Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania collection  (Read 149465 times)

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 06:30:31 AM »
+1
some of these collections are quite breathtaking. and its too bad that i wasnt on here more when the varda house ran into some hard times i sold a copy of drac X in pretty decent shape to a game store for like 30 bucks lol. sadly i do not have the sorts of things in this thread, and i am still damn jealous of those statues!
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 06:52:14 AM »
Got my LoI promo version! It was a lot rarer than the ten thousand CoD promos you could find on ebay.   

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »
+1
I e-mailed the seller about that card I posted about earlier, and I still haven't received a response. It's been a week, so I don't think I'll hear back.  :-\

I'm positive that card didn't come with Vampire Killer (because I'm assuming there would be some kind of info on it SOMEWHERE), but now I'm just curious where it came from to begin with.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
+2
My humble collection

I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Havatchu

• Beau Shion
  • Hunter in Training
  • Gaze Upon Me Hypocrite
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »
Nice ^

Question, why do people buy doubles of games? In case one stops working? I would only ever do that with a system, say my 10 plus year old PS2, hopefully I'll get a spare slim one in the future, just in case.
Reluctant fighting game, Mega Man/X, Dragon Quest, and Castlevania lifelong fan.

What do I do with all these Belmonts?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »
I think those double games are versions from different regions (PAL and US). 

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »
I think those double games are versions from different regions (PAL and US).
This, or limited editions.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »
Haven't posted anything new in a while. I just got settled into the house my girlfriend and I just bought, so I figured I'd take some more pics. Here's what I've picked up since last time:

Whew...finally collected all 6 of the Dracula II cards! I absolutely love these.

This is something I was surprised to see. Kinda wish I had a floppy drive just to see how bad this port really was.

I'd never seen a Haunted Castle manual like this one before...maybe the EU manual? It came with a branded card in German.

I also have the Megadrive Fan issue with Bloodlines featured on the cover. Was kind of excited to see this, until I realized the magazine only did a 2-page preview of the game. Bleh.

I just picked this one up from being custom framed, along with another poster and 2 arcade marquees. Aaaaand I'm never doing that again...they look really nice, but it costs WAY too much. Next time I buy some posters, I think I'll just buy some pre-packaged frames and use some matting with it, or something.

The other poster. I kind of doubt its authenticity, though, because the seller re-listed another one immediately after I bought this one, and it was in perfect condition, too. Oh well. It at least looks cool hanging in the basement if nothing else.

Here are the two marquees that were also framed, along with some flyers I had. The previous owner of the Haunted Castle marquee cut the top of it pretty badly...probably to fit it in another machine. Can't really tell with the framing, though.

(BTW, how's that for ugly wall paneling? It's a big square near the closet in the basement. It was so trippy-looking and weird that I had to keep it. The vomit-red shag carpet had to go, though.)

More to come...

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 01:07:12 AM »
The Haunted Castle operator's manual looks like the one on this page: http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals/manuals_videogame.php. Game had both an instruction manual and an operator's manual. The latter being in Japanese and English so it was probably shipped all over the world. What does the small sticker at the bottom say (is it the German card you mention)?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 03:18:25 AM »
The card says, "Auf der Suche nach Dracula in einem verhexten schloss"

I had to laugh when I used google translate for this, just because of its simplicity. Translates to, "In Search of Dracula in a haunted castle." Kinda surprised I didn't check that out previously.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 08:15:11 AM »
+1
Well, that's the very essence of Castlevania, you can't go wrong lol

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 08:09:54 PM »
Not my entire collection of course, but my most recent acquisition! Harmony of Dissonance mint and sealed. The pictures are kinda' blurry, unfortunately.

I've been playing through the game again on my loose cartridge to celebrate!
Next up, Belmont's Revenge mint and sealed : D

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 08:32:39 PM by Successor The Cruel »

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »
Not my entire collection of course, but my most recent acquisition! Harmony of Dissonance mint and sealed. The pictures are kinda' blurry, unfortunately.

I've been playing through the game again on my loose cartridge to celebrate!
Next up, Belmont's Revenge mint and sealed : D

That is great stuff. I've never seen the actual packaging for HoD. The white and blue overall color scheme is done tastefully along with the trio of characters.

Offline Belmondo_Trevor4679

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 06:12:57 AM »

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »
Wow, I am so envious of all these fantastic collections..I hope one day I can have A collection as great as most of these.  ;D
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG