Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: President Obama wins re-election  (Read 7977 times)

Online Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »
What a strange view of America's past you two have.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »
Aren't the grey aliens Jewish?

I don't think so. The Jewish symbol aka the star of David is actually the intersecting Tetrahedral; Two equilateral triangles (Tetrahedrons) converging together that forms the six-sided star shape. The intersecting Tetrahedral is the mathematical blueprint for life, the universe and everything we know. And it was in existence long, looooong before the Jewish tribes ever used it for their nation's flag. Besides, extraterrestrials look exactly like us as we ourselves are not native to earth. Earth is a colony planet which throughout our history, most of us have forgotten. The grays are nothing more then biological androids used by extra terrestrials so they themselves are not in harm's way. And considering that we are a primitive, paranoid culture with war-like tendencies, their use of androids is justified. Sorry for derailing the topic  :P but beingthehero asked  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 06:09:46 PM »
I wish I knew Gary Johnson was going for 5%, I would've voted for him. As I didn't know what 5% entailed.

Oh well, I guess. I doubt ti will have helped much anyway.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 02:42:42 AM »
What a strange view of America's past you two have.

It's like they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

PS- Though personally I don't see anything strange about it. Human culture and society does not and never has existed in a vacuum. Really, the main function of any given society/culture is to serve as a buffer against environmental pressures (natural or man-made) so that the group can survive. While, like most things that are man-made, there will be parts that serve no function, the function of practices and beliefs which seem strange are often misunderstood or not seen at all without looking deeply.

For example I remember there was one culture where cannibalism was used as a way to strengthen ties between families. As I recall a man would eat some of his in-laws after they died as a favor to his wife's family. It was believed this was part of a process that would free the trapped souls of the in-laws. He also did some ritual hunting of birds, the soul having been next caught inside the bird, finally freed after it was killed, as part of this. Needless to say freeing a loved ones soul gains you a lot of gratitude, and families that stick together live longer in harsh environments. Of course this ritual may have had its origin in a time of famine, we don't know. But it helped pull the people together even if it was (unbeknownst to them at the time) demonstrably bad for them*, just as being too insular and conservative is bad for a group though they may not sense that it is.

*Cannibalism can lead to serious illnesses, it's how we got mad cow disease.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:13:03 AM by Ratty »

Tags:

anything