Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056976 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1185 on: July 06, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
Contests would be fun, tho it would require extra mods for the contests section.

I made a thread about it so if you want to back the idea please post on it!

I think we need these kind of activities to inject new life into the forum!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1186 on: July 08, 2014, 10:09:49 AM »
Yay! Deviantart People!
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1187 on: July 09, 2014, 12:40:34 AM »
ZSG, if that Megaman reimagined sprite was for Inc's contest, I can post it there for you if they'll let me (which they probably would).

Also, I have that entire Zero sheet (the ones you wanted upward slashes for), if you'd like it.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1188 on: July 09, 2014, 12:11:10 PM »
Yes it was for INC's contest. If you could post it there, I would be happy. Could you PM me that Zero sheet as well? I have a gigantic Zero sheet, *clicky* , but I dunno if it's the one you were talking about.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1189 on: July 10, 2014, 12:49:01 AM »
Okay, I'll post it.

Yeah, that's the sheet. I've never seen that version of it, though. The version I have has a bunch of extra frames I had to do myself, and it also has a fixed palette, since almost every other sheet of that set has multiple palettes that are all off by the tiniest amounts.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1190 on: July 10, 2014, 11:24:53 AM »
I'd like the fixed palette one then please. Also, that version was made by me. The old version I got was disorganized. And it has crappy palette issues.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1191 on: July 10, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
Excuse my double post, but SPRITE OVERLOAD!!!!!!    Anyway, one new thing:
And a crapload of old stuff.                

I just realized that MMZ and MMZX heads are actually the same style as the MMEX sprites. 0_0

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #1192 on: July 13, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »
Here you go, ZSG.

http://i.imgur.com/Xd7dIYt.png

The sheet's a hot mess, and I'm far too lazy to organize it, but there's what you need.

Be aware that the yellow-rectangled sections are sprites I've done myself, and the pink-rectangled ones were done by SerenityInFire. I doubt he'd have a problem with you using them, but I figured I'd let you know in the event you wanted to ask him for credit and whatnot yourself. I know not everyone's a big a stickler about asking permissions as I am, but if I'm gonna share his stuff, I'm at least gonna put it out there.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1193 on: July 14, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
Thanks Drac. Also, 2 new things. 1. Some crappy inafune-style X pixel art with crappy shading     2. A freshly abandoned campsite (the pic is unfinished)    The camping pic has 33 colors already.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1194 on: July 15, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »
Here's some futzing around I did with Megaman since that seems to be the flavor of the week. ;P
It's my own retooling of his original design with a bit of the Wily Wars sprite thrown in.
And that is my interpretation of an 8-bit X that I did partially 'cause I didn't like the ones I've seen around and for scaling purposes against Rock.

And this is an edit I made of the Archie Comics sprite of Timeman in 8-bit style.
I feel like I should tweak the right arm (left from your view).
Maybe move it up a pixel or two so it doesn't look like it's as long at the elbow as his whole other arm.

And to bring things back to CV...
This is a mock up of the title screen used in the Akumajou Dracula X translation project for the little mini game thing if you don't have the right hu-card inserted:

And here are the actual graphics inserted into the game before the palette was corrected:

EDIT:

Here's that little adjustment to Timeman I mentioned I should do.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:27:33 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1195 on: July 15, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »

It needs fix like the head for example but i wanted to show this

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1196 on: July 15, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »

It needs fix like the head for example but i wanted to show this
Did you make that?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1197 on: July 15, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »
Yeah, he actually made a full sheet on deviantART too.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1198 on: July 15, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
Did you make that?

Yes, the first sheet was fine but i think my friend and I know more about how to do sprites so we make or trying to do a better version of Trevor, this is the old:

http://drameloch.deviantart.com/art/Trevor-Belmont-MoF-426905236
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:09:41 PM by Jop »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1199 on: July 15, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »
@ Jop yeah..that new walk animations is very nice! I think you have a good piont with that animation.

@ Inccubus i really dig the time man 8 bit megamn sprites their!..i often wonder if played in a level what the nes famitracker midi would sound like..i havent yet youtubed to see if anyone did a version yet. I do remembre that song being pretty neat in the psp game..and cutman's music especially. But yeah it's so crazy to see him in 8 bit..

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

anything