Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Raiden V: Director's Cut Coming to PS4 & Steam  (Read 3163 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Raiden V: Director's Cut Coming to PS4 & Steam
« on: May 26, 2017, 03:56:59 AM »

And so the XBONE gets shafted yet again. :V

BTW, to correct a little misinformation on the trailer: AFAIK from the original version the stages are determined strictly on a performance basis; i.e. you get on the higher-ranked stages the better you score, up to rank A on stage 2 and rank S on all the following stages.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Raiden V: Director's Cut Coming to PS4 & Steam
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »
So... the Xbox One got... XBONED!!!!!  ;D ;D :P :P  Someone please sucker punch me for that lame pun.

Anyways, will check this one out.  Played some Raiden IV on the PS3 and it's a fun game.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:50:43 AM »
Someone please sucker punch me for that lame pun.

Why bother? Microshaft did it to themselves when the system's strict security gimmicks were first announced. If anything they well deserve the sucker punching. And it looks like they're still receiving it.

I've only ever played Raiden on the arcade emulator. It is quite the ride  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 10:00:16 AM »
Yay. Raiden is definitely in my top 3 favourite shooter franchises.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:05:33 PM »

Soon, Soon.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »
But does it have any remixes of Gallantry?

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 03:04:30 AM »
Meh, for a system I don't own (but I do have Steam, but that's not a physical copy, otherwise I would've picked up the UM King of Fighters games as well, 98 and 02, the latter better balanced than the PS2 copy I have, original print, not update due to $$$$$$ price). I like the idea Raiden is still going, didn't really need a storyline (there's the bad guys, they did some bad shit, go blow them up is Raiden's mantra from the past), guess they have to cater to the kiddies spoiled on stories in games.

Keep it simple Moss, blow shit up, get points, grab medals, find the hidden fairy, make sure you get the homing bombs, the end. This game looks just like the last 2, so not sure why it's also not being made for PS3 as well, nothing really looks enhanced. This does remind me though, I need to eventually get Raiden IV off of PSN, I just wish the damned thing would've been released physically.

Raiden 3 on the other hand, what a disaster, half the game felt empty of enemies and enemy fire. Bought it, still own it, felt gypped.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:09:58 AM by Bloodreign »

Tags:

anything