Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820960 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed- Castlevania: Mirror of Faith(fate?)
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03:50 PM »
+1
There are actually quite many 3DS 2D titles, and many are really good.

Indeed, Mighty Switch Force is one of 'em.
That Mutant Mudds game.
VVVVVV

People should really look at the videos in the 3DSware shop.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
Not more childish, than Dracula being reincarnated as some japanese dude...and his castle being sealed into solar eclipse by shinto priests...
But that is deep and complex storytelling. Which these baka gaijin westerners cannot possibly hope to comprehend and live up to!
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
+2
No truce then? I guess it only takes one person and the cycle begins all over again.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2012, 12:05:11 PM »
There are actually quite many 3DS 2D titles, and many are really good.

Indeed, Mighty Switch Force is one of 'em.
That Mutant Mudds game.
VVVVVV

People should really look at the videos in the 3DSware shop.

lets not forget Rayman Origins is supposed to be coming out for 3ds! great game

Offline kingu

• Dragon
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • You should have saying!
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »
+2
castledan, you made yourself look horrible with the juvenile flamebaiting and touting of the most tenuous, delusive aspects. "outdoor locations" and "whip swinging" are vague and meaningless.

wayforward please do something

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2012, 12:05:33 PM »
+1
I expect many pages of arguing prior to E3.
Just like with the "I knew it! Lords of Shadow" thread.  **sighs**
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »
That thread was cursed to have that thread title forever too.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »
No truce then? I guess it only takes one person and the cycle begins all over again.
I'm all for one, but it doesn't seem like everyone else is on board. So I just dont see the point in trying. I cant see fan rage just being truced.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2012, 12:08:04 PM »
Castlevania: Mirror of Faith... I'll say it like I did for LoS2. Screenshots, reviews, music samples and a videoclip or two just to see how it all mends together. If I don't like it after all that then I simply won't buy it. I'm not going to hold my breath and I will take this news with a grain of salt. I was seriously let down with LoS and I don't want to be disappointed AFTER I buy the games.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »
castledan, you made yourself look horrible with the juvenile flamebaiting and touting of the most tenuous, delusive aspects. "outdoor locations" and "whip swinging" are vague and meaningless.

wayforward please do something

I'll choose to ignore those comments as I spent my time defending what I was saying, and was merely implying people should keep an open mind before judging a game without seeing anything because everyone knows judging before seeing is the true juvenile thing to do....

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
I still dont understand how people DONT see the Castlevania in LoS. They are just blinded by their hatred of it.

on Cox lying: well, to be fair, he said there would be no QTE's, and there were.

also, the trailers used clever editing to make it seem like we would fight Dracula at the end. And instead, it turned out to be Satan, and we instead had the Belmont BECOME Dracula.

I'm sure that's what bothers more people, and what causes most of the fan rage. That the Belmonts were linked to the Draculas.

(even though Legends did it first)

personally, I can totally see the SC IV in LoS. The atmosphere in certain sections is definitely SC IV ish.

people also complain about the daytime areas, even though Daytime stages are nothing new to castlevania.

I just dont get it. people are entitled to their opinions, however bad taste they may be to me, but there is absolutely no reason to start a war in this topic. AT ALL. We know next to nothing about the game, and already we are complaining about who's making it. Which by the way, we dont know either. Cox is Konami, not MS. Granted it wouldnt surprise me if it was MS, and they seem most likely here, we still dont quite know that. Especially for the 3DS game here. Wayforward is definitely a valid guess.

also, another 2D 3DS game: Mighty Switchforce.

yep.

Stop this, please.
Some people can, some can't. I'm sure I can't see nothing that resembles Castlevania for at least the first third of the game, aside from the names.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »

It's gonna get better(worse) when the console sequel is shown.

Let the good times roll I guess.

Edit: Cotdamn I tried to post this 3 times.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »
+1
Hey guys.

http://whois.domaintools.com/castlevania-mirroroffate.net

Been registered since February.

Mirror of Fate is definitely the official title.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3ds )
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2012, 12:09:36 PM »
Well looky here folks!

http://whois.domaintools.com/castlevania-mirroroffate.net

Mirror of fate is the title

OSM beat me to the punch, I already changed the topic title!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2012, 12:09:58 PM »
+3
Thanks for the support, there's definitely a bias with some posters. They are fine with some IGA stupidity but not with some David Cox stupidity.
I already said i really liked Aria of sorrow for the most part but I agree with all the points you made.

All I was asking is for people to be fair about this, in the past few years castlevania in general has been getting more and more ridiculous. At least with this re-imagining we can get back to some basics .
Sumac isn't exactly the most rational member of this forum, just saying...

Tags: .....? 

anything