Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Reccomend a movie noone's ever heard of..  (Read 37279 times)

Offline Abodos

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Reccomend a movie noone's ever heard of..
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2008, 09:37:28 PM »
The King of California. I'm still not sure how that movie ended...

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2008, 05:35:52 AM »
Speaking of Trey Parker and Matt Stone if you like their style of filmmaking Baseketball is a must see. Incredibly hilarious. Check it out if you haven't scene it!  ;D

_______________________________________ ______________

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2008, 07:39:25 PM »
Whoot!

Here's the soundtrack to Cannibal the Musical: it was right on its site. ;D

http://www.cannibalthemusical.net/songs.shtml

Yeah I still gotta see Baseketball actually.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2008, 08:00:55 PM »
Gloomy Sunday.

Ultima Dragual

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2008, 05:03:38 PM »
Innocent Blood. It was a decent vampire movie check it out.

1001 maniacs. One hell of a badass movie.

True Romance. Just watch it, then let me know what you think.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2008, 10:06:21 PM »
I seen a couple of movies over the weekend

This movie was hilarious

I first watched this when I was a little kid. it was cool  8)

Here's a movie most people have probably heard of, but maybe haven't gotten around to seeing yet

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2008, 12:59:54 AM »
hell yes!! Last Dragon! Bruce Leroy baby!!!

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2008, 02:07:20 AM »
While we're on the subject of martial arts flicks, here is a movie with some of the most spectacular martial stunts I've seen in a long time. Now one of my favorites.

THE PROTECTOR

(Starring Thai newcomer, Tony Jaa)

Move over, Jackie Chan and Jet Li, there's a new kid in town and he is one badass mother fucker. Tony Jaa (who does all his own stunts) plays a young man from a rural village who grew up within the company of pachyderms and has grown to love them as friends. But poachers don't see things the same way, and when his father is slain and his elephant companion is 'napped away seemingly for ivory sales, his relentless quest for vengeance ensues. And he is RELENTLESS.

Almost like an epic scene from Shenmue, one part of the film has Jaa climbing up the stairs of a multi-story builiding's interior, and dealing with the wave after wave of villains that confront him with each level.... painfully. You'll watch legs break, necks snap, walls crumble and bodies flop over the edge all the way down to their doom. The camera never misses a beat and captures every death with artistic flair. The only thing that could make the scene better is some QTE

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2008, 11:37:55 AM »
In Reply To #83

yeah hes the man! I loved him in Ong Bok. Hes a badass. Ive been sayin for years now they need to bring him to america and make him a star.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »
Cannibal! The Musical is tits. What a swell film. Bless Lloyd Kaufman for funding that work of art. BASEketball is also good, but despite starring Matt and Trey, it's a David Zucker film, and is more along his style. I'm sure you've all seen Orgazmo...but if you haven't...there's something wrong with you, and you must remedy that.

I finally saw The Beyond. Acquired a brand new, factory sealed copy of the tin edition for $34.50 shipped. :) Swell movie. Also watched Fulci's City of the Living Dead, which is also great.

I watched Orson Welles' F for Fake last night. What an incredibly gifted speaker, poet, actor, filmmaker, painter, etc. This movie is a bit complicated to really explain in a couple sentences. It's mostly all about fakery, charlatanism, trickery, lying, etc. It's a dramatic documentary of sorts; it started out as a documentary on Elmyr de Hory, a famous art forger, based on a biography written by Clifford Irving, and includes interviews with both men. However, during the making of the film, it was discovered that Irving himself was a forger, whose autobiography on Howard Hughes was a fake. Welles was then inspired by all of this to change the movie around, to edit in unique ways and make about fakery and charlatanism in the world all-around. He even for a short bit of the film makes it a biography of himself, and how he has been called a fake all his life, considering he got into acting by appearing at a theater claiming to be a Broadway star, despite never having been on a stage.

It's another one of Welles' revolutionary films, and is perhaps solely responsible for the fast-paced editing we're familiar with today. He intended to make a whole new form of film--and people lashed out at it at the time for being so unconventional. However, now quick cutting is very common. To think that this man has done so much to push on the evolution of movie making. Citizen Kane is solely responsible for dynamic camera angles and movements in films.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:42:19 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »
Oh, and speaking of Lloyd Kaufman and Troma, I watched Terror Firmer last night as well as the night before. Great movie. :) So much sleaze and raunchy humor. I've come to appreciate it a lot more than the first time I saw it.

Plus, Matt Stone and Trey Parker make cameos at the end.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2008, 05:23:14 PM »
So far I've known of all of these movies... then again I'm a film student, that's sort of my job. Let's see here... what can I come up with...

This one is pretty funny

and if you know what this is from you get a cookie.
-------------------
I'm a PC and I like cheeseburgers. Sometimes more than one.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »

and if you know what this is from you get a cookie.

ah sleepaway camp, classic. Great underappreciated film.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »
ah sleepaway camp, classic. Great underappreciated film.

Really? ...'Cause I'm not appreciating THAT at all.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »
So far I've known of all of these movies... then again I'm a film student, that's sort of my job.

What about Deadbeat at Dawn? HUH, MUTHAFUCKA, Y'SEEN THAT? :P

I hope some of you have seen it. That film is classy, in a very trashy, non-classy sorta way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOMSBgU5Fxk
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: