Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime are you currently watching....  (Read 140266 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What anime are you currently watching....
« Reply #345 on: September 22, 2023, 10:25:05 PM »
Watched the new Bastard on Netflix. Really liked it up until the last 5 episodes or so, as it just got tedious, and they introduced some wonky CGI animation, and I say fuck that shit completely. Looking forward to season 2, though. Surprised the twittards haven't discovered it yet, because hoo boy does this have a lot of questionable content, and I'm here for it.

I tried to watch it for a while, and the first episodes seemed interesting, but it got a bit too formulaic over time.

Just watched all of DBZ Abridged again recently. My brother-in-law died a year ago, and I remember him introducing me to it, so I think that's what brought me back to it. The Cell Saga is hilarious. I also like how, despite being a parody, they made a few of the dramatic scenes carry even more weight. Gohan going SSJ2 in particular. I just wished they would've done the Buu Saga and completed the entire series. I guess I could still watch their dubs of the movies, but, ugh, it's hard to get into the movies.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline nokundhi

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2023, 09:43:00 PM »
+1
Coming from the movies I disliked the Patlabor series at first, but it's grown on me and become my favorite iteration as well. It also made me a little more critical of the movies, especially how they handled the characters, and the way they had less and less to do with SV2 as they went on.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #347 on: December 23, 2023, 02:03:38 PM »
Mahou Shoujo Destroyers.  Love the concept, the treatment, and what it’s trying to say, but the animation budget swings wildly as to botch my regard for it as my Anime of 2023. :/ 

Good soundtrack, too.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #348 on: December 24, 2023, 10:40:12 PM »
the ultraman from 1979

where he had weird sidekick kaijus for some reason
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 10:42:06 PM by redrum »

Tags:

anything