Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138598 times)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - In Development!
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2017, 12:38:28 PM »
Try not to worry dude. You're doing a good job with your game. Best thing you can do is give it your all  :)

Solved the issue :) Sometimes the coding (even if I am just a beginner) is just so damn frustrating!!!

Onwards to fixing the walking animation!!!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »
Hello,

Great progress to the game :)

I have corrected the walking and the animations!!!

Also today I have made my MAP!!!

Here are 2 screenshots:

and here

Some explaining for the map!

This is only for testing!!! The map will have its own menu and it will be the whole screen!
The map will be a little different due to my coding skills limitations.

When you enter a room you will discover it in the map, the WHOLE room no matter how big it is! Also the marker that shows where you are on the map will be in the center of each room . It will not show your precise location. You will just know in which room you are!!!

When I think about it it will be better because the game will not hold your hand much :) Many secrets will lie in the castle to keep adventurers busy.

One of my latest ideas is to have certain monsters special attack to DESTROY specific HP and MP potions right from your inventory!!!

More updates coming in the future.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2017, 10:54:49 AM »
Oooo a mapscreen  :D  Now we won't get lost.

One of my latest ideas is to have certain monsters special attack to DESTROY specific HP and MP potions right from your inventory!!!

Oh dear god, my potions!! No!!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2017, 12:47:57 AM »
After little vacation I have sat down and decided to buy Spine 2D.

I wanted this so I could create nice monsters and bosses like the Great Armor in Castlevania AoS or any other bosses like in the other games.

I found out that this is called Skeletal animation.

I did a test and got some sprites from the golem from Castlevania DoS. Attached a platform on his knee and it worked. The player is able to climb on the golems leg :)

I have much to learn how to do the animations properly and synced with the movement. This is the hard part but I am willing to learn :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: April 09, 2017, 11:19:55 PM »
After many attempt I made my first test object a golem or more like a boulder with legs!!!

Its steps are real-like just like any big Castlevania armor,golem etc. and the player can climb on it and move with it!!!

This open new possibilities for interesting boss fights or normal enemies :)

Here is the test result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC-hNS462X8

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2017, 01:29:06 PM »
Update!!!

Damn job not giving me much time to work on the game ;(

Finally Controllers support!!!

I have tested Xbox one and a cheap controller for 10$ (has the same layout as PS3 controller). Both work perfectly!

Also I added a configuration for the controller buttons as well.

What do you think for those controller mappings:

The only button available for remap are the 4 buttons on the right side A/Cross, B/Circle, Y/Triangle, X/Square and the four shoulder buttons.
Also there will be one more button that will allow to switch the movement between the analog stick and the directional pad.
The select button is for the MAP and the start button is for the entering the menu/inventory and exiting. They can't be remapped because that would be stupid :)

You can change those buttons anytime from the start menu and from the pause menu inside the game!

I have tested it and even in mid game if you disconnect and reconnect the controller it will work just perfect. I even tried to connect it when I was remapping a gamepad button and it still worked.

What do you think about this key remap? I am asking because I read that many people are confused when rebinding keys on both keyboard and gamepads.

The updated demo with the full controller support will be done soon. I still need to make the separate menus for this :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2017, 11:37:14 PM »
+1
The controller buttons you suggested sound good from here. So long as I can input what buttons do what then I'm good to go  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2017, 02:13:25 AM »
A little update :)

The controller support is done! I hope that it is ok. Need to test it with PS3/PS4 and Xbox 360.

The menus are ready but the last week I was fighting with VERY very bad memory leaks!
Today I fixed them!

Also need to add slots where to keep the save game. I am thinking of 3 slots is fine. This will require more work but I have the basic idea.

After I post the demo I hope that you guys have different controllers and will tell me which controllers are working fine :)

BTW what controllers do you own?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2017, 09:59:02 AM »
I own several controllers as I was looking for the right one since proper D-pads for PC seem to be rather hit and miss in this day and age. I own an XBONER (XBOX 1) PC controller, XBOX 360 controller, and a SNES-styled 8Bitdo gamepad. I used to own a Gravis gamepad but the rubber membranes inside kept disintegrating on me which caused all sorts of issues, namely sticky keys. Can't tell you how many gravis pads I bought that failed on me. They work for other people obviously, but just not me for some reason.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2017, 07:53:41 AM »
I own several controllers as I was looking for the right one since proper D-pads for PC seem to be rather hit and miss in this day and age. I own an XBONER (XBOX 1) PC controller, XBOX 360 controller, and a SNES-styled 8Bitdo gamepad. I used to own a Gravis gamepad but the rubber membranes inside kept disintegrating on me which caused all sorts of issues, namely sticky keys. Can't tell you how many gravis pads I bought that failed on me. They work for other people obviously, but just not me for some reason.

Currently I am trying to make a PS3 controller work but I tried one and it was not working at all with the game. Then I read that you must use additional software with the PS controllers since they are not recognized properly by Windows.

That makes sense since Xbox and normal USB controllers work without a problem right from the start. Have to investigate this.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2017, 07:14:35 AM »
After so much time my new demo is finally here!!!

New features:
1. Full controller support! I have tried with couple controller just in case and everything seems fine on my end! Waiting your feedback! Just please when sharing feedback please tell me your controllers model!

2. Save slots! Yes, there are 3 save slots now! When you are in the start menu and you press either the start or the load button you will go to the slot data menu. There you can pick one of the 3 slots available!

3. THE MAP! I have implemented a map feature in the GAME! Also I lied in my previous post that the map will only show you the room you are in! How sinister! The map will show your location in the room and what you have explored of the room!

Those things listed above gave me nightmares ... real nasty ones because I have done those things for the very first time.

I expect bugs and I hope you can assist me in finding them!

A couple of explanation for the controls so bare with me please!

When you enter the game in the start menu you will see 2 new buttons. One named keyboard and one Gamepad. Those are the respective key configuration menus for the controller and the keyboard.
VERY IMPORTANT: You CAN'T go back from the controls menus IF there are UNBOUND BUTTONS!!!
You can use the reset button to bring them back to default!

There is a legend inside the menus but I will say it anyway.

-For navigation you use the D-pad or the analog stick.
-For selecting a button to rebind it you use the "SELECT" button on your gamepad (they ALL have one :D ).

For the player movement you can use the D-pad or the analog stick they both work at the same time. The select button is used for entering the map AND exiting the map. The start button is used for entering the pause menu and going back from the menus!

For selecting stuff use the JUMP and the ATTACK buttons (the ones you have chosen).

Here is the link for the new demo and I will also update the first page!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRohquxGIULUmxpbFNOMTc0eFk

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2017, 11:12:25 PM »
Gave the latest demo a try and the controller mapping is working. Had to do a little investigating to figure it out but it didn't take very long. I did encounter this issue while in the garden stage. I fought an armoured skeleton and this message cropped up.

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event2
for object skeletonknight_weapon_obj:

Unable to find any instance for object index '103109' name '<undefined>'
at gml_Object_skeletonknight_weapon_obj_St ep_2

Not sure if this is something that was missed accidentally or has yet to be fully implemented. But either way your game's coming along nicely  :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2017, 02:43:34 AM »
Gave the latest demo a try and the controller mapping is working. Had to do a little investigating to figure it out but it didn't take very long. I did encounter this issue while in the garden stage. I fought an armoured skeleton and this message cropped up.

Not sure if this is something that was missed accidentally or has yet to be fully implemented. But either way your game's coming along nicely  :)

I think I have fixed the issue. If you have the time could you kill some of those skeletons again. I think it is because they die when their sword is still existing.
Here is the build you can use your previous save :)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRohquxGIULTnRfaHYyb2NhamM

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: June 01, 2017, 10:59:14 PM »
Success. Cleared the skeleton knight without a game bug happening.  :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
RichterBelmont12 reported to me that he noticed something odd. He said that when he entered the room with the Short Sword (and the axe armor, the room just before the balcony in the very start of the castle) the sword was NOT there. Then he REentered the room and the sword has spawned.

This is very odd and very scary for me. I have tried this around 20 different ways - after players death, after save, after many restarts and the sword was ALLWAYS there if it was NOT picked before that!

Anyone else who played the demo experienced the same thing? Please because this is very important because it might mean that my loot collection system is not working properly!

anything