Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Arcade on pc now, very cool  (Read 2524 times)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Castlevania The Arcade on pc now, very cool
« on: May 25, 2023, 01:39:43 PM »
+1
I haven't seen anyone talking about this on here. I always wanted toplay this so pretty happy. this guy tell you how to play on pc.
https://youtu.be/B4o3OxQkt6Q

BTW you can find it on archives just search Castlevania The Arcade (extracted)

EDIT
another video on how to setup the game.
https://youtu.be/MLMpnAYW3mQ
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 03:17:52 PM by mgfcortez »

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania The Arcade on pc now, very cool
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 06:07:22 AM »
So excited to be finally playing this. Great work.

Edit:
I just can't seem to be able to follow the guide with all the endless copy-pasting on a small laptop, I'm gonna have to wait for someone to pack it ready to go apparently ç_ç
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 09:50:34 AM by whipsmemory »

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 12:04:04 AM »
So excited to be finally playing this. Great work.

Edit:
I just can't seem to be able to follow the guide with all the endless copy-pasting on a small laptop, I'm gonna have to wait for someone to pack it ready to go apparently ç_ç

sorry but if you follow the video that sets it up. it will work. I got it working it's ok, the mouse is a little wonky but it works to hit the enemy's. only thing that sucks is there isn't no sound effects. kinda sucks without that, but the soundtrack is good. and I know it's a pain but it's not too hard to setup just follow the video closely and you will be playing the game in no time. I'll be honest it's not the greatest thing but it is cool. kind of like house of the dead if you ask me.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 10:55:12 PM »
great news they is now a sound effects fix watch this video to fix the no sound effects on windows 7,8. 10 and 11. it was made for xp so newer haedware doesn't run sound effects sadly, but I just play through the whole game with sound effects and makes it so much more fun.

https://youtu.be/2eCKgaNBios

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 03:39:49 AM »
for Castlevania The Arcade
I like to make stuff so I made an improvement took me about 4 hours to make this, but go into your data/movie folder and replace your advDemo.wav with this wav I made if your a fan of Alucard😉  and thank me later, thinking about changing the voice for the rest of the game too. might idk. lol anyway enjoy if anyone on here plays it, or just want to hear Alucard talking lol
https://mega.nz/file/q7YRCAJb#DXfBTSb8NBHCy4vGugPMQcRMuleA1EMN0skWOpLzB_A

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 11:52:57 AM »
I I've been playing for several days but I still can't unlock the secret endings. Does anyone know how to do it?

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 02:46:53 PM »
no IDK how that works, but it's nothing special, it's just Dracula comingt out of the closet and getting rejected by being killed lol
they had a slot called Castlevania the Metal, it maybe if you have play Castlevania the Arcade along with the Metal to unlock it. I truly don't know but the game even talks about it. and you can get metals that let you use your score instead of hearts. that you can unlock in the setup file same as the secret charter the little witch. so perry sure it's unlocked with the slot game. so sadly we probably can't unlock it, unless it's in the setup file too. IDR but you can watch it by looking in the folders of the files of the game. they aren't no real protection stopping you from watching it, or editing it, it's just movie and wav files. that's how I was able to put Alucard into the opening story in game.

Edit
I ran across a reply talking about the joke ending. here it is
Arapose — 05/30/2023 8:02 AM
Now I wonder how can the player spot the duck in order to get the joke ending, and also how to spot the UFO in Silent Hill Arcade?

bojo5150 — 05/30/2023 8:39 AM
You have to beat the game and play a 2nd time

so from what these two said you have to beat the game and play again on a second playthrough. and then you will see a duck somewhere, and have to shoot it with a sub weapon, if you get the duck you get the homo Drac ending.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:42:25 PM by mgfcortez »

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 06:06:43 PM »
Gotta say the playable characters feel incomplete. I mean if Vampire Hunter=Trevor, Lady Gunner=Grant, and Little Witch=Sypha, there should've been a swordslinging Dhampir to round out the CV3 analogues.

That said I'm happy we got this at all, and I'm very grateful to those who made it possible. Mad props!

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2023, 11:38:56 PM »
well found a 4K mod and man it makes this game look good. here's the video of it. if you haven't played this yet nows the time. this beautiful 4K mod and my voice mod makes this game so much better IMHO. but if you like the voices in it still very cool game. I'm just Baise after working so hard to finished the voice pack. but here is the 4K mod. sadly you have to sub, like and comment to download but it's worth it, made my game look great, had to drop the res in the cvs file tho, my pc was running too slow it's an older one.  I just put it at 1080p

https://youtu.be/SvX3btf8Bj8

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 09:20:35 AM »
No SFX is good if you wanna rip the music, though! :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2023, 01:15:59 PM »
No SFX is good if you wanna rip the music, though! :D

yeah, but the full soundtrack is on YouTube, that's what I used to replace the voice in the endings with Alucard. I think the game is cooler with Alucard playing the Narrator  ;D and good thing they fixed the problem with sound effect. it makes the game so much better. anyway it's good to see you Jorge D. Fuentes haven't seen you around in a while, but hey I haven't been around in awhile neither  :P Castlevania Arcade got me back with voice cloning Alucard and now I've found out I can edit the PSP voice files in DXC. I'm doing a replacement of the psx voices into the psp iso right now. I will offer the 255 at3 files for download. so people can easy rip their ISO with UMDGen to their hard drive, then edit it by replacing the files and rebuild for a psx voice pack for DXC.  ;D of coruse it's only game voice files so no real copyright problems for download. and UMDGen is easy for people to use. anyway hope you enjoy The Arcade, it's a bit of a pain to setup but once you get it is a cool hour of Castlevania goodness.

BTW did you see my Japanese Translation script Dubbed in English the talk between Dracula and Richter. check it out pretty cool I think.

https://youtu.be/i5NgZ9JiuZ8
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 02:35:01 PM by mgfcortez »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2023, 01:18:06 PM »
Awesome!
I've been wanting to play this for what feels like ages!
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything