Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami's Tokyo Game Show Site Open  (Read 20029 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2011, 08:21:07 AM »
Cox says a lot of things. Many not true.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:31 AM »
+1
COX said [MercurySteam] wanted to pay homage to the classic games, but they didn't want to be a slave to them. Which is why they chose to copy Shadow of the Collosus instead(?)

Wasn't he talking about the story? But yeah, we want to make to pay homage to old castlevania games but don't want to be enslaved to them

so we made it totally different lol     

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 09:38:29 AM »
+1
So different it's pretty much unrecognizable as a Castlevania game except "Ooo, vampires!"

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Could there be any chance that Konami will add more to that line-up list, or do you think this is all they'll be presenting? I know surprises can happen, but it looks unlikely. Usually they'd want to tease the hell out of something like that.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2011, 10:10:25 AM »
+1
So different it's pretty much unrecognizable as a Castlevania game except "Ooo, vampires!"

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Could there be any chance that Konami will add more to that line-up list, or do you think this is all they'll be presenting? I know surprises can happen, but it looks unlikely. Usually they'd want to tease the hell out of something like that.

And vamps alone do not a CV game make... there's the atmosphere, gameplay, etc. which was completely foregone in favor of catering to the masses.

I too would wager that we're not going to see much of anything, unless they're keeping something under wraps, but I really, really doubt that. And like someone said earlier, yeah, they are definitely going to put effort into the 25th anniversary of MGS, so it wouldn't surprise me if they ignored CV entirely.

with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »
So that would mean that they pretty much lied about having a 25th Anniversary tribute to Castlevania, based on them saying a month ago that they were going to have something.

You think they're stupid enough to blatantly lie outright?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
SURVEY SAYS

Yes.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 10:59:22 AM »
SURVEY SAYS

Yes.

Number-one answer.

*clapping from audience*
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2011, 11:10:06 AM »
You think they're stupid enough to blatantly lie outright?

A few factors are at play here.

1) The credibility of Jorge Bocanegra; (Rely On Horror's Castlevania columnist who wrote the article)
Do we take this report at face value? It is the only report of it's kind thus far. No sources named, nothing verifiable. Does he have a history of making things up at all?

2) David Cox, perhaps unintentionally, backs this story up;
He said "I'm not working on the anniversary project". He did NOT say that he doesn't know, no comment, or that it does not exist. Then again, Cox isn't always truthful. Grain of salt here.

3) Konami outright denies to comment on it officially;
If it exists, then this was an unintentional leak of information. This could explain Konami's unwillingness to comment, and why thus far has been silent on announcing it.

4) The credibility of the unnamed source who mentioned it;
It wouldn't be the first time a representative of a game company has lied, or jumped the gun. He is unnamed, and therefor unverifiable. See also point #1.

It really could go either way. It mostly hinges on point #1 to be honest, since Cox is unreliable in all senses.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2011, 11:15:54 AM »
I think were all jumping the gun saying there absolutey nothing in the works with there still being a possibility of a TGS announcement. I'm a little skeptical about as most of us are but when I hear people say it absolutely won't happen I'm alittle surprised people aren't holding out a little bit longer.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 11:21:24 AM »
What do they mean with "line-up", exactly? Does it refer to all the games from that are shown during TGS? Does that also include new announcements? Because if annoucements are not part of the line-up then I'll guess we could hope for something after all.

n-not that I want to give you guys false hope or anything but you never know

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 11:35:37 AM »
What do they mean with "line-up", exactly? Does it refer to all the games from that are shown during TGS? Does that also include new announcements? Because if annoucements are not part of the line-up then I'll guess we could hope for something after all.

n-not that I want to give you guys false hope or anything but you never know

Finally someone with the common sense.
It's possible that they will announce something, but it will not be shown. If all this small information slips about CV Anniversary project are true, it's the most likely outcome. If they not announce anything, well, then it will be really late anniversary or there will not be any special project at all.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
Wow, we agree on something. Awesome.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »
*sigh*
BLEH BLEH COX IS A TROLL!!!

People have a tendacy to forget that there were 5 SoTN clones, and the last game IGA done accually advanced the engine just a tad...

I don't Care about Cox, you fucking forget that its mostly Kojima's doing since the Producers have more dictation than the Director, Remember that!

Please Learn a little about business production before bashing the director, a lil 101 on film would fill you in on the important stuff.

If Cox did it the way Cox wanted to, We'll have a 3D Simon's Quest.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2011, 03:00:36 PM »
Producers have more dictation than the Director, Remember that!

No. Producers are the "this is our schedule" and "this is our budget" people.

Please Learn a little about business production before bashing the director, a lil 101 on film would fill you in on the important stuff.

Games are not films. I think you are the one that needs to do the learning before trying to correct people.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »
I realized that if you stop trying to categorize LoS as a true, traditional Castlevania title and view it as "Castlevania:The Movie:The Game," it becomes a lot more easier to enjoy :D

and lets face it, Hollywood probably would've done a much worse job at adapting Castlevania than MercurySteam

Tags: And guess what?