Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056077 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1110 on: May 15, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »
Good to know. I still need to fix the shading on his rear hand, but I got so into the groove of shading the weapon that I focused on nothing else.

I think that that scythe might be my new favorite thing I've ever sprited. I'm a little iffy on Lindzei's face there, but that's more to do with the angle than anything, so I'm not terribly concerned about it.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1111 on: May 17, 2014, 07:44:34 PM »
Does anybody have Serio's version of Hanz Belmont? Ref.
Two of those sprites are custom. Guess which ones?

Bump.

Also, I'm expandin CV2 Simon's moveset. Here's what I got so far. +Animations

That's some good stuff, Dracula. His body parts look a little out of proportion though.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:40:03 AM by ZeroSaberGreen »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1112 on: May 18, 2014, 03:00:41 PM »
Bump.

Now why would you want those...looks familiar
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:02:21 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1113 on: May 18, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »
I want them because I need to take a look at the sprites and see if the could be used for my project.
What looks familiar about the sprites?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1114 on: May 18, 2014, 04:58:10 PM »
I want them because I need to take a look at the sprites and see if the could be used for my project.
What looks familiar about the sprites?

You can go to the forum of castlevania fighter and ask to him, the other day i ask to him the sprites of His Richter version and now i have it. this is the only sprites i have for hanz.
(click to show/hide)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1115 on: May 18, 2014, 05:18:14 PM »
Already got it. You can ask Serio for her sprites, and she just gives them to you?

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1116 on: May 18, 2014, 05:41:07 PM »
why dont you try? the only thing i see that they want its that you credit them so if you make that it will be no problem i see a lot of people ask for material of castlevania that he have in the forum

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1117 on: May 24, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »
+1
It's been a while since anybody's been on here. The thread was almost a dead-thread.

New stylish Richter. YAY. Take look at my Richter V2 edit. Now take a look at Konami's Richter V2 edit. Mine's better (anything is better than those konami sprites) than a professional spriter who get's paid for his work, and I'm only 12. That just shows how lazy people are. I spent 10 MINUTES EDITING THOSE SPRITES.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #1118 on: May 24, 2014, 11:21:06 PM »
It's been a while since anybody's been on here. The thread was almost a dead-thread.

New stylish Richter. YAY. Take look at my Richter V2 edit. Now take a look at Konami's Richter V2 edit. Mine's better (anything is better than those konami sprites) than a professional spriter who get's paid for his work, and I'm only 12. That just shows how lazy people are. I spent 10 MINUTES EDITING THOSE SPRITES.

Zerosabergreen, your richter sprites are are looking good. not bad at all.keep up the good work

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1119 on: May 25, 2014, 08:19:42 AM »
Should I finish it with all his PoR moves? Or just his moves from SOTN?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1120 on: May 25, 2014, 08:47:55 AM »
The head-bobbing forward looks awkward, and there isn't enough movement on his backside.  It looks like he's listening to a favorite tune on his headphones and is headbanging and foot-tapping.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1121 on: May 25, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »
I've never been able to do good idle animations. :(

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1122 on: May 25, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »
I was thinkin the classic 50s greaser finger snappin pose

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1123 on: May 25, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »
Is this any better?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1124 on: May 27, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »
Considerably better. There still could do with some minute detailing, though. If you look at Richter's idle animations in RoB/DXX/any game where he's sleeveless, you can see that in the third frame of his "exhale" that his arm "moves" forward by extending the forearm and shortening the hand by one pixel. His back muscles also roll in tandem with this movement. Of course that would be more hidden in a thicker undershirt and frock coat, but it would still be there. You've already got a bit of it, but it might need that little extra push. It's hard to tell without that arm extension, though.

But that one definitely looks better than the first. Keep it up. And I think I have Hanz's sheet on my hard drive, so I'll look. If I don't, I'll pop in the CVBla boards and see if I can get them from Serio. He's usually cool with older, finished sheets, so long as they were his to begin with (hence why nobody can get their hands on Cyber's Nathan sheet; Serio doesn't share what isn't his, and Cyber doesn't want them floating around either), so I should be able to get you what you're looking for.

Also, Bhunivelze's done. Finally.

As for his disproportinate looks, Zero...that's actually the way he looks. In-game, his body is very elongated. It's almost at the level as Alucard in Hellsing (Alucard...level...heh). The fact that he has two heads (the other on the back of his front one), and that massive horn headpiece crown thing, only serves to make him look even wonkier. But since he's got that Vedic Rakshasa vibe going on(now that I think about it, Bhunivelze shares a lot of traits - though downplayed - with the Rakshasa king, Ravana; only two heads instead of ten, but his eight wings and two arms are reminiscent of Ravana's twenty arms), that's somewhat justified.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.