Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Good grief, SOPA's back again?  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 10:55:35 PM »
With how much American government kisses corporate ass and the frightening power the big-business CEOs hold, it's a fair assumption that the country's long since been bought.

That's not a conspiracy, that's politics. Whoever has more money and power is in control. In fact, according to the great political scientist Schumpeter, that is the meaning of representative democracy:

For Schumpeter voters should first elect their representatives and the representatives themselves would choose what they think the best policy is. The representatives would compete for the votes of the voters like firms compete for customers. Thus Schumpeter likens Democracy to a free market mechanism where parties (firms) have to offer to electorate (the customers) the best policy in order to win their votes. The voters are free to decide on their representatives and they can be demanding. If parties fail to deliver they would lose votes on the next elections. So we arrive at Schumpeter's definition of Democracy: "And we define: the democratic method is that institutional arrangement for arriving at political
decisions in which individuals acquire the power to decide by means of a
competitive struggle for the people’s vote." (Schumpeter 2003:269).

Now the problem with America is that the majoritarian election system created a two-party system in which voters have only two reasonable choices, which is complete bulls**t of course. A third party stands no chance in that system.
As for Corporate bailouts, that's more a question of economy than politics (though the two are interconnected) but the recent economic crisis presented situations in which the US government bailed some companies out and others when it let them go bankrupt. It's a difficult argument when you try to separate economy from politics (practically impossible).
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 12:47:53 AM »
I think modern times and all that's going on should be enough to re-evaluate what is a conspiracy theory and what is thinking that you may disregard as crap because of an attitude which you can't fully say originated from your own, fairly unaffected deductions.

There exists a number of crackpot ramblings. For example; that lizard men are stealthily taking over the world. But then there are reasonable ones that to some people, still get labeled as make-believe conspiracy nonsense. JFK and 9/11 are good American examples.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:51:15 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 03:02:46 AM »
Wow... this is random... but.... Lizardmen are stealthily taking over the world. That's the plot of Vindictus, the MMO. I shit you not.

Politics is a load a ass crap. I don't know what I want to happen, but I want something to happen. I almost want them dead, but at the same time, it feels extreme.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »
Well, it's happening alright.

Facebooks Mark Zuckerberg is an Alien!
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 04:17:11 AM »
I almost want them dead, but at the same time, it feels extreme.

Wanting them dead is simply a quick mental picture relief and a distancing from thinking about all that for a second. A creative pause, if you will. Doing something to get them dead is when it gets extreme.

Killing politicians is like stomping on cockroaches. It may feel like you're doing something useful, but the reality is your house is infested with them and another will show up in no time.

I think that there are people who become politicians for the primary motivation of doing good and putting in an effort to genuinely maintain and better society. Most of these people get ruined by the game the scavengers and rodents wearing suits play. The ones who don't mostly have their efforts and presence trivialized or ignored.

But this has always been the case. Only thing changing is the world around these people. I like to think it means more people get more aware of what's going on.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 05:10:52 AM »
There are some people who mean well when they are not with power, but give them power, then they turn into the same guys they hated before.

The power of the majority might not be enough to persuade evil people in power. Sheeple can be swayed.

Awareness will only work with a few because those in power will always try to maintain status quo.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 07:56:54 AM »
Awareness will only work with a few because those in power will always try to maintain status quo.

That is why there needs to be more.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 07:23:46 PM »
I didn't say it was a conspiracy, Freddy. I was defending X's post context from your accusations of it being so.

"Freedom" or awareness. Take your pick. This system's a crock regardless.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 08:06:08 PM »
I prefer freedom, if they want awareness they should choose other surveillance ways, not intrusive ones that involve internet, cellphones and cable boxes.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 11:01:12 PM »
I prefer freedom, if they want awareness they should choose other surveillance ways, not intrusive ones that involve internet, cellphones and cable boxes.

You also forgot about the XBOX 180.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 05:42:07 AM »
"You are free to do something when nobody intentionally prevents you from doing it."

Classic liberal definition of freedom. Learned it in a contemporary philosophy course.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:43:58 AM by Mooning Freddy »
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »
+2
What they should choose is to fuckin' follow the laws, like they expect other people to.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »
+1
What they should choose is to fuckin' follow the laws, like they expect other people to.

^THIS^
Thats what I try to say, they try to enforce law on us but dont even follow them. We cant put cameras inside the White House and watch them for example. They are normal people like us, so they are suspect too (Im not pointing fingers, they are).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: