Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: corona and helplessness  (Read 10592 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 11:13:33 AM »
Bloo@

Geez that sucks  :-\  If you have a window that gets access to direct sunlight for hours on end then use that rather then the supplements. Especially if they're the culprit for your current dilemma.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »
My mom was diagnosed with flu almost a week ago, they did a test and she posted negative. Fast forward to yesterday, we're now told she has coronavirus, however, she is slowly eating normal again, and does move around some, so she seems to be getting her strength back. We have not been able to visit her at the nursing care facility she's at for the past 2 months, we can't see her in the hospital, and if she clears this hurdle she will be moved to a tempprary nursing facility, and again we will not be able to see her for an undetermined amount of time (she does have a phone, and we hope she calls us daily when she is able to).

Then I look on Twitter, and I see yahoo's gathering together, protesting about being quarantined (including one of my followers echoing the everyone back to work theme these idiots are voicing), some holding signs saying the virus is a hoax (and nazi flags and confederate flags). This has steamed the fuck out of me, these people will only understand when they are sick, or someone in their family gets sick from this virus, but it'll be too late to understand then. A lady I went to school with, her husband lost his dad to coronavirus yesterday, yet you still have idiots claiming it's fake. They want to open businesses here come Monday, yet this virus continues to multiply, do they want more people dying from this shit? People claim this is lesser than the flu, but do they not realize if this shit really gets out of control, it could rival the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918?

Right now, mankind disgusts me. Insanity has set in with people, have they gone stir crazy? I just have trouble understanding why does it seem only in America are people doing this?  >:(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:26:33 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2020, 04:05:37 AM »
+1
My mom was diagnosed with flu almost a week ago, they did a test and she posted negative. Fast forward to yesterday, we're now told she has coronavirus, however, she is slowly eating normal again, and does move around some, so she seems to be getting her strength back. We have not been able to visit her at the nursing care facility she's at for the past 2 months, we can't see her in the hospital, and if she clears this hurdle she will be moved to a tempprary nursing facility, and again we will not be able to see her for an undetermined amount of time (she does have a phone, and we hope she calls us daily when she is able to).

That really sucks. I hope your family pulls through this time and it feels like it passes quickly.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2020, 04:57:42 AM »
+1
That really sucks. I hope your family pulls through this time and it feels like it passes quickly.

Much appreciated, thank you.

She has overcome a lot of lung ailments the last 2-3 years, doctors counted her out a couple times, a couple times she defied their odds. This is probably her biggest challenge to date. She was a heavy smoker through a good portion of her life, but clogged arteries pretty much made her quit smoking (my dad was a smoker too, but quit that and drinking cold turkey when he had tuberculosis many, many years ago, pneumonia and dementia did him in in 06).

Those protesting to have quarantines and stay at homes lifted (because it violates their rights supposedly), are only prolonging their own misery. They want to try and open business over here tomorrow, Louisiana has been one of the hotbeds in the US (because Mardi Gras brought in a lot of tourists), I'd say it's fartoo soon to try and start opening places and exposing more people. I have a Twitter follower who thinks we should open everything now, because as he puts it, the economy is hurting. The economy can recover, the dead cannot.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 04:59:49 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2020, 02:51:01 PM »
 Hey people! Haven't visited this place in forever....
Dropped in in to say hi. What an odd time to live in, huh?

It feels like the world is united in our isolation. I am sad to hear you guys are having it tough. Hold on there. It is a trial for our patience and solidarity. I find that keeping yourself busy is the best way.
Parts of my city (Jerusalem) has been hit hard. Fortunately our healthcare system is holding up, and I am lucky enough to be able to work from home. We are away from our families and the city is on lockdown, which is tough. My wife tries to make sure we leave the house as little as possible. Also if things don't get better till autumn we may miss our second opportunity for a honeymoon, which sucks.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2020, 03:49:26 PM »
it was my girlfriend's birthday, and we've both been isolating for about 4 weeks now, so we felt comfortable enough to see each other (for the first time in well over a month)
it was really nice

i've had 2 friend's that live overseas now die due to the virus. my grandma is still in intensive care, and my dad has developed a cold. my dad is probably the most at risk. being a veteran from the 82nd, he's breathed in fumes from the burn pits and white phosphorus, which has given him serious lung and heart problems. I really hope it's just a cold, because he is very at risk.

corona has really taken a toll on me, not to mention the instability caused by me getting cut off from my vices (which is ultimately a good thing, but being forced to go cold turkey in a crisis isn't good for your mental health.)

on the upside, i have a lot more time to practice my instruments now. and i feel like finally doing visual art again. and i've still got hope, somehow.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2020, 11:57:27 AM »
+1
My mom was discharged from the hospital yesterday, and moved further from us for at least 25 days, if things go well,and she's all clear by then, they will move her back into the nursing facility she was in (still far from home, but much closer than they have her now). She is still weak, but seems back mostly to her old self, or as close as she can get these days.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
Hope everyone is handling things as best as they can, during this crisis!

I'm furloughed... but Unemployment Benefits, coupled with my Stimulus, should ease tensions for a while.
I work in NYC and live in NJ (USA), so it's a hot zone.  I don't forecast a return to work until end of may, if that.

I can work from home but my whole workplace is shut down so it wouldn't matter.  I hope that when things start to reopen, I am able to work safely from home... beucause I kinda don't wanna ride a packed bus into NYC and walk through Times Square streets to get to my job, right now...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2020, 09:09:53 AM »
Jorge@

The news said that NY was one of the worst places in the world for COVID19 at the moment.

We've had 11 cases up here in the Yukon and those cases have since recovered, but we're still being vigilant about hand-washing and distancing ourselves from one-another. However one person who came back recently from vacationing elsewhere refused to go into 2 weeks quarantine as is the current protocol. He's now in jail and facing a court hearing on May 5th. Just because someone doesn't feel sick doesn't mean they aren't carriers of the virus. This thing can incubate up to 14 days before said carrier feels sick, and in that time, can pass it onto others without knowing. It's been over a month now since the first signs of the outbreak. You'd think this guy would have gotten the memo already *shake's head*
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2020, 06:50:19 PM »
Well, it’s happened. My role at work was made redundant due to the Covid climate; 25% of overheads cut regardless of staff performance, C’est la vie... At least there’s a small pot of Gil at the end of this rainbow. On the plus side, nobody in my household or direct family has been ill for months, thankfully. ????
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD