Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Arsis should change their name to Arses  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: August 08, 2011, 07:08:26 PM »
'cos each consecutive album has been disappointment after disappointment, and the remastered reissue of their debut is the nail in the coffin.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sk1y31k867otcdx

Listen to that shit. Listen to that shitty bullshit. Way to muck things up. Levels have been boosted to make the guitars sound crunchier, but the drums have lost their kick and everything sounds really muffled. This boggles my mind anyone ever thought a remaster was necessary, 'cos (a) the album came out in 2004, and (b) it sounded fantastic. Now it sounds like a buttful of dicks.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Arsis should change their name to Arses
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
What's Arsis? u_u

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »
A totally tits death metal band who only released one and a half good albums.

:o

If you like metal even in the slightest, buy or download the original version of A Celebration of Guilt. It's a kickin', rip-roarin' album with lotso good mel-o-deez.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
Sounds Metapocalyptic :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:54:46 AM »
I like their first album a lot, but actually I think We Are the Nightmare is still my favorite. I just really like the technical sound on it, I guess. And the fact that it still kept a fairly good sense of melody while doing it.

And honestly I like a few songs from Starve For the Devil, too...Sable Rising, Closer to Cold, and Beyond Forlorn (even though that one sounded more like Arch Enemy than Arsis). Though that album really did disappoint me overall. And I think every song has some kind of lyrical reference to James Malone's eating disorder, which was kind of weird.

I do agree that there's no reason to remaster their debut, though, especially if it sounds worse now. It's just totally unnecessary, and sounds like it was done purely for financial reasons. Wait...holy shit, does that mean Dave Mustaine is in the band now?!?  ;D
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 02:28:55 AM »
Nah. If that were the case, tracks would have gone missing causing the band to re-record and remix bits for the remaster. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:50:05 AM »
A Celebration Of Guilt is totally awesome. After that it gets a bit..... meh. United In Regret had some decent bits but it was an album of theirs that seemed to be doing too much at once and coming up with, honestly, a mess of ideas that didn't stick. We Are The Nightmare was decent enough but didn't have the urgency of their debut. And then they went onto their version of Carcass's Swansong with Starve For The Devil. Meh.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 05:03:46 AM »
I haven't heard anything beyond We Are the Nightmare, but I gotta say, I totally dig Swansong—a shit-ton, in fact. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 05:25:04 AM »
In fairness, Swansong is in itself a good record - it's just not the Carcass I knew/know. To be honest, the early grind albums didn't click with me for a while, but Symphonies after repeated listens was excellent, and Necrotism and Heartwork were awesome. I just found Swansong to be dissapointing. It's still good, but not what I was expecting or wanting at the time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:27:47 AM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
Have you heard Blackstar's Barbed Wire Soul? It goes even more in that "death'n'roll" style, has some songs that are kinda stoner rockish. I love the hell out of that as well. :p
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything