Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 189015 times)

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »
Game Maker Studio has it's quirks and limitations (as all engines do), but I honestly don't think it's the source of the problems you are having. Clickteam Fusion, which I'm using for my own project, has some really bewildering limitations in it but none of them have been a progress stopper, and I've always been able to find numerous ways to work around it. I firmly believe Game Maker Studio is the same because I've seen large, professional Metroidvania games published on Steam that play and perform very well.

I do not have your source code but I'm thinking that if you're having problems it is probably because the way it has been coded. You mention having issues with using lots of large images and sprites so it sounds like you might have difficulty with resource management, which isn't necessarily a flaw with Game Maker itself. Honestly it's something I have to deal with quite often on my own game but if you keep optimization in mind as you continue development I'm sure you'll be able to overcome these issues.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #406 on: August 07, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »
Yeah i may have to agree on that. It could very well be code related. I swear i cut down sprite sizes,level sprites sizes, even animations to sprite strips and at times the game seems fine. Many areas run smoothly At other points slow and clunky. It could also be the effects im using but im very unsure. You would defintly know more because you program. The most i was able to do is little odds and ends, and some 3d but i never did get that down perfectly. I can defintly say taking on someone elses engine while not really being able to program isnt a wise decision. However i merely tried with Reiko,Jop and others to progress the project. Either way this game would take a dedicated coder to go in an analyze what is wrong, possibly fix it, and then go through and program the rest. It's debatable wether Game maker studio or another engine would do more for the game at this point. I would say porting would be a miskake and very time consuming. Starting it from scratch that maybe a viable solution but again tedious. Again i think this all comes down to someones programming skills. I still very much get the feeling with all ive dealt with on the engine that it is actually more code related and not sprite sizes. I do feel this game even in its entirety could be completed right in this engine. Wether things get pulled or not is up to the team. I would personally like to see the special effects stay in the game. Someone worked hard to make some of them which i feel are unique and well made. BTW we still have the engine in game maker 8pro not studio. We never ported it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:35:56 AM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: March 24, 2019, 12:17:55 AM »
Hello guys, sorry for the long hiatus. I dont mind if our source is released to public. As i do feel that they deserve to enjoy what we have all acomplished with this project. Sorry that we couldnt finish it. But maybe aomeone else would like to take over the project or atleast play what we did do. It was definately fun doing it despite the set back. So Las and Jop, you have my permission to release the source to the public.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »
then there will be a publication to be able to play the project? or is it still being developed, or will someone else develop it?

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2019, 01:22:01 AM »
so would one of you all edit the post and put the game up for download? really like to play it, hate that you couldn't finish but look forward to trying it out looks great thanks

Offline Abeas

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2019, 10:47:32 PM »
Yes, even if it's not finished, I would appreciate if you can release a playable version of everything you did so far. If you can't finish it it's too bad but thanks for all you work. SCV III is still one of the most promising Castlevania fan game. I'm following it's progression for years now, since Obreck's time.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2019, 11:52:13 AM »
Sorry that I didnt answer this but tests and some projects get in my way, im not going to be in full detail and go to the point, I really want to relase what Las and the team make, I need a little time to 1st test and see if thats the last demo i have and upload the game, I give my opinion on my deviant about if release or not, this is what i say:

(click to show/hide)

Now that I have the time im going to start with the test and the uploading so with hope in the next month you can play what we made.

Any question you want to make it will be best to send me a pm on deviant https://www.deviantart.com/drameloch  or in my youtube (choose any video or one newer) since i expend more time there
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZsebP-1ga_Ql4WPobkZy-Q?view_as=subscriber

Offline Abeas

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2020, 12:22:29 AM »
So, any news about the upload of what you have done on the game so far ?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2020, 03:46:39 PM »
So, any news about the upload of what you have done on the game so far ?

how many necroposts can this 8 year old topic accumulate
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #414 on: February 28, 2020, 12:24:41 PM »
Well i forgett to mention this here, dont expect all follow my channel and not i dont want you to suscribe or something like that but there i show the unfinish project game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEgbmCR9BE8

mmm you can download 2 version there, there is no big change and i try to explain all i can in the description so read that and i think is the best if a moder just close this thread if he can.

Its been a good project i help and im happy with all i learn, its sad how it ended but things like this are not going to stop me to keep trying to do a fancastlevaniagame :3

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2020, 03:55:03 AM »
mmm so this is weird but hey im glad someone fix a lot of problems about this project, still have bugs but its more enjoyable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzsfgK20XSU

i didnt know if edit the last post i make because i want this to be noticed in case someone is interested, i upload a video on my channel playing a little and show how it works the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50vPJewcwiQ

If there is some news im gona post again but dont count on that much.
 :3

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #416 on: March 28, 2020, 08:32:35 AM »
how many necroposts can this 8 year old topic accumulate

until as there's someone else wanting to work in the game.
Are you OK with that?

Tags:

anything