Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119167 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »
+1
There was a third Addams Family film? I thought it ended with Values? Nowhere near as good as the first, but still pretty memorable.

I just rewatched Suspiria. Saw it for the first time on Blu-ray, and while it's a very problematic transfer (I bought the UK release), it beats watching the DVD I own which has a severely goofed up soundtrack. The sound mix on this BD was awesome and really enriches the movie. Just wish someone would do a proper HD transfer someday with the correct contrasting and color timing.

I might get the French Blu-ray at some point just because its contrast and timing are better than the UK disc—for the most part. For some reason it looks like absolute garbage toward the end, where the UK disc fares better. Shame the two labels which released them didn't put their heads and resources together to do one really good transfer, like what Koch and Filmedia did recently for the Army of Darkness director's cut.

One of the silliest trailers with that "Roses are red" bit at the beginning.

Suspiria - 1977 Trailer HQ
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2013, 10:07:58 PM »
There was a third Addams Family film? I thought it ended with Values? Nowhere near as good as the first, but still pretty memorable.
Yes, there was a 3rd film that should have been buried instead  :P
Watch it if you want to laugh at some really bad, bad movie.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
I remember that one. Didn't watch it. Never had any desire. It looked too horrible to even warrant seeing.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
It's worth watching in order to have a movie to name every time you want to make a point about something bad.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2013, 11:01:35 PM »
Isn't Twilight the worst?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2013, 03:46:02 AM »
Kick-Ass 2

Bah, humbug. 2,79 out of 5 stars.

Carrey was a top notch choice, but you could see his character's fate a mile away. And his dark side of acting is half-wasted. He should try a completely evil character once in his life.

Hit-Girl went from innocently charming in the first one to obnoxious one-liner automaton.

Everyone else was fairly forgettable. There was that fat kid who was in Hot Tub Time machine. Mintz-Plaisse was  rather strangle-worthy. He's not Seth Rogen level in that area, but getting dangerously close to it.

The plot is supposed to be ridiculous, but it takes itself way too seriously too often.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2013, 11:29:52 AM »
Isn't Twilight the worst?
When it comes to vampire stuff, it is the worst by far.
When it comes to film-making, at least from my point of view, and despite all kind of realy, really bad stuff, the Twilight saga at least displays a lot more competent design.
Addams Family 3 is just... unspeakable... in terms of incompetence.

Though, if you want to be irritated by a movie, just watch Funny Games.
That's unique on its own terms... and not in a good way.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2013, 01:46:29 PM »
Galaxina wow. I watch a lot of "so bad it's good" movies but this one is just "so bad it's painful". A 1980 science fiction spoof today remembered for the murder of the actress who played the title character (a former Playgirl of the year) before it even premiered. Though allegedly a comedy, with "brilliant" humor like having a starship commander named Captain Butt, I found exactly one laugh in the 84 minute runtime. I've read Greek tragedies with better jokes and comedic timing than this. It's an old rule that you don't show clips of a better movie in your movie, in this case that better movie was First Spaceship on Venus. I've not seen a movie this bad since Manos: the Hands of Fate. Stay away, stay far away.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2013, 03:24:23 AM »
+1
The Cabin in the Woods

Really good! Glad I watched it.  :)

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »
+1
The Cabin in the Woods

Really good! Glad I watched it.  :)
And you heard it first from Pfil!  :)

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2013, 01:46:46 PM »
@Shiroi: What did you think about Thor in that movie?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2013, 03:12:03 AM »
+1
Not bad. Wait, I like him, so yeah... fangirling  ;)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2013, 09:06:09 AM »
+1
Thor was the best of the movies leading up to The Avengers imo, though it was weird how they characterized him differently in the latter movie. I guess trying to show he'd matured, but I hope the sequel keeps some of the lighter tone and humor of the first Thor movie.

As for what I've been watching, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. A lot of DS9. Pretty good character drama but seems to largely lose the philosophical message of the 3 (counting the animated series) earlier shows. That being that technology and science will ultimately help mankind overcome his primitive instincts and create a better more peaceful future.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:09:31 AM by Ratty »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
It was weird seeing Thor in The Cabin in the Woods  :P
Weird but nice  :)

I agree with Ratty, Thor was the best pre-Avengers movie.
Though, if you count the first Iron Man, I'd choose that.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »
"John Dies at the End"

First it starts interesting, two guys find a mysterious drug which gives them incredible mind powers like speaking to the dead, predicting the future and seeing things from other worlds, yet the drug is evil, kills people and makes them see things they shouldn't.
But then it goes downhill, and turns into an insane mixture of horror, gore, science fiction and bad comedy that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's like Evil Dead on crystal meth, if Evil Dead had aliens, drugs and alternate universes in it.

Consider watching only if horribly stoned.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything