Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 980677 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #765 on: May 11, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »
The fact she basically is encouraging remixing & live performance covers and uploading them to our heart's content....that right there is why she's my favorite.

And it shows how much freedom she'll be taking advantage of now that she's under a corporate heel and in terms of decrees from Igarashi, he only said "make it catchy". (which I loooooooooooove)

I am a very happy Tatt right now.  I can't play instruents aside for sing a little, or do digital remixes, etc, but I love this sort of thing.  Castlevania music, from Classicvania stuff right up to Lords of Shadow, lives on my ipod, which mainly lives in my car these days.  I've been a frothing loon for Castlevania music ever since I discovered the series back in the early 2000s.  I can't wait to be able to get these songs from Bloodstained in Dracul (my car).
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #766 on: May 11, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »
Edit:  Lol, just a thought..... what if Konami ended up outsourcing an official Castlevania game to Iga, before deciding to let him keep the series? XD

That's a lovely thought, but it ain't gonna happen.

I can't wait to hear what Jorge can do with Yamane's track.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #767 on: May 11, 2015, 04:54:16 PM »
+2
what if their last game was... 1999

and yuo guys had to choose. castlevania 1999 or bloodstained???

Bloodstained. The 1999 storyline doesn't hold as much weight with me than it does with anyone else. I couldn't care less if they didn't make a 1999 game, since I'm perfectly content with it remaining what it is: lore.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #768 on: May 11, 2015, 04:58:15 PM »
http://iga-bloodstained.tumblr.com/

Their tumblr is already getting some nice fanart.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #769 on: May 11, 2015, 05:00:44 PM »
Well...damn. So many of these tiers look cool, but with the funding deadline being a month away, I think I'm gonna do $100.

I really wanted the $300 tier, but my wife kind of talked me out of it. It would be seriously irresponsible of me financially to do that right now.  :-[

Now it'll be interesting to see what IGA comes up with now that he (presumably) has a larger budget than what Konami offered him for his handheld games.

And just shy of $800,000 already? This may be a bit premature, but...suck it, Konami.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:03:24 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #770 on: May 11, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »
I am a very happy Tatt right now.  I can't play instruents aside for sing a little, or do digital remixes, etc, but I love this sort of thing.  Castlevania music, from Classicvania stuff right up to Lords of Shadow, lives on my ipod, which mainly lives in my car these days.  I've been a frothing loon for Castlevania music ever since I discovered the series back in the early 2000s.  I can't wait to be able to get these songs from Bloodstained in Dracul (my car).

I'm already chatting with some of my more musically-inclined buddies about doing arrangements. =D

I need to get her to MAGFest. So. Damn. Badly.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #771 on: May 11, 2015, 05:02:59 PM »
+4

Probably already posted but it's still great.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #772 on: May 11, 2015, 05:04:37 PM »
I know that this is not a CV game, but the whole introducing video screams Castlevania to me, since the SCVIV homage to the IGA turned in bats. Also, the music is really cool too.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #773 on: May 11, 2015, 05:07:38 PM »
it was partially Kojima's fault since he supported mercurysteam, which is also to blame trying to cashgrab the Castlevania franchise and just looking to make money (just like how Ninja Theory didn't care about ruining DMC
reputation, they were just after money and fame. not taking care of the franchise's foundations, lore and design.
trolling the fanbase since they will get paid under contract anyways.),
but Kojima pushed Konami to choose MS (a very horrible choice) instead of IGA. 

Kojima overrates western developers and underrated Japanese talent.  Hideo doesn't even care about the Metal Gear series much since MGS3, so Castlevania means nothing to him, he just sees the industry more as a science instead of an art, and MGS is the only thing he understands. ) 

but anyways, this actually worked out better for IGA, since Konami is out of touch with the industry anyways,
and IGA can do more outside of that.  full 3D Castlevania just doesn't have the full team, budget and resources to do it right, so 2D and 2.5D are much more adaptable to IGA's style, and the greatest in the series are 2D.

You see even legendary series like Street Fighter use 2.5D instead of full 3D.  can full 3D be better for the series?
it can be, but it could be at the expense of the series gameplay fundamentals and level design strengths.

Y'know, if a Westerner who badly wants to be Japanese is a weaboo, then is a Japanese person who wants to be a Westerner a Westaboo? Because that's what people like Kojima and Inafune always came off as; a couple of brown-nosers who constantly gushed about Western developers...despite Western developers nowadays showing themselves to be a bunch of clowns with no discipline, constantly wasting money and making overhyped shlock. You'd after the first few disappointments they'd catch the hint, but still they went on. It was weird.

Anyway, looks like we're coming up on 800k which means we get a hard mode. I hope that they get a Wii U version up because it'd be nice to have alongside my VC Castlevanias plus if it weren't for Nintendo we wouldn't have over half of Iga's stellar titles.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #774 on: May 11, 2015, 05:11:29 PM »
$800,000 reached. Nightmare Difficulty confirmed.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #775 on: May 11, 2015, 05:13:11 PM »
I wonder what would be revealed when they hit a million USD?

Offline DonBorrelli

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #776 on: May 11, 2015, 05:14:02 PM »
What do you guys think are actually the odds of seeing a Wii U Release?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #777 on: May 11, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
The art sucks (WHy not Ayami? Why?) But I'm super excited! Totally on board for not-Castlevania!

Everything comes full circle

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #778 on: May 11, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »

Is Unreal Engine 4 even compatible with Wii-U? If not, not for a long time.

The art sucks (WHy not Ayami? Why?) But I'm super excited! Totally on board for not-Castlevania!

It states on the Kickstarter page that she had other commitments.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #779 on: May 11, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »

They've made hints of it on the page, but nothing concrete. My guess is that it's a stretch goal since the Unreal Engine 4 (which the game is being made on) doesn't have Wii U compatibility out of the box which means they'd have to modify it. Yet another reason for me to get irritated at Epic.

Tags: