Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 188968 times)

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »
i wait for this project.... this is the best remake of all times jajaja lol  ;D ;)

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: March 09, 2017, 06:21:02 PM »
It was unexpected! so the project still lives?  :o
Glad that you're returned, Reiko26!

Yes, project still lives on. And thankyou so much. Glad to be back.

@FanOfDracula
Thanks bro, im greatful to hear that.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2017, 10:02:38 PM »
Hope this gets finished. Would be an amazing incentive to actually finish DC

Offline SilverFox

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (PS3/X360)
« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »
Out of curiosity, is there more recent demo of the game?

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: July 08, 2017, 10:51:44 PM »
No recent demo yet. Id like to get las to cut some stuff out that hinders the engine. Like per se, we planned to add curse of darkness scenarios. I figure if we just do the basic Cv3DC just to get it out. Then if we want we could add the cod elements. That would help out not only the fans but would take loads off of us with the project. If i can get him to agree with that. It will be golden. Look forward to hearing back from me soon

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #395 on: July 09, 2017, 04:41:49 AM »
No recent demo yet. Id like to get las to cut some stuff out that hinders the engine. Like per se, we planned to add curse of darkness scenarios. I figure if we just do the basic Cv3DC just to get it out. Then if we want we could add the cod elements. That would help out not only the fans but would take loads off of us with the project. If i can get him to agree with that. It will be golden. Look forward to hearing back from me soon

thats great news! I think thats a great idea, I really liked the idea for add CoD scenarios and more things (some good works i made) but if this going to be a problem i prefer to make a normal proyect and perhaps in the future add more or another game why not XD.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2017, 06:49:55 PM »
I agree. You can always add bonus content later via update. If this game uses a save feature, trying to make it compatible with the updated version would be a good idea.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #397 on: July 11, 2017, 04:25:27 PM »
I think that Las wanted to add so much things for the game that it began to looks very polluted and very hard to be all done, what contributed to this huge delay in the game progress. :-\

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #398 on: July 17, 2017, 08:42:14 PM »
Yeah that really put a huget damper on the project. Im trying to see if anyone has a version that was shown in youtube, before las did alot of changing to it. One of thenguus dod our videos for us and i need him to contact me asap. Im in hopes that he still has the same old copy of the project that he can send me. I may try and finish it myself. Without the curse of darkness and 3d elements. And make it classic 2d like cv chronicles was. Im willing to pay someone if they can help me with coding.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:44:13 PM by reiko26 »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: August 01, 2017, 07:18:04 AM »
Hello forum goers. Id like to start by saying sorry ive not been on the forum for a while. I havent had anything recent in terms of the project to show. I like many of you would like to see the project complete, but it will mainly, to this point, depend a dedicated programmer to complete it. Jop and I, had finished a mass quantity of sprites,enemies,bosses,scenes for various aspects of the game. I would total it's size not far off from that of sotn. Just ask Jop. The problem, and what has been hindering the game, is likely not its size at all. I'd gone back and cut down massive amounts of sprite size,even frames where i could,organzing things as best i could,but in many aspects still had issues. I'd say this is a coding issue, but im not sure. Could be obrecks code or someone else's conflicting. But i really think GM8 like many fan game engines are not overly well made. Which means they can do x,y and z but not everything your looking for it to do. This engine is from around 2008 i believe. But the point i'm trying to make is i think alot of fan gamers probably give up or move their stuff to more modern engines, is because many platforms dont seem well developed. I am no expert in programming so i can't say which are the best. I've heard that unity and unreal because of their 3d capabilites could probably host 2d games better. By all techinal terms the full amount of what JOp,I, and others accomplished for this game at it's height should have no problem all fitting into a full length game whatsoever. I talked a while ago with ESCO and he moved his game from this engine to another simply for the same reasons we have encountered.

The game could be cut down in terms of size,but i think it would really crush alot of ideas Jop and i came up with. Seeing also how we took a Guy Ritchie type approach(if you do this than that happens). But overall, this game no matter what, comes down to wether a dedicated progammer comes along to complete this,irregardless of what is taken out or left in. Again i do believe this game could fit in it's entirety if programmed properly or put in a more compatible engine. But i am by no means and expert in the field of programming. My areas are music and art,probably in that order.  What Jop and i had towards the end for sprites was quite alot, game play value would be pretty epic.

I do thank Reiko, as well, for trying to get the project more involved as of late which i have not done. I'd also like to state that it is possible i maybe wrong and that a well-tuned expert coder could come through rehash or start the game from scratch and everything could fit into the game perfectly. HOnestly i think it would have been better that way because we could have 2 modes. One Regular DC and a 2nd option being DC EXpanded. That was Jop,Reiko, and my goal for quite some time,even Obreck was diggin it... Reiko's idea originally. I do wish like many this game was completed,mainly so many of the fans that have waited so long can finally get the chance to play and have fun with it.
Further more i would like to thank personally all those who have helped with sprites,consulting,and programming. I do have a big credits list btw. Certainly Jop,Reiko,Obreck,Lord Cyber,Sup Vic,Retro artist,Jorge Fuentes,Mario Santos, The Fushion team, amongs the biggest contributers. I would like to at some point put out the credits list,and it can be found in the game aswell as in its folder.

I defintly wish Reiko the best of luck finding programming help. In terms of involvement for me, it will be at this point limited. If Reiko or Jop, the two remaining members want to consult with me thats fine. I can try to help with the how things work in the engine,explain to coders how bosses,enemies,etc operate. Overall though, i felt ive done what i can do. Dont mean to sound like a quitter but this game primarily comes down to programming;skills which i lack. Hope you all understand, and again apologies in delayed communications.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #400 on: August 01, 2017, 02:08:46 PM »
While going for a engine like Unity or Unreal 4 would really give you more freedom, I think it would give you even more headaches if you don't know how to code yet (sure, if the programmer know how, I don't see no problem with this, it would be basically recoding everything again and moving assets).

If someone wants to help or give a suggestion, who we should PM first? Reiko?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #401 on: August 01, 2017, 08:59:08 PM »
Just out of curiosity can I see some of the sprites you've made for the project and hear some of your music? I'd like to see what kind of progress you've made, even if it's not engine or programming related!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #402 on: August 01, 2017, 11:53:37 PM »
:(

Don't let the dream die, guys.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #403 on: August 02, 2017, 05:29:00 AM »
Just out of curiosity can I see some of the sprites you've made for the project and hear some of your music? I'd like to see what kind of progress you've made, even if it's not engine or programming related!

I need to talk to Las (didnt have much time) to see what he wants to show, I dont want to show something that he dosnt want but something you can see are this screensshots from this gallery I show a long time ago:

http://drameloch.deviantart.com/gallery/53995196/Super-Castlevania-3

The screenshot 16 been one of the most interesting idea Las have and I work to help him.

Im glad to work in this project and even if they dont use my work i dont care since I learn a lot from there and Las teach me a lot of things, Im stil not good but im trying to find my own style and when they need my help I will help in anything I can.
 Im in the team for now but since they dont need sprites I cant be of any help now.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »
Honestly at this point in time, if its ok with Reiko and Jop, i could give out the engine for open source purposes. The game itself primarily is reliant on programming to be completed..but alot i warn you. I have a very good feeling all of what we have,plus more could fit into this game and run perfectly.But i am not sure if the sprite organization,level,design sprites,or possibly conflicting code has something to do with it.

I did have cut out a couple of levels and redo them to save sprite size sadly,but at least they are their. I keep getting people at youtube asking about this games completion aswell. To be honest, i cant really complete this game. I dont program well and to me it's a headache. I'd rather focus on what i know im solid at which is art or music. To take on a 3rd aspect is a bit much on my plate. I like the push by Reiko as of late, but other than rehasing any sprites or trying new level ideas...not sure what else i can do personally. I've considered it on hiatus,but should the right programmer dedicate themselves to finishing it...i'd say it's game on.  I can explain what goes on in the engine just not program it. It's been a while too so i'd have to refresh my memory.

I am no where near as dedicated to this project as i once was. Mainly because of asking about 40 coders or so and striking out nearly on all of them. So if anyone is interested and wants to take a stab at it, be my guest. I believe i gave Jop and Reiko the latest links to the game source,music files, and extra engines if needed. It possible i do have alot written down on my other pc about how the game's code works. If needed i can pull myself back into it again..but i dont really want to deal with programmers getting cold feet or not bothering to showing up once they commit. I can't invest time unless it is spent wisely, to complete the game. Im not trying to put a negative spin on it,but spending all that time to advance the game,even being willing to pay programmers to code, and to come up short isnt re-assuring in the slightest. I would have to say judging by fan gamers..it would have to be someone who's heart is really in it for it to happen. Maybe a longshot,but i still believe there is someone out their up for the task. Let's hope so,right!

BTW most if not all the sprites should be current in the engines, bosses,enemies,xtras. I do believe you can save them out in .png file with the same quality. I know some of what i did could use pallette tweaks,but again in terms of sprites i dont think their was much. In terms of levels,well it mainlly comes down to what could fit into the levels and want cant. I wont lie i was sorta annoyed with a couple of rehashed level i never got to do nearly half of what i had previously done...but all because of constraint to the engine.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Tags: