Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981339 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3465 on: July 15, 2018, 01:55:29 AM »
Was grinding Dullaheads near the first save point... Thought I saw the ferryman.
Nah it was Zangetsu.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3466 on: July 18, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »
so they said release date is soon, perhaps TGS?

oh wait http://www.gamescom.global/home/index-2.php

gamescom is in august

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #3467 on: July 31, 2018, 04:06:48 PM »
New update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2246691?ref=backer_project_update

So they will reveal release date in next develop update... Hope it won't be another thousand years of waiting, since they already driven those who has less SAN capacity values insane (I've seen lots of friends express their disappointment about the whole project and such)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:27:15 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3468 on: July 31, 2018, 06:36:20 PM »
New update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2246691?ref=backer_project_update

So they will reveal release date in next develop update... Hope it won't be another thousand years of waiting, since they already driven those who has less SAN capacity values insane (I've seen lots of friends express their disappointment about the whole project and such)

LOOOOL chibi Miriam pushing Crate Boss is hilarious since the wall meat art. xD

well I think the release date could be 2018.  even if its 2019, that isn't as bad compared to how much Square Enix made people wait for the next FF remake and other AAA projects.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3469 on: August 01, 2018, 08:48:29 AM »
okey okey now we talking release date in next update finally so hope it will be out this year not next year plzzz I looking forward finally do a date;)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3470 on: August 01, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »
Considering the amount of work they have to do, i would be surprised to see a 2018 release date. The most logical release date would be early 2019.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3471 on: August 01, 2018, 06:09:58 PM »
we dont even know how much content they completed.

a 2019 date would only be pushed if they plan to include all the stretch goals modes and content within the base game. 

yea they know the game is not definitive unless it includes all the stretch goals instead of adding them as patches/DLC later.

and its an offline SP game first and foremost and not everyone has internet to get all the content, though I think later they could launch a new definitive edition with all the DLCs and stretch goals included in the game.

a lot of people just wanna play the core campaign already overall. I think they can get that completed and launched in 2018.

this game doesnt require as much work compared to games like Code Vein.  its practically like putting legos together lol j/k.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3472 on: August 02, 2018, 12:20:14 AM »
+1
I really don't think a release date this year is possible, though there's always the chance they may pull off a miracle. But as others said, considering the sheer amount of work they have to do, first half of 2019 seems likely. It'll be disappointing for a lot of folks, but better than releasing a very buggy game. But like they say, I also wouldn't make a solid bet until the team has actually said something.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3473 on: August 03, 2018, 03:39:04 AM »
2019 release is ok for me, just don't release it in the same window as KH3 (and maybe the second season stuff of FFXV).
I want a fully playable game and not a buggy release that requires a massive day one patch.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3474 on: August 03, 2018, 08:39:13 AM »
the backer demo looks polished and ready as is.  it has rare glitches, but nothing they can't polish in a month.

look at how much years Diablo III took and its PC launch was still a disaster even at the balancing level.

also they already have years developing this game.   and they are using UE4, progress is more streamlined than other engines.
 and it's not like they are developing an ARK Survival Evolved.

even Fortnite battle royale launched with issues that werent completely ironed out until months later, and its the best selling game this year.

people expecting Bloodstained ROTN pushed to 2019 to be perfect are setting the bar too high. it doesnt matter how much time they develop it,
 there will be nitpickers waiting to chew it up and underrate it.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3475 on: August 03, 2018, 11:57:50 AM »
and to add to that, i doubt there will be a physical release from the start, so pushing the release back dnf style won't do much except screw up with people's expectations.

it'll probably be a digital release at first with bugfixes, patches and dlc as it's completed, and once all that is finished, fixed and ready, then they will release the completed version in physical form, which will probably come in 2019 to 2020. wouldn't make sense to release physical as soon as they're done, and then while digital backers get to play first, physical backers wait for days, even weeks for their copy to arrive just to get day one patches which defeats the purpose of physical copy being independent from internet. sending a second, complete phys copy once it's all finished would make even less sense from financial perspective.

digital to play as it comes out not to be left out, physical for collection and future when/if the console online stores ever go offline as part of planned obsolescence. there's no actual difference between phys and digital gameplay wise except maybe longer loading times for physical.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3476 on: August 04, 2018, 07:46:27 PM »
and to add to that, i doubt there will be a physical release from the start, so pushing the release back dnf style won't do much except screw up with people's expectations.

it'll probably be a digital release at first with bugfixes, patches and dlc as it's completed, and once all that is finished, fixed and ready, then they will release the completed version in physical form, which will probably come in 2019 to 2020. wouldn't make sense to release physical as soon as they're done, and then while digital backers get to play first, physical backers wait for days, even weeks for their copy to arrive just to get day one patches which defeats the purpose of physical copy being independent from internet. sending a second, complete phys copy once it's all finished would make even less sense from financial perspective.

digital to play as it comes out not to be left out, physical for collection and future when/if the console online stores ever go offline as part of planned obsolescence. there's no actual difference between phys and digital gameplay wise except maybe longer loading times for physical.

No Man's Sky is still garbage but its insane how mainstream give it another chance due to the update it got like how long after its intial launch?  and despite its bad reputation and shady business, it now has spiked interest and more buying it, which is ridiculous.

but anyways the point is, they could release the core game of Bloodstained ROTN campaign, then add more to it over time with patches/DLC etc. to rekindle interest long after the game has launched.

so I think from a business standpoint, ROTN devs may resort to staggered content release style, especially considering interest in the game is waning and people just wanna play the story campaign already.   especially in these days, DLC and add ons and patches are common, so people are likely to get more interested in the game and could get a larger fanbase if it gets updated and new modes/content from the stretch goals over time.

and yea, even Friday the 13th the game launched digital, then this year got a physical release.

nothing wrong with Bloodstained ROTN getting milked, a lot of prosperous companies do those things and a lot of people buy into those sort of business models.

PC patching and post launch content culture has spilled onto consoles, so expecting full content definitive version games day 1 is really not that common overall.   

sure a lot would like the full game with all the stretch goals include, but they could release a later edition like MK does with all the DLC addons they add through the months.  people double dip in game editions a lot, especially if its from a favorite IP.

well yea they could push it to later, though that could affect morale.  Im not sure how Code Vein will be received after its been delayed, well it could do better, but I dunno about Bloodstained ROTN.   

the devs have the backers to think of too.  a lot of them want to play the full game while they are still breathing.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3477 on: August 05, 2018, 07:28:24 AM »
in code vein's case it may be to refine gameplay people complain about being floaty, lacking impact, slow or whatever other things they speak of. that's something bad first impressions would ruin unlike additional content like boss mode or procedurally generated dungeons bloodstained will get. as long as iga's team can get the main campaign completed, the first impressions should be favorable as shantae's were.

in no man's sky case you're probably basing that on video game journalism, which is a corrupt industry designed to shape opinions of those who read it based on how well they're paid by corporations to advertise and give favorable or unfavorable opinions and ratings to things they're ordered to. as far as i remember sony is tied to nms. the game itself may be just as sucky as it was originally, but the journos were paid money to re-sell it to the mass audience, so they will try.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 07:38:38 AM by Long John Silver »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3478 on: August 05, 2018, 05:55:53 PM »
in code vein's case it may be to refine gameplay people complain about being floaty, lacking impact, slow or whatever other things they speak of. that's something bad first impressions would ruin unlike additional content like boss mode or procedurally generated dungeons bloodstained will get. as long as iga's team can get the main campaign completed, the first impressions should be favorable as shantae's were.

in no man's sky case you're probably basing that on video game journalism, which is a corrupt industry designed to shape opinions of those who read it based on how well they're paid by corporations to advertise and give favorable or unfavorable opinions and ratings to things they're ordered to. as far as i remember sony is tied to nms. the game itself may be just as sucky as it was originally, but the journos were paid money to re-sell it to the mass audience, so they will try.

yea that is really corrupt on their part.    its pathetic Sony would shill for those developers, when Siren 2 deserves a promotion and localization in north america and port on PS4.   Sony gave up too fast on that IP.  and Blood Curse is a disgrace white washing most of the cast and twisting it into some western glorification game, it was originally all about japanese people in a japanese place, but they replaced most of the characters with "tourists" or some news crew from outside Japan.   they aren't even asian!   especially with how there's not enough realistic representation of japanese people in japanese games (and games in general), its messed up how these generations both east and west are mostly glorifying european and western people and regions instead of Japanese and other asian places.

the only pure japanese game I can think of thats coming out this year is Disaster Report 4, a natural disaster simulation game, that's it! 
and if they aren't doing some anime thing, they are making realistic games based on american characters.  its so degrading and insulting to the japanese civilization.

but yea anyways thats another subject, but yea, I dunno which side the media is on with the whole Bloodstained ROTN stuff.

I dunno if the publisher will get Game informer and other things on their side.   DBFZ got a front page cover story on GI (I think Bloodborne did too?)
so should Bloodstained.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3479 on: August 05, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
from what i understand, they usually don't want to do historical or realistic pieces (instead going for animu or fantasy) because (at least according to some chinese people) they want more fantasy based settings. too tired of realism and the daily grind that comes with it, they want their escapism to be an actual escape from their hard lives into the realms of wonder, not another attempt to ground and limit them. as a result, realistic games don't sell that well in asia.

doesn't help that western like realism is expensive and time consuming to do, and their gaming studios don't get hollywood tier money thrown at them unlike usa or europe. games are still seen as toys for kids, and those don't receive a lot of finances, with most money and work going into mobile market these days.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:07:01 AM by Long John Silver »

Tags:

anything