Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056721 times)

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
  • Chillin' at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1365 on: December 11, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »
@VladCT: I'm back at the job but IIRC the right leg from the shin down is a teeny bit off, but its an easy fix. Select the foot from under to maybe 2 pixels up from where the ankle starts. Drag it over 1 pixel to the left and it should align properly with the knee, thigh, and hips joints. from there you can add or remove a pixel or 2 until you feel it looks just how you want it to.
If you're really serious about spriting, you gotta check out http://2dwillneverdie.com/. They've got some really informative and well thought out tutorials on how to do just about everything.

@Dracula9: Hell yeah! Thank you so much bro! I'm using your rips to help me put the tiles back together. I'm ripping all 3 instances tho, so i've still got much to do. Next I've gotta fix the palette. once it's done, I'll post here - THEN, submit it to the spriters resource. I'll be sure your name goes in the credits. This is what I've got so far. Any suggestions?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1366 on: December 12, 2014, 04:33:28 AM »
@VladCT: I'm back at the job but IIRC the right leg from the shin down is a teeny bit off, but its an easy fix. Select the foot from under to maybe 2 pixels up from where the ankle starts. Drag it over 1 pixel to the left and it should align properly with the knee, thigh, and hips joints. from there you can add or remove a pixel or 2 until you feel it looks just how you want it to.
You sure about that? From where I'm looking, the leg looks kinda bent now. I'll just attach the sprites for convenience this time, along with the previous version for comparison.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1367 on: December 12, 2014, 07:26:03 AM »
Double post since I hit max attachments for one post. I also tried re-angling the other leg instead and resizing the pants a little to better achieve that 3/4 perspective. How does this look?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:32:28 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1368 on: December 12, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
Not bad! I can imagine it in a a game and I likes.
"Stuff and things."

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
  • Chillin' at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1369 on: December 12, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
LMAO!!! Yeah, The way you did it in the second post was precisely what i meant. shifting towards the left side of the screen. Since he's facing the viewer, his right foot is on the left side of the screen. Maybe I should have described it as moving the leg away from the other in hindsight. lol.
Either way, having the right leg perpendicular from the left makes his pose a little more heroic when combined with the "chest out" pose of his upper body.   

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1370 on: December 13, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »
Let it be known that I hate Morris' idle. Those subtle leg changes are a pain in the ass.

Woah! I didn't know you did SOTN style sprites! do you have any others?

Also, I redid some of my sprites also: old   new   The other one looks horrible now. :P I've progressed ALOT. If I could get some nice criticism, that'd be great.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1371 on: December 13, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »
Richter Belmont DXC costume I made for Serio's Castlevania fighter.  :)

You can check him out in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrfRUhW0_c&spfreload=10

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1372 on: December 14, 2014, 10:00:08 AM »
Richter Belmont DXC costume I made for Serio's Castlevania fighter.  :)

You can check him out in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrfRUhW0_c&spfreload=10

Looks really good! Is it in 15 colors?

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1373 on: December 14, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »
Nope, could care less about the color limit.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1374 on: December 14, 2014, 06:25:36 PM »
I believe you meant "couldn't care less". :P
Anyway, I took a look at it and the only compromise you really have to make is with the coat tails and the lightest shade of the chest belt if you want to reduce it to 15 colors. The coat tails might look too bright, but hey, I did say it was a compromise. Any other shade would've made them blend with the pants.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like Optimized Octree did a little more than I realized, will have to look into this a bit more.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:47:06 PM by VladCT »
^^

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1375 on: December 14, 2014, 06:42:23 PM »
I actually expected Serio to change his pallete in-game. Anyways, I colored it blue so that it'd be easy for me to sprite the guy without being confused too much if I used white. The contrast really helps.

And Danke, you grammar-nazii you.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1376 on: December 14, 2014, 06:44:42 PM »
@VladCT
Does that includes the green color when he is doing the cross item crash?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1377 on: December 14, 2014, 06:51:46 PM »
Er...nope. I don't think the aura outline would be necessaryifyou'replanningtouseitinaporhack.
^^

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1378 on: December 14, 2014, 06:59:51 PM »
Er...nope. I don't think the aura outline would be necessaryifyou'replanningtouseitinaporhack.

Oh, ok you read my mind lol

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1379 on: December 14, 2014, 07:28:37 PM »
You're also going to need a DXC Maria set to go with him though, if you want a complete DXC edition hack.
^^

anything