Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?  (Read 105970 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
I, uh...

Nope. o.o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »
You don't remember the pic of the blonde girl with the cigar in her mouth and a gun in her hand?

WTF?? Seems familiar...

@Laina: I didn't think you'd use what I said to put in your quote. I am honored  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
Despite how things went down (and I don't have any kind of beef with them personally), I wouldn't mind knowing what Moonchilde and Midnighter are up to nowadays.

Moonchilde had some serious issues. We never personally clashed, but I grew to have not too much respect for him, as, over time, it became more clear to me what he really was, so to speak. His entire forum was built upon drama and hate, and not really around, you know, a passion for Castlevania, and that's one of the main reasons he could never really get it off the ground.

Very hateful, bitter person who was a whirlwind of drama.

I never had too much to do with Midnighter, but he was freaking wacky, too, to the point where I'm surprised he wasn't a cartoon character, because he was so strange that he seemed unreal.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Oh man, I'm not sure I can say many good things about Timothy Purcell (or "TP" as he was known infamously at ICVD and some other stuff).
I recall it got so bad that mentioning "CVR" would get wordfiltered at the ICVD Forums.

He wasn't that bad at first.  It seemed as his demeanor deteriorated with time.  I recall he really got on my case when he sent me a pipe organ soundfont, and when I alerted him that it was out of tune (sometimes samples are detuned on purpose but other times it's just a beta or a bad job), he reaaaaally chewed me out about it.

And I'm not even gonna get into stuff he said online against me.

What ever happened to the Castlevania Repertoire, anyway? 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:28:33 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »
Haven't most non-Dungeon CV sites died out within the last few years? I remember way back when, during the dot com boom, there were masses of CV geocities pages. I actually attempted to try and compile some, but that went nowhere. There were some very interesting stuff there, like initial reactions to Chronicles, CotM, HoD, and Aria.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
Moonchilde had some serious issues. We never personally clashed, but I grew to have not too much respect for him, as, over time, it became more clear to me what he really was, so to speak. His entire forum was built upon drama and hate, and not really around, you know, a passion for Castlevania, and that's one of the main reasons he could never really get it off the ground.

Very hateful, bitter person who was a whirlwind of drama.

I never had too much to do with Midnighter, but he was freaking wacky, too, to the point where I'm surprised he wasn't a cartoon character, because he was so strange that he seemed unreal.

Amen. Being young & stupid once upon a time, I innocently accepted a request for him to be added to my AIM friends list & we chatted some. I quickly learned what a bitter, conniving, pathetic tempest of pure drama he was. I would've felt sorry for him being such a sad-sack & all, but he did such a good job of feeling sorry for himself I figured my services weren't needed.

WTF?? Seems familiar...

@Laina: I didn't think you'd use what I said to put in your quote. I am honored  :)

1. Haha, yeah, I used to smoke like a train in my late teens, then around 21 I graduated to cigars (I've quit all together upon turning 23, allergies severely worsened). Anyway, I was cleaning a gun when my cousin took a pic & I actually liked it, so there ya go. Looking back on it, it's quite silly, but meh, I'm not too keen on trying to take it down either. (Read: lazy)

2. It was just too damn good not to.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:58:47 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 09:32:15 PM »
I couldn't say anything bad about TP; I don't think we ever quarreled. We talked on AIM a lot and alls I really remember is him saying he's a "lazy goth": one who has the "spirit and characteristics" of a goth (whatever that means) but can't be bothered to dress up like a clown—I mean, goth. It made me lol because he was serial.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »
It made me lol because he was serial.

Everything about him should make one lol, endlessly. He was emo before it was a "thing".
Groove is in the heart.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »
Freak-kun, did you school him in what it takes to be a real goth?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2012, 04:11:42 AM »
It's been ages since we talked, but wipey-chan was never mean to me that I can recall...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
Dude had a really dark side to him. We probably all due to some degree, but he would be pretty outrageous. His was so bad that I think it outshone his redeeming qualities... at least for me. Like I said, I never fought with him, but he just couldn't let go or get over his hatred for certain people. Yes, hatred.  I'm not using the term lightly here. I was also aware of his other rabble-rousing goings on... and his constant drama, even if it wasn't aimed at me, was just tiring.

I think what eventually turned me completely off to him was when he was trying to discourage my efforts of making a Castlevania site and especially a forum. He kept telling me, "It's never going to work! It's never going to work! You're just going to drag over the same people and they're just going to go back where they came from. There are already too many sites as is. Don't do it! You're only going to fail."

Nowadays, I would never even pay attention to that type of thing, but back then when I was a green horn, I thought that he might be right. And that wasn't necessarily up-building. Thankfully, I believed that just because it didn't work for him didn't mean it wasn't going to work for me and I kept on doing my thing. And I know he was saying other negative things about the whole thing to other people. I can't remember what they were, but I remember being told about it.

That just showed to me how much of an insecure dude he was. My project was (and still is!) a completely innocent one meant as an expression of appreciation for Castlevania. I thought it was lame that he enthusiastically tried to discourage the whole thing and felt threatened by it. If he was to glean anything out of it, I would have hoped that it would have inspired him to get off his ass and do the things he said he was going to do for his site. His forum never even got a proper skin after I don't know how many years. Something like that would only take me about a week to do, and that's being really generous o___0
That's why his crap never worked. He was too busy and concerned with waging drama wars, both behind and in front of the scenes, both domestic and with other forums/sites, that there was no time or real desire to actually do what really matters... And drama is not going to build a lasting forum that stands on its own.

Anyway, my stuff got rolling and his Castlevania Repertoire - or whatever it was called in its final days - literally disappeared. I don't know if there was a connection there or if that was purely coincidental.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:54:57 AM by Successor The Cruel »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
+1
Nowadays, I would never even pay attention to that type of thing, but back then when I was a green horn

I thought you were a Green Lantern?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2012, 07:01:51 AM »
I was peace with TP during the CVR days.  It's too bad the site never got off the ground; loved the idea of a page dedicated exclusively to images and music by us fans. 

I miss Docpan.  Dude was THE MAN. 

Like Anapan, The Man Who Can. 

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »
Anapan...almost forgotten him. At the time when it was still active he had the largest collection of CV sprite-ripped resources and sounds I'd ever seen. Unfortunately his site was a little buggy, but that's geocities for you. I still have some of his stuff that he ripped sitting on my hard drive and that was immensely helpful in getting started in my sprite artwork. But I'm not worried about his site being non-operation anymore as there are several other great sprite sites that have picked up the mantle.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2013, 03:21:56 AM »
I think about Docpan all the time. What a douchebag for disappearing like he did. I still have that text file of great DP (donkeypunchdoublepenetrationdoctorpanca kez) quotes from AIM conversations.

2emmlFer o _O
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything