Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The unknown story of Stalin's brilliant scientist  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
The unknown story of Stalin's brilliant scientist
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »
The 30's and 40's of the 20th century were a time of conflict, a time of crises, a time of great suffering, uncertainty, great hopes and most of all great obsessions and madness. The former empires of Europe were split between the ones who were bent on reforming the world and the ones bent on destroying the world and building it anew. The obsession of Europe with radical changes, both political and scientific gave rise to some of the greatest developments in science, technology and medicine. It also led to the greatest horrors performed in the name of science and progress.

Both Hitler and Stalin had brilliant scientists who worked to develop tools which could make their empires world leaders. One of them was Vladimir Demikhov.

http://gizmodo.com/5776600/the-story-of-the-giant-dog+headed-robot-that-never-was
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: The unknown story of Stalin's brilliant scientist
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »
Creepy, pretty interesting but creepy.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »
I honestly don't see such a thing during that time in history ever working with a dog. Not without some sort of computing program to assist the K-9 in some way or another. And such computer systems did not come into existence till sometime during the late 50's, early 60's. They'd have better luck using a human. But just looking at the image was slightly disturbing. I feel sorry for the animal in question and if animal rights activists were around back then just imagine the storm of controversy and outrage that would erupt.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:08:06 AM »
if animal rights activists were around back then just imagine the storm of controversy and outrage that would erupt.

Nothing would have changed, since they dont even are respecting human rights when this happened.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:25:34 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »
I feel sorry for the animal in question and if animal rights activists were around back then just imagine the storm of controversy and outrage that would erupt.

While I agree with you that the experiments look horrible don't forget they led to findings that made a revolution in medicine and save thousands, if not more lives every year. Dang, even today I find it hard to believe you can take an organ from a human, even dead one, transplant it in another person and it function as if it was his. Imagine how crazy that sounded 70 years ago.

Today, it seems like stem cell research is the future of medicine. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 04:22:02 PM »
While I agree with you that the experiments look horrible don't forget they led to findings that made a revolution in medicine and save thousands, if not more lives every year. Dang, even today I find it hard to believe you can take an organ from a human, even dead one, transplant it in another person and it function as if it was his. Imagine how crazy that sounded 70 years ago.

It sounded crazy enough that there were stories proclaiming it as something "man was not meant to know" etc.

Movie Trailer - Mad Love (1935)

My favorite of these is "Mad Love". (based on the story "The Hands of Orlac") Which is about a Pianist who after having his hands transplanted with that of a murderer finds that his new hands are more fit for killing (specifically knife-throwing) than playing the Piano in a bit of tale-wagging-the-dog logic. Peter Lorre steals the show from Colin Clive though, in his role as the Doctor who demonstrates that science is evil and not to be trusted, as these little morality plays always insist.

Tags: