Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haunted Castle  (Read 70983 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »
I'd totally buy this
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »
The backwards bone-toss was and is a bug in the skeleton's code, but I think it's funny, so I'm probably going to keep it in. It doesn't happen terribly often, usually just when you get within his throw range while he changes direction. It's not like it's terribly cheap or unfair, and I do have to at least TRY and replicate some degree of Haunted Castle's infamous difficulty. A similar occurrence, that I'm NOT removing, is that the unfinished Axe Armors (hence why they're not in the video) can catch and rethrow different Armor's axe.

And yes, the Bone Halberds are serious fucking business. Those bad boys can kill you quickly if you're not careful. So can the Bloody Zombies, given how fast their swipe is.

Also, Jorge, you wouldn't happen to have SotN's sounds dumped by any chance, would you? I need a few SFX (mainly Bloody Zombie's stuff and a couple other things like the Bone Halberd's spinning noise) that aren't in the package Serio gave me a while back, and there aren't any working ISOs of SotN I can rip them from. If I had the disc/money to buy the game it wouldn't be a thing, but sadly that's not the case.

I'm also going to send out an incomplete stage demo, if anyone's interested. All I really have to do is finish up a few other enemies and get Medusa done and the stage one beta's finished.

While I still have a working WindowsXP, I may be able to rip from the disc, but I don't know when that will happen.  Someone asked me to rip another game entirely (one I don't have an ISO or a disc of) and I was like 'Man that may never happen'.

With SotN, I'm surprised what Serio gave you wasn't complete; he's usually pretty thorough with that stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
The backwards bone-toss was and is a bug in the skeleton's code, but I think it's funny, so I'm probably going to keep it in. It doesn't happen terribly often, usually just when you get within his throw range while he changes direction. It's not like it's terribly cheap or unfair, and I do have to at least TRY and replicate some degree of Haunted Castle's infamous difficulty. A similar occurrence, that I'm NOT removing, is that the unfinished Axe Armors (hence why they're not in the video) can catch and rethrow different Armor's axe.

And yes, the Bone Halberds are serious fucking business. Those bad boys can kill you quickly if you're not careful. So can the Bloody Zombies, given how fast their swipe is.

Also, Jorge, you wouldn't happen to have SotN's sounds dumped by any chance, would you? I need a few SFX (mainly Bloody Zombie's stuff and a couple other things like the Bone Halberd's spinning noise) that aren't in the package Serio gave me a while back, and there aren't any working ISOs of SotN I can rip them from. If I had the disc/money to buy the game it wouldn't be a thing, but sadly that's not the case.

I'm also going to send out an incomplete stage demo, if anyone's interested. All I really have to do is finish up a few other enemies and get Medusa done and the stage one beta's finished.
I can give you my sound packs if you PM where to send them.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2014, 01:11:47 PM »
Well, Jorge, IIRC I didn't ask Serio for the full SotN package. I think I asked him for the CVBla sounds, and in that folder were subfolders with some SotN and CVIV sounds. I suppose I could always go ask him again, but he seems more aloof than usual in board activity (but then, I'm fairly dead on there myself).

And dark, I'm not usually a stickler for keeping my email private; at least, not my most frequently used/forum/social one.

dracula37@live.com

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »
Well, Jorge, IIRC I didn't ask Serio for the full SotN package. I think I asked him for the CVBla sounds, and in that folder were subfolders with some SotN and CVIV sounds. I suppose I could always go ask him again, but he seems more aloof than usual in board activity (but then, I'm fairly dead on there myself).

And dark, I'm not usually a stickler for keeping my email private; at least, not my most frequently used/forum/social one.

dracula37@live.com

Sent.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
looks good, but why would you call that an haunted castle remake beside having simon with blue hair? just askin dont want to sound rude or anything!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »
I'm assuming you haven't read the earlier posts in the thread. If you haven't, please do so, as I explained in great detail what I plan on doing with this. Story's being expanded, as are stage layouts and routes.

And Simon's sprite is placeholder. I have to edit his X68000 sheet, and I'm really fucking lazy.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2014, 04:17:36 PM »
Yep, read the first few pages and as i already said the game looks really really good, just cant see much haunted castle in there! I personally love hc beside the quite hateable difficulty , and was thus expecting something much closer to the original game. This being said your game will probably be way better than what haunted castle was, i was just thinking that to call it an "haunted castle remake" would probably be constraining seen how overall different this is gonna be. Anyway looking forward to see where this is going, it looks very promising and cant wait to give it a try!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »
Yeah, the confusion's totally valid. Probably just a lack of detailing on my part, but from the get-go I had only really planned on keeping the stages/area designs and base plot from the original HC the same. My bad.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2014, 05:39:45 PM »
And Simon's sprite is placeholder. I have to edit his X68000 sheet, and I'm really fucking lazy.

Not that great of a trial if you look at it this way; The X68000 Simon and HC Simon are almost identical in look for their sprites. The only thing you'd have to do in that regard is merely a palette change. However if you're talking about certain sprite animations/looks then I can see it being more of an effort.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2014, 05:52:07 PM »
It's more of a palette change of his X68 sprite to match Simon's HC outfit, with a few edits like armor trims and whatnot.

However, since the x68 sprite palette shares a bunch of things like hair and armor tones, a basic palette change-up isn't an option, so I have to do it all manually. AKA lazy

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »
Changed the HUD.

Old                                          New

Thoughts?

Also, X, here's what I meant. I have to convert all of Simon's X68 sheet into this:

While also adding in custom animations, like making this sword swing less shitty.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
Yeah that looks pretty good! Also his sword swing isn't as bad as you might think. Both are look 'n good in my eyes!

As for your beta screens the new one looks nicer then the old. I'd go with it  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2014, 05:43:15 PM »
Changed the HUD.

Old                                          New

Thoughts?

Also, X, here's what I meant. I have to convert all of Simon's X68 sheet into this:

While also adding in custom animations, like making this sword swing less shitty.

Wow, Drac9 you really dressed that up! Looks great!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2014, 02:30:59 PM »
Working on the songs a bit more, so as not to rely on forty-second loops. Cross Your Heart was easy enough to expand - just use Portrait's version and tweak the loop point - but Bloody Tears was tricky. I think installing Aquarius in it was a good enough idea.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/adlk7z7dwdldb2g/BloodyTears(2).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/z8m3cm486h7gvkg/CrossYourHeart(2).mp3

Tags: