through the story, which could mean berserk would wrap up at around chapter 400, which if true would still be years from now..

What do you believe will happen in the immediate future?

Will Griffith attack Elfhelm as he did to Flora's house, or will Guts and co leave to attack Falconia?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:36:16 PM by Gunlord »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »
Yeah, I've been looking forward to this for years. Casca's finally back, omg! Also, I added (spoilers) to your thread title just in case people who haven't caught up don't find out what happened, it's huge!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 06:43:38 PM »
let us not forget that she might not necessarily want the same thing

o what strugglers we are awaiting the end

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:30:38 PM »
let us not forget that she might not necessarily want the same thing

o what strugglers we are awaiting the end

This is true, SK's foreshadowing remains as, if not more significant.
I find it interesting that Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage had quests that would assist Casca regaining parts of her memory, apparently she even calls Guts "My Love". The relevance of this was Miura having a hand in the development, one would therefore assume this having been one of the most significant plot points, that maybe Casca will recognise Guts and not be "damaged". However, the last Chapter has left uncertainty at the forefront of our minds.

@Gunlord Thanks, I considered doing this myself. Good move.

We know the moonlight child used the World Tree (remnants of Ganishka) to teleport to the beach in an earlier chapter. In the interest of not spending 20 years on a boat, I do believe the Elf King will assist them in using this to return or warp into the waking world prior to too much time having passed.

Things to note:
- Casca's heart in the dream world looks eerily similar to the IOE in deleted chapter 87(I think?), so I wonder if this is why it was deleted.
- The thorns around her heart, was it encapsulated by the miasma or is it a SK reference (his shield bears an insignia of thorns)
- What will happen to Farnese, having been cut by those thorns in The dream world?

If Casca goes back to being Griffith's Sword I'm gunna lose my shit!!  :o

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 04:54:24 AM »
if you get cut by thorns in the dream world you get cut by thorns in the real world, duuuuuuh

either that or farnese'll get all thorny for captain roidrage again

This is true, SK's foreshadowing remains as, if not more significant.
I find it interesting that Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage had quests that would assist Casca regaining parts of her memory, apparently she even calls Guts "My Love". The relevance of this was Miura having a hand in the development, one would therefore assume this having been one of the most significant plot points, that maybe Casca will recognise Guts and not be "damaged". However, the last Chapter has left uncertainty at the forefront of our minds.

i think the implication of the dream is that she does recognize him--otherwise, what's the point of the dog? a beaten dog weighed down by dragging around her coffin with a broken self-image inside it; that's pretty solidly a representation of her thinking of herself as broken and/or "unworthy" of him, and suffering further knowing he drags along weighed down by caring for her despite her self-image being shattered

now it seems just a question of whether those justifiable problems of self-worth and shellshock will be properly conveyed in the waking world, now that she's (presumably) not inwardly broken to the point of being infantile

If Casca goes back to being Griffith's Sword I'm gunna lose my shit!!  :o

an interesting thing to consider: can she truly go back to being griffith's sword, now that griffith doesn't really exist as griffith anymore?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:01:11 AM by Dracula9 »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »
if you get cut by thorns in the dream world you get cut by thorns in the real world, duuuuuuh

either that or farnese'll get all thorny for captain roidrage again

i think the implication of the dream is that she does recognize him--otherwise, what's the point of the dog? a beaten dog weighed down by dragging around her coffin with a broken self-image inside it; that's pretty solidly a representation of her thinking of herself as broken and/or "unworthy" of him, and suffering further knowing he drags along weighed down by caring for her despite her self-image being shattered

now it seems just a question of whether those justifiable problems of self-worth and shellshock will be properly conveyed in the waking world, now that she's (presumably) not inwardly broken to the point of being infantile

an interesting thing to consider: can she truly go back to being griffith's sword, now that griffith doesn't really exist as griffith anymore?

All valid points, the only concern being that her heart had thorns around it, though it could represent the tainted demon/ moonlight child, which could intentionally/ unwanted my implicate ties to Griffith (which explains why a falcon resembling Femto was protecting the heart/ fetus like its own egg, in the dreamworld).

If you recall in the arc where the Egg of the New World gave birth to Griffith, even Guts was stunned by his presence and stated that for a moment he "forgot to kill him[Griffith]". So it may be a case that Casca sees him and something shifts within her. Casca is also smart enough to plot ahead, she may choose to join Griffith in a plot to be close enough to him to assist Guts in landing the killing blow. Given this information it could be possible, regardless of whether it breaks our hearts a little bit or not.

Side note: Regarding the state of Griffith, he is now Femto, but he chooses to appear to the world as traditional "Griffith". He only ever lapsed back into Femto when creating the world tree. My opinion on the matter is that he conceals his true identity to appear moreso as how people would perceive the "Falcon of Light", where as if he was seen in his Femto form, the Apostles would accept him but the general public may freak out. Falconia won't last, something will happen. But I wonder how much time has passed in the real world since they entered Elfhelm. Hell, Rickert and Erica could have grown up by now!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:57:03 PM by zangetsu468 »

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 04:40:48 PM »
i don't think the thorns have anything to do with any external character, at least not so literally

i always took it as:

has a unique love for griffith that isn't quite fully amatory > develops a fully amatory love for guts > is betrayed, offered up as sacrifice, and raped by griffith > serious emotional trauma that shatters her relationship with and feelings relating to griffith up until that point > femto's this fucks with the fetus she conceived with guts > gives birth to femto rape demon baby which its actual father immediately tries to kill thinking it's femto's > all the implications of moonlight kid > thorn heart symbolic of casca actively trying to "lock away" her heart from being subjected to even further pain and trauma

since, think about it

presumably she knows demon infant was originally sired by guts (assuming she knew she was pregnant with it before the eclipse), and that infant was tainted by femto rape and served as griffith's new body--meaning that in a somewhat-removed-but-still-very-literal sense, guts killing griffith will also entail guts killing his own offspring

couple this with the seeming conflict of emotional interest between our two favorite contrasting-colored birds, and throw in a bit of inference that she at least subconsciously knows some of the above regarding the infant, and it seems a perfect recipe to me for a woman who's been through that level of trauma would want to keep what's left of her heart locked up and protected

of course there are a million and one ways to interpret that particular image of the dreamworld, and this is but one

All valid points, the only concern being that her heart had thorns around it, though it could represent the tainted demon/ moonlight child, which could intentionally/ unwanted my implicate ties to Griffith (which explains why a falcon resembling Femto was protecting the heart/ fetus like its own egg, in the dreamworld).

i think the dreamfalcon might've been meant to be a bit more literally-interpreted than that--femto's rape is noted as the major trauma event that shattered her worldview and perception of things, and femto's rape produced the demon infant, so it comes as no surprise the worst trauma and the thing it conceived are tied in her mindscape

although, consider this possibility: perhaps casca subconsciously doesn't want to wake up and have to confront those traumas, so when a witch and witch-in-training jump into her mind, the part of herself that doesn't want to wake up conjures up the most terrifying image it has in its arsenal to protect the most vital fragment of memory--that terrifying image being femto

i mean we already had penis monsters all over the place, so we know her mind's already assigning "forms" to the rape trauma, and femto is at the center of all that

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »
The main reason I believe the thorns are symbolic of something foreboding is because they were noticed by Shierke and Farnese, but it seemed they didn't have time to do act because of the falcon, so they put the heart in its place. Whether they could have done anything is unclear, my guess is probably not as the dream is a physical manifestation of inner emotions and mindstate. Given imagery of those demons were vortexing from the heart itself.

I have my own ideas on what it all means. In broad terms, the moonlight child is the key to injuring Griffith imho, although one hopes killing Griffith won't mean the death of the child.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 04:38:23 AM »
aye, chances are the rush in mending the doll completely will have lasting consequences

I have my own ideas on what it all means. In broad terms, the moonlight child is the key to injuring Griffith imho, although one hopes killing Griffith won't mean the death of the child.

possible, but i'm not completely sure that's plausible--definitely-totally-not-gaiseric's own admission is that no one save another who's "left the story and challenged the author" can harm him, and so far at least we haven't had explicit note that moonkid is one such being

though, a thought just occurred to me regarding the thorned heart, and it's not a pleasant one--what if it's symbolic of casca being "bound" to grifto and somehow his rape laid the potential for him to make a thrall of her later on, and would result in guts having to make the hardest choice imaginable?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:40:13 AM by Dracula9 »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 07:36:43 AM »
aye, chances are the rush in mending the doll completely will have lasting consequences

possible, but i'm not completely sure that's plausible--definitely-totally-not-gaiseric's own admission is that no one save another who's "left the story and challenged the author" can harm him, and so far at least we haven't had explicit note that moonkid is one such being

though, a thought just occurred to me regarding the thorned heart, and it's not a pleasant one--what if it's symbolic of casca being "bound" to grifto and somehow his rape laid the potential for him to make a thrall of her later on, and would result in guts having to make the hardest choice imaginable?

Without over explaining I'm going to answer back to those paragraphs two-fold. "Grifto" specifically protected Casca on the Hill of Sword during the Zodd vs Guts fight, instinctively he fled to her rescue and her brand started acting up. Later on the beach, the moonlight child sees Guts and Casca (either before or after the fight with those demon aligators), a shadowy figure looms in the background, if you look closely it's Zodd - also well know he's Griffith's right hand man and essentially "his ride". So the question is there's a link between them, the question is, is he Griffith since Griffith was reborn of his fetus? Or, is he really Guts and Casca's child with somewhat mystical properties who only happens to appear when there's a full moon? (All rhetorical, don't feel obligated)

The above in conjunction with your 2nd paragraph presents something interesting.. I too have had as a potential outcome - Casca's being bound to Griffith. Whether that binding is via the child, or herself because of Griffith's place as her offspring, it may present issues with Guts attempting to kill Griffith. The whole "she may not necessarily want the same thing as you" could refer back to the scene where Guts attempted to kill the demon fetus, which Casca jumped infront of to protect. It's very plausible, given what has happened.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 12:19:00 PM »
another quickie: griffith isn't the one who's "left the story"--it's the infant

another another quickie that conjoins with the above one: moonkid is the astral of the infant and that's why he only appears at night

connective quickie for both of the above: moonkid can ride the branches of the worldtree--something we've not seen any other being capable of doing

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 01:44:59 PM »
another quickie: griffith isn't the one who's "left the story"--it's the infant

another another quickie that conjoins with the above one: moonkid is the astral of the infant and that's why he only appears at night

connective quickie for both of the above: moonkid can ride the branches of the worldtree--something we've not seen any other being capable of doing

From my understanding:

- Infant got devoured, Griffith was reborn, the moonlight child since only appears every X nights (presumably, when the moonlight is strong ie full moons)

- Yes it's entirely possible, and highly likely

- He has mystical properties no doubt. (He was also the one to "lead Guts" out of the ocean when he destroyed the sea god.) The world tree could be a sign of things to come:
Scenario A) Grifto & Co use the world tree to enter and attack Elfhelm as they did to Flora
Scenario B) Guts & Co use the world tree (under the guidance of the Elf King?) to return to the waking world
Scenario C) A and B never happen and they get back on the boat and it's another 15 years of manga "Berserk: Tales from the briney deep"
Scenario D) A-C are all incorrect. SK rocks up, cuts a whole in space and they go back to the waking world.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 04:45:42 PM »
i'd be down for scenario D, more sk is always good

also i don't think infant is completely gone from everything, on account of the whole "are these feelings from the infant that made my new body" thing

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 05:28:58 PM »
I agree, SK is always a point of interest for me.

That reminds me, he ate green Behelits for an unknown number of years and made the sword of actuation. Yet, he left Guts' Behelit with him, which means it is definitely going to be used at some point.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 05:43:34 PM »
Man I love this manga and all but this has dragged on FAR to long, after 8 years of reading this manga and waiting on them to finally get Caska back to her former self its good to see that is back now, I just wonder how different she will be since now she will still have her memories of what Griffith did to her, although she is back I doubt she will ever be the same, also looking forward to seeing how she will fit into the battles now since she was a warrior and most likely will not sit idly by while Guts is out there fighting, but to be honest things are a bit out of her league now from what she was fighting before, unless she get some sort of powerup I fail to see what she will be able to do in the upcoming battles. I'm also looking forward to her and Guts reuniting. :-*

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/