Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821307 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #345 on: May 21, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »
So... Hope? Guys?  :)

Provided the other rumors are true I'm pretty hype. If it is really a Dracula's Curse retelling, I hope they don't throw Grant under the bus like a certain unnamed pachinko game.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #346 on: May 21, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »
+2
IN another topic, speaking of Music, given that Araujo is an Orchestral Developer I'd love to be in line with something like this:
"Castlevania" by the National Symphony Orchestra at the Filene Center
That was a suite I've never heard before, and from a musical kind of point, I think it's the BEST

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kramgnauh

• Scared newbie...
    • Awards
« Reply #347 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »
+1
YEEEEEEEESSS!!! :D FINALLY!! Though, I just hope it's 2d sprites not the 3d sprites that is in the PSP of Dracula X. Not a big fan of it...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #348 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
I just want more things to do with the whip. I feel like they only scratched the surface with what they could do with it in LoS. Being able to swing across chasms, repel up walls, and even use it as a support to run across the surface of walls was pretty great and one of the best platforming moments of LoS. They made the whip not only your primary weapon, but also your greatest tool/asset.

Subweapons had much to be desired, I still miss my axes, boomerang crosses, and stopwatches.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #349 on: May 21, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
YEEEEEEEESSS!!! :D FINALLY!! Though, I just hope it's 2d sprites not the 3d sprites that is in the PSP of Dracula X. Not a big fan of it...

I believe it will be 3D polygonal from what the rumors say (3d sprites = misnomer, those would jsut be textures... unless you meant like Odin Sphere/Muramasa?  'cuz if it were like that I'd be ALL OVER IT).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #350 on: May 21, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
I just want more things to do with the whip. I feel like they only scratched the surface with what they could do with it in LoS. Being able to swing across chasms, repel up walls, and even use it as a support to run across the surface of walls was pretty great and one of the best platforming moments of LoS. They made the whip not only your primary weapon, but also your greatest tool/asset.

Subweapons had much to be desired, I still miss my axes, boomerang crosses, and stopwatches.

This reminds me of sequelits in a way. Did he not say show little drawing of the stick doing things with just the whip I recall that.

Still I agree with ya OSM more versatility. A spear,axe,or sword can only do so much that is why I believe they should be a sidearm.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #351 on: May 21, 2012, 05:37:11 PM »
IN another topic, speaking of Music, given that Araujo is an Orchestral Developer I'd love to be in line with something like this:
That was a suite I've never heard before, and from a musical kind of point, I think it's the BEST
that was a real nice listen to.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #352 on: May 21, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »
+1

(click to show/hide)

This is how it should be

Yeah, battle-wise, that's kind of what I was thinking.

Music-wise, however, I'm going to have to disagree. I know it's blasphemy, but I'm kind of done with the remixes of the "classic" songs. While catchy, they were limited by the amount of sound channels the NES possessed, which ultimately resulted in that simple, catchy, ringtone style. This sound just kept getting emulated as time went on.

It also doesn't help that they're not thematic at all. The music doesn't have to be theatrical and grandiose, but IMO, it needs to fit with the darker path the series has forged for itself.

I'd definitely go with something more like this:

Even then, I'd want them to stay out of the "happy" range. It just takes a bit of the "oomph" out of the environments when everything is so upbeat.

As far as this video goes, more 3:30, and less 1:40 and 4:10

I mean, there were a couple of great moments like that in LoS. Like the Carmilla fight:
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Carmilla Boss
At 9:50. Nice way to play with the NES Dracula music.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:41:56 PM by e105beta »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #353 on: May 21, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
Damn, that was amazing. The Iron Blue Intention and LoS segments gave me chills. That's the kind of music this new canon needs; melody and beat on a grander and richer scale.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: May 21, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
Yeah, battle-wise, that's kind of what I was thinking.

Music-wise, however, I'm going to have to disagree. I know it's blasphemy, but I'm kind of done with the remixes of the "classic" songs. While catchy, they were limited by the amount of sound channels the NES possessed, which ultimately resulted in that simple, catchy, ringtone style. This sound just kept getting emulated as time went on.

It also doesn't help that they're not thematic at all. The music doesn't have to be theatrical and grandiose, but IMO, it needs to fit with the darker path the series has forged for itself.

Wait so something like this e105beta if not then  :'(

Deforestation - Super Castlevania IV 'Forest of Monsters' cover by Thunder Thouin

Or

Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Gabriel's Theme (FAN-MADE!!!!!)

and this

Castlevania- The Vampire Killer (Inspired by Lords of Shadow)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:44:09 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #355 on: May 21, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »
+2
The leaker is still leaking apparently.

He says that the press has already had their hands on it but are under NDA till E3. There is a whole castle to explore but the area's are level based like the old games but backtracking and exploration for new powerups is always a avalible.

So the castle is the setting and the map layout is like Order of Ecclesia. I dunno guy's it's starting to sound........good.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: May 21, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »
The leaker is still leaking apparently.

He says that the press has already had their hands on it but are under NDA till E3. There is a whole castle to explore but the area's are level based like the old games but backtracking and exploration for new powerups is always a avalible.

So the castle is the setting and the map layout is like Order of Ecclesia. I dunno guy's it's starting to sound........good.

Can I say my body is ready yet?
(click to show/hide)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:10 PM »

Can I say my body is ready yet?

eh, you know I must admit I disliked order the most out of the IGA games. Mainly because the environments were even more repetitive within each level. Sometimes just being a straight line till the end....

I also don't know how i feel about it if it's very basic ...I kinda love the metroidvania style and I'd miss it if it's gone for good....
Still excited to see a 2.5d from mercurysteam...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #359 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
Even then, I'd want them to stay out of the "happy" range. It just takes a bit of the "oomph" out of the environments when everything is so upbeat.

As far as this video goes, more 3:30, and less 1:40 and 4:10

LoS' best tracks are Waterfalls of Agharta, Theme of Belmont, and the main LoS theme which was pretty epic. we need more like that. Less the battle themes which I WILL admit, sounded a bit too fantasy movie. Needs less tuba, more strings, possibly more piano or organ. organ might stretch it a bit with them, honestly, but just lessen the tuba, as I notice those seem to be the tracks that get the most "LotR" response from people.

also, IMO, Iron Blue Intention is a pretty serious theme. It sounds heroic, but still dark and serious.

You cant tell me

this
Castlevania Bloodlines Music - Iron blue intention (Stage 4)

sounds "happy"

Also yeah, Carmilla's boss theme was a real fun nod to the Dracula boss theme.

well, in general, the sequel needs more tracks PERIOD- as that was one fault I felt with the game from the start. I wasnt a fan of how it used it's music as atmospheric pieces and therefore reused most tracks multiple times.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: .....? 

anything