Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Onimusha General  (Read 2997 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: December 10, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »

Since there was a small discussion about it in the Next Gen thread, I felt it appropriate to spawn a new thread to dedicate a little love to Capcom's lesser known (though I doubt lesser loved!) Survival Horror Action game, Onimusha!

Speculations on future titles, fanart, fan theories, interpretations and reactions of previous titles, etc.

Just for context with the previous discussion to be continued on in this thread:

An interesting rumor I found for stuff on the next-gen consoles.

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with-first-party-hardware-and-third-party-softwear-next-gen/

-A sequel to Onimusha from Ninja Theory

Apparently the one who started this rumor said things right before about Castlevania and Kingdom Hearts.

This is too good to be true.

No freaking way.... If this is true....

This series has soul the music incredible , action awesome

This is perhaps my favorite song in the series

Truth of Edge - Saiga Magoichi's Theme

But would NT keep the tradition of using a famous actor I am not going to get my hopes up.

I was thinking earlier this year that Capcom should do something with that Onimusha IP they've been sitting on. Though with how NT is handling the DMC series, I'm hesitant to be jumping for joy.

But as Neobelmont pointed out, I think one of the hallmarks for the series is having the main protag based off a real actor. And in that case, I wonder if they'll get Kaneshiro to reprise his role or get someone new (like Todanobu Asano). Will they skip over the traditional Japanese lore and make it more western? In present times? There's too much there for them to screw up, so again, hesitant to jump for joy (especially since these are just rumors).

Monster Hunter I think has been confirmed for Wii U and 3DS with crossplay support (expansion of Tri http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3_Ultimate). With Monster Hunter 4 coming out for 3DS. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_4

I'm pretty excited for the Tri expansions for 3DS and Wii U and will definitely be picking those up.

For yagyu Jubei I recall capcom using Yusaku Matsuda but he died before all of this so I say that for the next game bring in

Toshiro Mifune(RIP as well) that would cause quite a stir and he should be none other than miyamoto musashi  :)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
HO HO HO isn't there an Onimusha fighting game that has MegaMan as a guest character?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
HO HO HO isn't there an Onimusha fighting game that has MegaMan as a guest character?

yes onimusha blade warriors and zero is in it as well
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:26:47 AM »
Was Blade Warriors any good? I considered picking it up when it first came out but could never tell if it would be worth my time/money...

Offline Ialdabaoth

• Hunter in Training
  • Struggling Sprite Comic Maker
    • Awards
Re: Onimusha General
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 07:59:11 AM »
That kinda depends on what you're expecting from it...

It's no Smash Bros but it can be fun as long as you don't expect a total masterpiece.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »
I actually expected it to be a crapfest, so if it's better than that, I may have to add it to my list of games I need to pick up in the future.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
I actually expected it to be a crapfest, so if it's better than that, I may have to add it to my list of games I need to pick up in the future.

It really is not that bad in fact I recall having a blast with it, it was my first onimusha game since I was to young to get the others but I remember my dad getting 3 for me later on during that day.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P