Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?  (Read 105968 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 05:30:34 AM »
Some of CVC's word filters were done by yours truly ;) (mainly prunes and onions, that's what they were turned into, I'd always pick at Gunlord this way in good fun over the years. And he never once complained either.), any of his other phrases weren't touched by me other than these 2.

*remembers filtering Final Fantasy into Final Fight*

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »
Despite how things went down (and I don't have any kind of beef with them personally), I wouldn't mind knowing what Moonchilde and Midnighter are up to nowadays.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »
Middy's around, just not on forums, have him on Facebook as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
Yeah, middy-sama is my facebook friend too :D :D :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »
Aw, if I'd just waited a few weeks before starting back to posting maybe Paavo or some other cool cat would be asking "Whatever happened to that one girl, Larna or something?". Oh well.

Paavo, you old so-in-so, glad to see you're alive & presumably well.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2012, 10:42:20 PM »
I think at some point, after being friends with the same people for an extended period of time, it becomes more about the personal connection to the people rather than the game series that keeps you at a particular place. That's why we have off-topic forums after all; it doesn't ALWAYS have to be about Castlevania.

Kurt apparently didn't feel that way when he had the ezboard Dungeon, until a buncha folks flooded the Castlevania discussion board with posts about dick and poop jokes every day. B) Then the Off Topic board was considered a bit of a cesspit for a while... Eventually there was a locked threads forum titled "Stupid Crap"; it was considered an honor to push the boundaries so far to compel Kurt, Jorge, or pjk to move posts or threads there, "the Wall of Shame" it was known.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »
Kurt apparently didn't feel that way when he had the ezboard Dungeon, until a buncha folks flooded the Castlevania discussion board with posts about dick and poop jokes every day. B) Then the Off Topic board was considered a bit of a cesspit for a while... Eventually there was a locked threads forum titled "Stupid Crap"; it was considered an honor to push the boundaries so far to compel Kurt, Jorge, or pjk to move posts or threads there, "the Wall of Shame" it was known.

Those were simpler times.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2012, 02:21:03 AM »
Aye. Jorge now would never allow anybody to get away with a lot of what was done. :p All these fancy rules and stuff now. Things were pretty downright raunchy at times... Amazing how a "WARNING" label slapped on 18+ threads was considered enough on a board where kids (myself included) frequented.

Which is all very strange considering there was actually a profanity filter for some time; a really wonky one where you couldn't even type Yoshitaka Amano without it coming out all garbled.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2012, 08:44:33 AM »
Aye. Jorge now would never allow anybody to get away with a lot of what was done. :p All these fancy rules and stuff now. Things were pretty downright raunchy at times... Amazing how a "WARNING" label slapped on 18+ threads was considered enough on a board where kids (myself included) frequented.

Which is all very strange considering there was actually a profanity filter for some time; a really wonky one where you couldn't even type Yoshitaka Amano without it coming out all garbled.

lol I'd forgotten all about the "18+" section back in the day. I've been a dungeonite since I was 14/15 & I can assure you that I was already pretty familiar with vulgarity before ever coming here (as a lot of 14 year olds are, I'm sure).

What ever happened to "the abomination"? Pretty rad guy, loved talking to him on msn, laugh a minute. Also, greatest. MySpace. Page. Ever.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »
I don't know that we had an 18+ section, we just distinguished threads using a NSFW sort of tag before that existed. :p Half the topic list would have "WARNING" in the title. Glorious.

Not even sure I know/remember who that is. The people who've stuck with me are the ones I interacted with most, having AIM group chats with regularly. Mostly they ported over to ICVD where a few still remain, but things are pretty dead there these days.

And yeah, vulgarity comes quite naturally to young teens. I had a sort of "Castlevania online presence" before the boards what with my website, and after Eric Roman had seen me being all crude on this board, he confronts me in an email or PM all seriously, "DUDE, I'M CONCERNED FOR HOW BADLY THOSE PEOPLE ARE CHANGING YOU." No, actually, I was already this way, so... (And then he eventually became totally corrupted by the same people he warned me against, ha!)

I know I've seen your name here, I just can't think of who you are. D:
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2012, 09:43:23 AM »
I don't know that we had an 18+ section, we just distinguished threads using a NSFW sort of tag before that existed. :p Half the topic list would have "WARNING" in the title. Glorious.

Haha, yeah, that's what I meant.

I know I've seen your name here, I just can't think of who you are. D:

lol An oldie. Think there are some pics of me up on the old, original photo thread.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »
Ya should post some in the current thread; maybe it'll jog my memory.
o .o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
lol I'm working on it. I'm a bit self conscious over my rosacea (I discussed it in the "feeling closest to being a vampire" thread Freddy started), but I have the magic of concealer, so pics coming soon.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2012, 03:52:35 AM »
A person made a comment on a video that i have uploaded on my youtube channel and he told me that he used to be a member here and that he knew Jorge and some other people from here. His username was trevorbelmontxiii. So anyone remember him, because i don't, so i supposed that he must was an old forum member.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2012, 08:06:35 AM »
Ya should post some in the current thread; maybe it'll jog my memory.
o .o

You don't remember the pic of the blonde girl with the cigar in her mouth and a gun in her hand?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything