Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metal Gear Awesome 2  (Read 4235 times)

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »
Holy Crap!
2 years after Metal Gear Awesome was released on Newgrounds, the author Egoraptor has made a great sequel.
And it was worth the wait.
It was awesome.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/426712

« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 03:42:26 PM by New Dracula »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 02:10:55 PM »
That was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!! The first was so so, but the second one was way better.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
Re: Metal Gear Awesome 2
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:18:03 PM »
Wow, I, uh...didn't like that at all. And I loved the first one. Damn. :(

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 06:21:22 PM »
In Reply To #1

arsom arsom

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 03:00:24 PM »
.........You plug the control into port 2 when fighting psycho mantis?!?@!?! So he can read minds just not the second control port.

That would have come in handy on my playthrough on insane mode (or whatever the highest setting is called.) The fight was like 3 hours long. Glad I didn't die.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
how'd you get enough ammo....... to even last 3 hours?

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »
In Reply To #5

forgive me for quoting 4chan but...
PROOF!! OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 04:29:44 AM »
That was... AWESOME!
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 10:02:09 AM »
In Reply To #6

I honestly don't remember. I think there was some in the upper corner that spawns after a few minutes. If not, I may have had the headband. I'd have to do it again to see but I didn't beat that file yet. Im fighting that raven guy with the gatling gun.

Proof? Well, send me a pollygraph machine. I did it by standing in the lower left corner of the screen. He tends to move around in three or four spots on the left side so you can blindly shoot in those areas and occasionaly you can see his reflection on the floor tiles. Then you just dodge attacks. When he starts shooting the plasma balls you just listen for his screach. If you can shoot him before then you don't have to worry about it. If you miss then you do a roll up the screen then go back into position. If you get hurt really bad you just lay on the floor to recover a little bit of health (sucks if he is bleeding) but if he is doing the plasma thing you have to be extra carefull. Im not sure if the ammo spawned in the hard mode but in one of the modes you can run to the ammo's spot in the top right corner and then go back and fight. If that doesn't happen in insane mode (or whatever it's called) then you need the headband. I can't even imagine what it is like if you didn't have to do the fight that way.

....There isn't an easy way to run up the tower with all those guys chasing you is there? That part was fuckin insane.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Tags:

anything