Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Summarize what happened in Castlevania Dungeon forums in 2020  (Read 5777 times)

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Go! I'm all ears.  :) I skipped 2020 here.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Summarize what happened in Castlevania Dungeon forums in 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 06:17:08 PM »
Not much regrettably. Even before COVID was happening things here were still minimal.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 03:45:25 AM »
Castlevania season 3 came out, discussions were had whether it sucks or not and why, and after those died out so did the overall activity on forums, sadly. That's all I really remember, honestly.
Gotta get away

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 07:20:44 AM »
Dick all.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 12:27:50 PM »
A bit of discussion of Curse of the Moon 2. Some acknowledgement of Wallachia and Carpathian Night. A few nods towards some fan games. Not much else. What we need is a new game in the main series or Bloodstained to really get the place going, and the Curse of the Moon games don't seem to be enough. It would be better if we had multiple games to discuss but...

Well, maybe forums just aren't as popular as they used to be.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 03:22:33 PM »
+2
Well, from what I've seen forums are mostly abandoned in favour of reddit and similiar comunities. And after all they thrive on passion of fandoms, and we here are fans of a seemingly dead franchise and we just keep getting blueballed by Kuntnami.
Gotta get away

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 12:22:23 AM »
"Meh... There's nothing to see here..."
-my opinion

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 01:15:44 AM »
+1
Well, from what I've seen forums are mostly abandoned in favour of reddit and similiar comunities. And after all they thrive on passion of fandoms, and we here are fans of a seemingly dead franchise and we just keep getting blueballed by Kuntnami.

I still think forums are the perfect form of communication. Reddit and especially social media are sloppy and keen on throwing information at you that you never wanted put in your head.

It's just a shame nobody else feels that way, lol. It's a dinosaur, but not all things outdated are necessarily obsolete.

And yeah, it doesn't help that this particular board deals with a franchise whose owner sees fit to do nothing about. Yay.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 09:30:11 AM »
Social media is always changing. Things such reddit and the like might be around for some time but won't last too long. I think in that regard chat forums have a longer lifespan. But it all depends on the people when you really get down to it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 10:41:37 AM »
I'll be with message-board forums 'til the end, but... I don't often find reasons to post.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 06:17:05 PM »
Find reasons. Always post. Even if it's to say your crotch needs to be aired out. I do!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 01:34:47 AM »
Nada, I just collected games, and in 2021 still do. 2020 was mostly a peaceful year at yon forum, hopefully 2021 is just as dull and boring when it comes to that here. Even some retrogame forums have quieted down, while some, like Atari Age, keep marching on, busy as a bee (since retro games are still hot, driving prices up on those old games, *grumble grumble*).

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 10:07:18 AM »
Supply and demand. Same ole thing.

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 09:23:25 PM »
So not a lot was going on. Has social media drained the traffic in general? I escaped back to BBS from social media.  :-[

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2021, 11:32:48 AM »
Sadly, not much to add to what people said before. There was not much of anything, chiefly because Konami keeps cock-blocking us effectively since 2009. We're all just nostalgic people trying to keep a dead franchise alive in our own way.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Tags:

anything