Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nintendo DSi  (Read 9407 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:07:25 PM »

Link

Bigger screens? Cool. Cutting out the GBA slot? Not a problem for me (but what about the games that use the slot for peripherals, like Guitar Hero?). 3 megapixel camera? Kinda cool, I guess. Audio enhancements? Definitely a plus (better speakers I'm guessing).

Excited to see where this is headed.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:15:40 PM »
More info as I find it

HOLY SHIT SON, downloadable games, though this article only mentions DSWare. Hoping for a Virtual Console-type service (Virtual Handheld? Virtual Portable?) with Game Boy/Color/Advance games, and perhaps more if other companies are interested in allowing their handheld systems.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:24:09 PM »
Also, both screens are apparently touch screens, whatever purpose that has.

I'm wondering with the SD slot, if that means you can transfer Virtual Console games from your Wii to play on-the-go or just on a handheld if you like. Hmm...

Also, built-in web browser and internal memory. And...pedometer? lulz. Never heard of one before, so I looked it up, but still... Pedo-meter, gwarf arf hwaaaa.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Taeaekkae

• CoilNovaImpale
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Nintendo DSi
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »
Hmm... Maybe I should invest in this rather than buying new NDS lite. My current NDS lite has busted L and R buttons.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 10:36:26 PM »
I'm happy enough with my new DS Lite, I still have GBA games I'd love to play (though I still own a GBA for this and my old Game Boy titles), just got the DS a few weeks ago.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 10:39:13 PM »
My DSLite is also very screwed! An insane shitzu got ahold of it, the R button is chewed off the top screen stays white, a giant scratch on the touch screen and bite marks on the front

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 10:46:03 PM »
My DS broke, so I sold it.

Now, do I buy a lite for OoE or do I wait for this!?
I just want to know a time frame for when this'll be released. I really like the SD slot and downloadable stuff.

I bet this is why nintendo doesn't have Gameboy, Color, and Advanced titles on the Virtual Console, they'll probably be downloadable for this
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »
Japanese release is November, other regions not until 2009.

The DS Lite will likely see a price drop real soon.

Also, I'm hearing the DSi is higher res in addition to having larger screens, so that coupled with the dual touch screens must mean there will be DSi games that won't play on the regular DS.

If you go here, and click the lower rightmost tab that says "DS Lite", you get an interactive comparison of the Lite and DSi.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 12:10:06 AM »
Also, major lulz at this post I saw at another board:

Holy crap, if the dual touch screen thing is true, you know what that means?

ONLINE BATTLESHIP DS
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 12:16:34 AM »
ALSO WTF SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2 ANNOUNCED FOR WII OH GOD I LOVE YOU NINTENDO AND TREASURE SO MUCH

This should be changed to like the all-around Nintendo conference thread or something. Oh man, I'm excited. Best news ever. S&P2!!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Nintendo DSi
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 12:30:17 AM »
The hell is this.

So not worth it.

Cameras arent 3MP apparently that was a typo by Wired.
Not dual touchscreen.
Same resolution screens.

You're paying $180 for 2 low quality cameras and slightly bigger screens with the same resolution.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:32:13 AM by bobby digital »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 12:38:21 AM »
Bigger screens is awesome no matter how you look at it. :o Even if it's the same resolution.

Anyway, interested to see how this all unravels and what all the straight facts are. Mostly interested in the larger screens and WiiWare/Virtual Console-type services.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 02:18:55 AM »
I find the new DSi Disappointing. It doesn't tell if it is region free, but here are the specifications for it.

Ruler of Chaos

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 07:48:28 AM »
The "larger screens" are barely noticeable --and taking away the Advance slot is an insult to any hardcore gamer.  Who the Hell wants to pay to download the games the bought just a couple years ago? The other bells and whistles are just petty taunts to the PSP.  Who the F^ck needs a camera on their DS anyway?  The downloadable content and virtual console connections may make the system a decent investment in the long run, but I'd sooner buy a DS Lite.  Sad.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »
Also just heard that the "3 megapixel camera" thing was a typo, and it's actually .3 megapixels. My cell phone has 1.3 and it looks like shit. U R AWSUM NINTENDO. (Oh, but there's TWO cameras, making up for it!)

Still, downloadable games. Where's all the info on that already? DAMMIT! Whatever it is, I hope it can be implemented to the DS and DS Lite. It already has Wi-Fi, and Nintendo could just release a converter for an SD Card, like in the GBA or DS slot. Hell, maybe the homebrew crew will make it so I can play this downloadable stuff using my R4. :)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything