Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 214461 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »
Nah I think it could be cool.

Also, the game looks cool but it looks like it's running pretty frameskip-o-rificly.  As you said, maybe it's Camtasia but yeah...it doesn't really sell the video.  What was going on in that Stone Golem fight, though?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:44:42 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2012, 03:03:20 PM »
Well, let's be real... Everybody thinks that LoS II will suck(castlevania speaking, not 3d adventure speaking)
Maybe not. Only because I think that MercuryStream most likely took the feedback from fans to tweak some things. Remember Kojima has a knack for listening to fans at times and changing things, look at how badass Raiden turned out in MGS4.
Nah I think it could be cool.

Also, the game looks cool but it looks like it's running pretty frameskip-o-rificly.  As you said, maybe it's Camtasia but yeah...it doesn't really sell the video.  What was going on in that Stone Golem fight, though?
I did say it was a work-in-progress. The programming is buggy when the Golem smashes on the ground. It is being ironed out as we speak...I was just too lazy to take it out...lol The frame skip issues you might notice is probably where I spliced the video in the desert stage. Too lazy to go through a indepth playthrough in that stage at the time of making of the vid. It was more for the OST so I was more focused on showcasing that at the time. It was just easier for me to splice together some vids I had already made at the time and just add some new stuff.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:09:17 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »
UPDATE: Hello guys! It has been a minute since I posted on my thread. Just to give everyone a update, Vamprotector is still a go, abet a slow process. I have officially begun my week break from school, which of course is eating all my time along with life. Just wanted to post because I have gotten quite a few PM's about what happened to the game. I probably wont be able to get any serious work done with it until the end of the year when I go on my long break from school. In the mean time I started to dabble with a smaller side project called "Doris" which should please some Vampire Hunter D fans. This week I have been keeping tabs with Warmachine and am designing the artwork for the OST for his soon to be released Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse. I have seen the game in action and it is shaping up nicely and it looks AMAZING! I think fans of CV3 will be in a real treat with this game and it's being made with MMF2 no less! I just wanted to hit everyone up and give a progress report. Alot of members have been asking about my game as well as Warmachine. Here is a sample of what I have been dabbling with for the cover of Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse. That was a in-game shot was taken from the game and I did a short paint over to give it a little more depth and character. I hope Warmachine approves. Well, that's bout it. I'm open for feedback, critiques, or ideas for Vamprotector from everyone. I'll be in contact again shortly, right now i'm submerging again to work on some MMF2 dealings.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2012, 01:03:29 AM »
Well, that's bout it. I'm open for feedback, critiques, or ideas for Vamprotector from everyone. I'll be in contact again shortly, right now i'm submerging again to work on some MMF2 dealings.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Ha, the best part is that I won't have to! Games are already expensive enough as they are!

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2012, 01:38:39 PM »
Ha, the best part is that I won't have to! Games are already expensive enough as they are!

:) Yeah they are getting expensive these days but I wanted something goofy and emphatic that could bring a smile to you, since you seem really stressed about not having the time you want to work on this project and also because you seem excited to work on this.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »
:) Yeah they are getting expensive these days but I wanted something goofy and emphatic that could bring a smile to you, since you seem really stressed about not having the time you want to work on this project and also because you seem excited to work on this.
Thanks Phoenix! Well I more stressed about school because it's pretty intensive and it eats up all my time. I only have 6 months left though for that Video Game Art and Design degree. On a side note, I am fine tuning some stuff from Vamprotector on my break , and I am pretty level at the moment in my stress-free environment..lol

I finshed this for Warmachine last night (sneak peak):

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2012, 04:16:48 PM »
Very cool, you even used the old Dracula's Curse logo :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
Very cool, you even used the old Dracula's Curse logo :)
Thanks, I try...lol The game even looks better in action and the soundtrack rocks too!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:33:29 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
Thanks, I try...lol The game even looks better in action and the soundtrack rocks too!

That sounds like playable demo talk to me! Or how about a video trailer showing off the game?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »
That sounds like playable demo talk to me! Or how about a video trailer showing off the game?
Well, that's Warmachine's department. He has a thread on the forum. It's his thing. I am just helping here and there with stuff, but mostly that project is all him. I am busy doing Vamprotector stuff. I was going to sidetrack with my other project "Doris," but 1 project at a time. I am going to finish this one up first before I invest time in some of the other ideas I have.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
Any pics of your project then, dark? I'm interested in whatever ya got!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2012, 08:09:46 AM »
Pics? I have all sorts of pics and video throughout this thread, as well as on my youtube channel. There is also this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vamprotector-Multimedia-Fusion-2/266894016717222?ref=ts

Today, I will be working on a debug room. I want to get all the main character's animations down and such. They are the most important aspect of the game!

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2012, 02:35:42 PM »
Pics? I have all sorts of pics and video throughout this thread, as well as on my youtube channel. There is also this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vamprotector-Multimedia-Fusion-2/266894016717222?ref=ts

Today, I will be working on a debug room. I want to get all the main character's animations down and such. They are the most important aspect of the game!

Homer Simpson Gurgle Noise

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2012, 01:47:53 PM »
Homer Simpson Gurgle Noise
Thanks, I got my debug room done and started inputting animations in it. When i get to a certain point i'll make a vid.