Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?  (Read 105968 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2013, 05:57:52 AM »
Lely, wait.... you don't know what happened to yourself?!
Are you a doppelganger?  :P

I thought no one would notice my name in the middle of these , good job. Crazy idea that I had when exhausted yesterday lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
How could we not notice it if we are reading it?  :P
Laina hasn't been posting very frequently, also.
And I didn't see Dark Nemesis either, these last days.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »
+1

I've seen a lot of people here reading your entire post and then asking something that was already been answered in this very same post. So that could work :P

Yes, Laina doesnt post frequently like she did in the past, Dark Nemesis should be playing some game, who knows.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »
+1

I'm a specter of the dungeon........muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »
He is the peeping eye that sees everything  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
Specters cant type, A-HA!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2013, 12:26:12 AM »
Specters cant type, A-HA!

Seems you know little about ghosts........ 
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2013, 12:47:23 AM »
Seems you know little about ghosts........

Seems you know little about cartoon-type jokes...  :p
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2013, 01:12:58 AM »
You aren't a ghost! I've seen your pictures in that greek island!  :P

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
+2

There are a few other forum members whom I've done this with... usually people I've established some kind of rapport with.  Instead of ruthlessly warning them three times, then banning them, I would talk to them.  I would explain that this behavior does not help the serenity of the community, and would advise them to be more diplomatic in their words.  I would explain that the harshness of their words can be seen as hurtful and that they should exercise tact whenever possible, in order to nurture the community into a happier place.  Most of the time, they would listen.  Sometimes, though...

I can attest for this.....and thank you for at least trying. I know many things I say can't be taken seriously due to me acting like a complete and utter sociopath throughout the years, however I honestly do appreciate you Jorge being a friend to me at one point in time. You're probably one of the few who did from the first time I stepped foot in the dungeon. I can't really apologize any more cause I've worn that card out over the years. What I could do is recognize why I've lost good friends I did have on and offline. The drama, grudges and utter garbage seems so insignificant in the present times. I have seen others do a lot of repulsive acts and I have many of my own. Really, if trust is to be restored in others it starts with the person who has to do the trusting. The untrusted can't force anyone to trust them once they have screwed up (especially in some cases similar to my own when people have screwed up more times than Dr Wily in a Megaman game and then asked for forgiveness).

All I could say Jorge is that we can take from the positive and bring all that up rather than the negative. We had cool talks about games, music, and even life itself. I liked how you, me and Darkmoon would get together and always discuss cool new concepts and hell if it wasn't for the original homebrew idea, we would have never started the project. I think you have great ideas man you really do. I hope to see many more. Maybe you could be the next Inafune if you put your mind to it and you'll have a kickstarter backed game. I do vaguely recall you showing me your custom artwork/spritework and some custom music and remember being impressed by it. You had it in your old college FTP. It was probably the first time I got inspiration from you to try to do it myself.

On another note I am curious to know what happened to JohnMorris as well as Tazz and Il Palazzo. Even people like PJK, Jimmer and AgentPrelude I still remember. Actually regarding PJK as much as I have had many altercations way back when with him I honestly hope he's doing well. I don't think he was even half as bad as many of us made him out to be. He just wanted us to act maturely and post responsibly. I think for a bunch of 16 - 19 year olds who just wanted to have a good time, I guess it seemed like it was way too much to ask of us. I'm in a different place now than I was then...... Probably similar to where he was when he started coming to the dungeon and wanted threads that had substance rather than the threads we all put out there. Though when you actually talked to PJK decently, you kinda knew he still had some things in common with many of us and wasn't much different.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 09:32:32 AM by Johnny »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2013, 01:39:44 PM »
You aren't a ghost! I've seen your pictures in that greek island!  :P

But you didn't see any date on them, did you?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2013, 01:41:48 PM »
But you didn't see any date on them, did you?

Good try, but saving them shows when they have been created, aka when they have been taken.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
JohnMorris

Man didn't he disappear like in 2005?

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2013, 02:54:29 PM »
Man didn't he disappear like in 2005?

A bunch of people did. I think most disappeared though after the Jesusvania Attack of 1999. People like Gaimphax, PJK, Azrail and Jimmer were long gone. A couple of people like JohnMorris and AgentPrelude hung around for a bit but yeah they disappeared in the mid 2000s. I had a couple of friends on the board who I haven't seen in a while. I only recall JohnMorris fairly well because out of everyone on the boards I was the closest with him, AgentPrelude, Darkmoon and Jorge at the time. Later on I became close with Tazz and IlPalazzo.

It is actually kind of funny how I first even found the dungeon. Jorge is actually how I found the dungeon in the first place. When I would do a search for Video Game Music, Jorge's name popped up all over the place and linked in with the dungeon. I remember seeing all of his music on VGMusic and other places and being really impressed. Jorge, Kurt and Darkmoon were the first 3 I started talking to also. Had many good conversations. Kurt and I really loved this game for Sega Master System called Zillion so we would talk about it a lot. Darkmoon and I would talk about game creation. Finally Jorge and I would talk about graphics, music and general Nintendo stuff. I could recall it like it was yesterday.

Heres the people I know of not even listed on the sites as forgotten members:

Gaimphax, VicRattlehead/Richter, Matt, Jimmer, Ratzuo, Jason6, and JohnMorris. There were many more than that but thats off the top of my head.

Also just found this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010322221748/http://pub18.ezboard.com/bthecastlevaniadungeon

You can check out what these forums were like in the past least what topics were created. I think I can see why also I was hated so much. I was more irritating than Will Ferrell in Bewitched. I tried way too hard to be funny and fit in. Ugh. I had better interactions with people on IM than I ever did in the forums. In the forums it seems I was the King of Derp for a while. Hopefully, that's not the case now. If people still feel that way ah well lol. Still I do believe I have become a different person in a way.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:55:28 PM by Johnny »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2013, 08:22:19 PM »
When did you leave the dungeon before coming back? I don't know if I'm familiar with your sig there Johnny.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: