Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Americanos, are you voting this year?  (Read 23784 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Americanos, are you voting this year?
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2016, 07:57:47 PM »
+1
You say that... but russia and clinton are the ones who threatened war over each other.

And yet people likes to ignore this.

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 09:55:03 PM »
For what it's worth, Trump seems to have done a bit of 180 on his stances over everything. His policies have all changed on his website, and he appears more Libertarian leaning Liberal than anything. The "BAN ALL MUSLIMS" for example is completely gone. It states he'll lower taxation across the board, but that upper class will still pay their fair share (though kept at an appropriate rate to still encourage competition). Child care would be tax deductible, etc.

One of my brother's friends actually worded everything better than I did.

Donald Trump has completely changed his platform over the course of one night.

He literally bait and switched the entire Republican platform he had, and is surprisingly more Libertarian leaning Liberal with his policies.

He replaced "The Wall" with comprehensive immigration reform, essentially making "The Wall" a footnote more than a key point.

The "ban on muslims" is no longer there.

He eliminated tax reductions for the rich. Added a tax deduction for child care that includes stay at home parents, shifted from his coal focused energy platform to a clean energy stance, eliminated his pro-life stance, seems to be adopting a more libertarian immigration stance, changed his stance on veteran benefits to increase benefits for veterans, supports increased health care for the mentally ill, and is supporting more money going to general education. To name a few.

To reiterate on "the wall" issue; The 10 point plan still shows the wall, but his key issues area changed and the wall and his new immigration ideas contradict one another which kinda looks like the wall is moving out of the picture for a legitimate way to deal with it.

To re-reiterate, that is from his pre-elected stance, his now-elected stance has completely contradictory statements which looks like he's weeding that out with immigration reform instead.

Sources:
donaldjtrump.com/policies/

Holy shit well played.

Any chance Trump played America? Coming from his actual website, I don't really doubt it. But if it's true, I'll at least feel a little more hopeful rather than whatever else I was feeling previously.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2016, 10:53:10 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it in action.  :rollseyes:

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2016, 10:54:32 PM »
I agree with Highwind.
Anyway, if America was played, he just used his reality show tactics to win.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2016, 11:38:12 PM »
I never took that "build a wall" part seriously. To me it sounded like when a parent says "You'll stay there until you eat all your vegetables" but one time or another they will need to back off. I still think that he will be harsh with illegal immigrants, but not build a wall.

Also good find Claimh, I think it have something to do with his conversation with Obama.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2016, 12:23:36 AM »
Best of luck to America. Just don't bring the rest of the world down with you.

Yea, like Germany right? Oh wait, it's a shit hole filled with rapist and rape apologists. Or Sweden's will take rapist over racists and anti rape bracelets? Or Great Britain's Rotherham rape gangs?

Who's to say that we're in the "passive" state of cyber warfare?  Like I said before, other countries always look for an excuse to launch a full scale cyber attack.  The only country under constant attack is UAE, which gets 5% of the world's cyber attacks lauched at it.
http://www.thenational.ae/uae/technology/cyber-attacks-will-get-violent-in-the-future-uae-security-expert-warns

The world has long been in this situation, and it will continue to do so.

I love how so may people already decided he's a failure and Clinton would be a savior even before he's in office.

EDIT: you know what it reminds me of? Obama getting the Nobel Peace prize not even a year into his presidency.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:25:57 AM by Kale »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2016, 01:04:33 AM »
+1
Didn't vote for her, I voted for Jill Stein, so I don't care about the protesters that are upset.  Where were they in July when Bernie and his supporters got screwed over?  Oh yeah, telling us to sit down and shut up.  He would've won Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania easily.

North Dakota, Montana, Florida, and Arkansas legalized medical marijuana; California, Massachusetts, Nevada fully legalized it, Maine's question 1 is in the lead so far, but too close to call yet.  Arizona Marijuana Legalization, Proposition 205 failed to get a majority vote.

Also, Florida amendment 1 went down in flames, Amendment 3 Property tax exemptions for first responders   
passed and Amendment 5 Property tax breaks for senior citizens   also passed, as well.

All in all, not a half bad election actually.

And yeah, he should return that prize ASAP, doesn't make the Norwegian Nobel Committee look good at all.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:08:42 AM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2016, 02:17:37 AM »
Welcome to American Plutocracy.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2016, 03:07:33 AM »
I think he's a piece of shit as a person, but I'm withholding judgment as to his job capacity until January 21st and beyond.

I'm not optimistic, but I also won't discredit the possibility that his bravado during the campaigns was purely a play to get votes--since his stances have done nearly a complete 180 on his official pages already, there's some credence to this, I think.

He isn't and never was my pick, but my distaste for him as a person doesn't yet have probable cause to extend to his ability in office.

I expect the worst, but I hope for the best--that way I can't be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised.

That all being said, he's said he plans on killing TPP--well, shit, more fucking power to him on that front. That thing's pure fucking evil and needs to die in flames.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2016, 06:01:09 AM »
well anyone who's seen his 80's interviews can see how he really is. the brash loud showman is just a character he's developed over his TV carreer, much like Arnold Schwarzenegger is defined by being the Terminator.

The real Trump is much more subdued and calm.

we'll see I guess. I always hope for the best
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2016, 06:32:50 AM »
I expect the worst, but I hope for the best--that way I can't be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised.

This is how I've viewed this election, regardless of outcome. Be it Hillary, Trump, Johnson, Stein, etc. Because the one person I would have possibly voted for wasn't even considered..... And that is...... The REAL most interesting man in the world.

I do think Trump is less worst than the others, but who knows what'll happen.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2016, 07:32:39 AM »
This is how I've viewed this election, regardless of outcome. Be it Hillary, Trump, Johnson, Stein, etc. Because the one person I would have possibly voted for wasn't even considered..... And that is...... The REAL most interesting man in the world.

I do think Trump is less worst than the others, but who knows what'll happen.

Pretty much the same here. Unlike pretty much everyone around me, I didn't feel despair or sadness or anything at the result election. I just felt nothing. I knew for quite a while that I wasn't going to be happy with the result either way, so I've braced for it for a really long time.

I'm, more than anything, just trying to remain hopeful.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2016, 07:51:30 AM »
So, no one has anything to say on the mass legalization of marijuana that just happened?   :o

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2016, 08:03:17 AM »
Wasn't legalized where I lived, so no comment. I've only tried it once anyway. And it gave me a huge headache..... but I was drinking, so that's probably why.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2016, 08:52:39 AM »

Tags:

anything