Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Variant Play Arts Kai Batman Figurine by Tetsuya Nomura  (Read 2199 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Variant Play Arts Kai Batman Figurine by Tetsuya Nomura
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:19:02 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/23/square-enixs-tetsuya-nomura-designed-batman-figurine/
Surprisingly, no gratuitous belts & zippers to be found here. :P
In all seriousness though, on one hand I do admit that it looks pretty rad, but on the other hand I still get that "what the heck am I looking at?" feeling.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Variant Play Arts Kai Batman Figurine by Tetsuya Nomura
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:59:18 PM »
I think it's the wings behind his cape and the overly-extended ears that give this toy a 'WTF am I looking at' vibe. But other then that it's impressive armor.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 01:59:06 AM »
I think it looks like a crossover between Batman, a FF or a KH boss, and a Kamen Rider.
It still is impressive though.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 01:44:50 AM »
I think it's pretty cool, though I bet Batman's normal espionage ain't gonna work in this monster outfit. He'd be better hanging out with Ryu Hayabusa and Joe Musashi and just bursting through the front and kicking ass.

I'd like to see Nomura's take on the Batman universe, maybe in a short. Who knows? Might be cool.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 10:15:42 AM »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags:

anything