Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Waddafuq?  (Read 8895 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 03:18:30 PM »
+1
Have you trademarked "Reverend Uzo" yet? You could get some killer royalties off this shit. :P

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 07:35:28 PM »
MY NAME IS KUPO LOL
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 07:56:47 PM »
I thought that was super funny. I used the Chapel quite a bit up until the super long break thing. I sometimes poke my head in there every once in awhile.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »
It's pretty much dead as disco at this point.

Truth be told I'm a little nostalgic about the old Chapel, though I'm much more thankful the old boards are dead and gone; it would be embarrassing if my teenage stupidity were still on public display.  :-X

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »
It's pretty much dead as disco at this point.

Disco's not dead. I still listen to it  ;D

Truth be told I'm a little nostalgic about the old Chapel, though I'm much more thankful the old boards are dead and gone; it would be embarrassing if my teenage stupidity were still on public display.  :-X

Truth be told each and every one of us has a skeleton or two hidden away in our internet closets which we'd all hope would disappear. But since the internet is entirely digital I doubt it would ever be the case, unless an entire network erasure took place.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 11:55:52 PM »
I've checked. Chapel doesn't appear to have Internet archive pages early enough back (that I've been able to find), and IIRC the server move entailed a total loss of all previous posts.

And I've got way more than one or two skeletons, lol. That's not to say I'm entirely ashamed of them, it's plain enough to those who know what I'm talking about that I grew waaaay the hell out of them, but I mean;

-Peklo vs thernz - VOTE OR DIE (obviously thernz is the champion here)
-Bitch, you seen my fanart?
-Who the hell typo'd Teus Deus Meus are they retarded or somet-OH THE FORUM ADMIN TYPED IT OH SHIT OH SHIT
-My 8-bit sprite wonders that totally didn't bend palette and style limitations over a table (I made what, three different threads for that shit?)
-Shitty flamewhip sprites featuring an entire flame of nothing but pain-inducing gradations
-Shitty Olrox edits with a cape, also filled with shitty pain-inducing gradations
-Shitty FFIV Zemus edits to make a totes new Dracula for [insert game I was gonna make but never did because I didn't know shit]
-Shitty Shaft (Rondo) edits to make another totes new Dracula
-Flooding CVImages.meeka.net (back when the damn thing was actually still around) with aforementioned shitty sprites (AS THOUGH ANYBODY WOULD EVER ACTUALLY USE THEM HAHA OH MY GOD)
-Constantly asking for various rips because I didn't know Serio had a site and was good at things
-Spamming Invader Zim stuff (the ED bit was accurate, the amount of Gir shit I posted was ridiculous, and it was only ever Gir)
-Oh my god uzo why'd you post a correct version of the thing I was shittily attempting to do you've ruined the entire thing for me forever
-This new member made fun of me it has to be uzo using an alt because I'm fifteen and paranoid (to be fair Hikarusa WAS still an asshole)
-How do I make an avatar I've gotten killer viruses from forums b4 so yeah
-LEGEND OF DRAGOON AND FFVII ARE LIKE THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE (this is arguably true in LoD's case) WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITES EVEN THOUGH I'M JUST GONNA BITCH ABOUT HOW LOD AND FFVII ARE STILL DA BESTEST
-Actually listening to anything gizmonicgamer/Jason had to say about anything and even more frightening taking his advice
-Posting large sprite sheets as multiple split files because HEY BITMAP IS THE BEST FILE FORMAT EVER AND TOTALLY NOT SPACE-CONSUMING PNG WHAT'S THAT
-ALIS BABY YOU ARE THE CELEBRITY OF MY HEART - oh, wait, that was uzo, my bad
-Hey Darkmane can you upload these videos to Youtube because I'm stupid and don't want to use my account because why not
-Covertly operating with another member for several days to get the source for the Maria doujins from Jorge, rather than Google them like anybody else would (yes this actually happened)
-Open a CV song in Audacity, apply an obscene amount of reverb, and upload it as a remix (oh the shame)
-Posting said songs like I'd achieved Nirvana with the act and then wondering why people were busting my balls
-Spamming basically every subforum with stupid shit because I actually thought post count mattered (I think I was pushing 4000 when the server move happened, and maybe only a few hundred of those were actually somewhat decent)

Like, I can go on. :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:19:27 AM by Dracula9 »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 05:50:49 AM »
Prunyuu~~~~~

I still can't believe Alis turned out to be successor, though. :mad:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 05:51:56 AM »
Oh, Neil confirmed it? When was this?

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 06:51:54 AM »
Wait, what!?

Successor was posing as Alis also? I mean, that would explain why Alis was always saying no pics, but wtf?!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2015, 07:30:24 AM »
Well, it's what all my friends (Diplo, Thernz, and Hero) tell me--that Alis was posing the whole time. I guess you'd have to ask them for the real scoop....

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 07:48:02 AM »
Prunyuu~~~~~

I still can't believe Alis turned out to be successor, though. :mad:

Does not surprise me in the least.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 09:26:10 AM »
I'm too new to know all those people. :p

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 09:43:36 AM »
That's...a lotta s**t there Dracula9  :o

I have to ask if there's a CV dungeonite award for such a skeletons-in-the-closet collection, lol.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »
I was a stupid little shit back in the day, man.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 09:59:54 PM »
I was a stupid little shit back in the day, man.

and you still are... Seems like you grew up fast then.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Tags: