Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A Massacre in Norway... And Amy Winehouse is dead.  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
A Massacre in Norway... And Amy Winehouse is dead.
« on: July 23, 2011, 12:25:42 PM »
Over 90 people were killed in Norway today in a mad, well-planned attack by a right-wing extremist, in what seems to be the greatest shock and catastrophe that hit Norway since ww2.
The initial shock, for me, of a single man capable of performing such a monstrous act, was intensified when I heard the man was caught alive, and that the greatest penalty the juridical system in the country could give him would be 21 years. Although, considering the circumstances, the law could be changed.
With no proper security measures, this could happen anywhere. Safety is an illusion, brothers.

...On another note, Amy Winehouse is dead after a suspected overdose. I wonder if this makes bigger headlines...
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: A Massacre in Norway... And Amy Winehouse is dead.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 01:18:15 PM »
I heard the man was caught alive, and that the greatest penalty the juridical system in the country could give him would be 21 years.

Maybe they'll deport his worthless @$$ to a European country that still used the Death penalty.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 01:43:08 PM »
What a horrible tragedy :( Why would anyone do something like that?

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 04:59:23 PM »
The initial shock, for me, of a single man capable of performing such a monstrous act, was intensified when I heard the man was caught alive, and that the greatest penalty the juridical system in the country could give him would be 21 years. Although, considering the circumstances, the law could be changed.

I remember hearing about this from when Varg Vikernes was found guilty of church arsons and for murdering Oystein Aarseth (Euronymous of the band Mayhem). Also, Varg himself equated Norwegian prison to summer camp, since he had his own cell, had access to his own computer, could read all sorts of books at his own leisure, etc. He even was granted leave several times to see his family (leading to one time where he was found in a hijacked car with various weapons and gear, in an attempt to join the French Foreign Legion, or something). To top that off, he was also released early, after serving 16 years, I think.

I hope they consider changing the law so this guy rots in prison for the rest of his life. But still, it doesn't sound like Norwegian prison is very harsh at all (at least from what little I've heard).  :-\ Though, what this guy did is far worse than what Varg did, so maybe his prison time isn't a good example.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:12:53 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:11:39 AM »
I heard he used weapons stolen from the Norwegian armed forces. You'd think they'd have better security at their bases and stuff...~_~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »

Also, this;

Al-Qaeda Massacre? Right. The world is getting dumber by the minute.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:17:25 AM »
Looks like America's still riding the 9/11 train that everybody else is sick of hearing.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »
Also, this;

Al-Qaeda Massacre? Right. The world is getting dumber by the minute.

They got their numbers wrong, for some strange reason put "20 dead" in commas, AND wrote Al-Qaeda on a massacre performed by an islamophobic extremist?
Well done. All I can say.

Seems like the murderer is a radical anti-Islamist who planted a bomb near the government offices for supporting Muslim immigration into his country. He attacked the people (mostly teenagers) on the island because many of them were immigrants.
Ironically, it also seems like the guy is a enthusiastic supporter of Israel, because he thinks the country (unlike Europe) does not grant its Arab population civil rights (quite a huge lie, obviously fed by leftist Western media, hehe). And I say, with friends like that, who needs enemies?  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 01:45:38 PM »
Looks like America's still riding the 9/11 train that everybody else is sick of hearing.

Isn't the Sun a UK newspaper??
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 06:35:49 PM »
It's a UK tabloid, trash mag.

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 10:59:57 PM »
If this tragedy hasn't fully settled in for some people, here are some excerpts from survivors translated by my friend from Norway.

(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 01:46:03 AM »
Isn't the Sun a UK newspaper??

Thanks for the correction, I wasn't sure. But it makes little difference unfortunately.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
Thanks for the correction, I wasn't sure. But it makes little difference unfortunately.

Then what was your point? 

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 11:12:20 PM »
I still am kind of disappointed with the society I live in that find Amy Winehouse's death is much sadder than 90 people dying elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, it's terrible that anyone died.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 04:12:41 PM »
I wasn't even aware that Amy Winehouse was such a big deal.  I've only heard her name in passing the last few years...can't even think of a single song of hers that I've heard.  But considering how celebrity-obsessed popular culture has become during the last 10 years, I'm not surprised that the wreckless ending to her tragic life is getting more press than an ACTUAL human tragedy like what happened in Norway.  No disrespect meant towards Ms. Winehouse, but considering she was merely a victim of her own demons I can't see how she's deserving of so much press.  Just a sad reflection on society as a whole if you ask me.

Tags: