Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 273932 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #315 on: October 12, 2013, 05:56:13 AM »
- Sabin is right: there aren't any whip upgrades available after the first room.

1. The only whip upgrades seem to be at the very beginning of the stage. If you die after reaching the first door, there seem to be no whip upgrades available in any candle for the rest of stage 1.

I never noticed before but that was only due to my being engrossed in the game to notice, lol! I agree with the above. In terms of the power ups they should be more randomized. I do think though that the upgrades function according to the amount of hearts the player has in their inventory. In most (if not all) games you start off with a minimum nuber of 5 hearts. This will give you the first power up. When your number increases to ten or more hearst the second power up will be yours. Ask either uzo or Iccubus as they have more knowledge on this subject, and can help you with it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #316 on: October 12, 2013, 09:26:39 AM »
Im pretty sure they work based on if you have the upgrades already. Certain candles are upgrades but if you dont need one then its a heart. The problem with this youd either have to have someone thats already went thru the entire game with the leather whip lookin for specific upgrade candles and noting it on a map or somethin or do it yourself

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: October 12, 2013, 09:32:21 AM »
Im pretty sure they work based on if you have the upgrades already.

They do function this way too. If you have both power ups you'll never get any more. There are some designated candles that will drop power ups no matter what you heart count is, but if you already have a maxed-out whip then it'll just leave behind a large heart.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: October 12, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
Hey guys, sorry i havent been on yesterday, it was pretty hectic lol.  Thank you guys for testing the guts out of the beta and taking the time to give me all the feedback you have, i really appreciate it and like i've said from the beginning the more you guys give me the more i can try my best to get worked out and make the game turn out awesome  8) I've put all the concerns/bugs you guys have found in my file, so i'll be working through all of them today and i'll post a bug report when i have a majority of it fixed.  Thanks again for helping me out guys, you all are awesome  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #319 on: October 12, 2013, 04:50:07 PM »
Hey guys, sorry i havent been on yesterday, it was pretty hectic lol.  Thank you guys for testing the guts out of the beta and taking the time to give me all the feedback you have, i really appreciate it and like i've said from the beginning the more you guys give me the more i can try my best to get worked out and make the game turn out awesome  8) I've put all the concerns/bugs you guys have found in my file, so i'll be working through all of them today and i'll post a bug report when i have a majority of it fixed.  Thanks again for helping me out guys, you all are awesome  ;D
Just had an idea dude, I don't know if you have the items assigned as active objects in MMF2, but you could make them random depending on the conditions of what you carrying. You could do a probability thing with the code where if you grab "x" whip upgrade a certain number of times then the probability of you grabbing a "y" upgrade when you downgrade whips is increased. (If that makes sense.)

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2013, 05:04:45 PM »
Just had an idea dude, I don't know if you have the items assigned as active objects in MMF2, but you could make them random depending on the conditions of what you carrying. You could do a probability thing with the code where if you grab "x" whip upgrade a certain number of times then the probability of you grabbing a "y" upgrade when you downgrade whips is increased. (If that makes sense.)
Nah man that makes perfect sense.  I am going to set an event so that the "Whip Level <0" then it will drop in the whip upgrade candles at different spots.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: October 13, 2013, 10:47:13 PM »
Hey guys, i have OFFICIALLY fixed all the bugs you have found (at least from what i could work out anyways lol)  8)  I'll be posting the updated beta tomorrow morning!  I am currently working on dropping all the polished code into the clocktower now.  I hit a few snags with transitioning the new setup into the next stage but so far have got them ironed out  ;D  I'd give you guys a little more input but its 1:45 in the morning and i have to be up at 5 for work so homeboy is gonna call it a night and crash lol.  Make sure to check tomorrow morning for the updated file!  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2013, 09:13:55 AM »
Ok dudes, as promised, here's the updated file  ;D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rps8d8tha3e5stq/Castlevania%20Chronicles%20-%20Dracula%27s%20Curse%20Demo%20Official.exe

I hope you guys enjoy it, i found it was MUCH more player friendly lol.  Since this i have been working on dumping my coding into the other stages and im up to frame 2-5 on the clocktower so if all is still well then it shouldn't take too long to update everything  ;D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »
So whenever I whip up or diagonal-up while on the ground my aim's stuck that way until I press left or right. Also the 1000 Blades crash go wherever I last aimed my whip.
Oh, and I seem to be able to cancel my whipping to another direction if I mash fast enough.

By the way, when are you going to implement a controller config screen, alongside a general options screen? Kinda sucks that I can't rebind my controls. That, and flexible resizing tends to mess with the aspect ratio.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: October 14, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »
So whenever I whip up or diagonal-up while on the ground my aim's stuck that way until I press left or right. Also the 1000 Blades crash go wherever I last aimed my whip.
Oh, and I seem to be able to cancel my whipping to another direction if I mash fast enough.

By the way, when are you going to implement a controller config screen, alongside a general options screen? Kinda sucks that I can't rebind my controls. That, and flexible resizing tends to mess with the aspect ratio.
thanks for the input vlad. was this on the new download i posted? i never got the item crash bug before? that's odd. as for the controls that was my bad, press tab for the option menu. for some reason it doesn't stretch when on full screen but looks fine in window mode. i can't figure that one out yet lol.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: October 14, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »
thanks for the input vlad. was this on the new download i posted?
Eeyup. Caught these bugs first few seconds of playing, even.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: October 14, 2013, 10:04:43 AM »
shit lol keep playing man and let me know what you get. ill work on the dagger crash after i get off work. thanks dude :)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: October 14, 2013, 10:07:16 AM »
Tip to whoever else wants to playtest this build (and other betas in general): Don't just "play"... Mess around.
^^

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: October 14, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
Tip to whoever else wants to playtest this build (and other betas in general): Don't just "play"... Mess around.
This^

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: October 14, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
Just gave your demo another try and this is definitely an improvement over that last one. But afew this about this demo are;

1) The jump button failed on me in the vertical climb of the church area. I could no longer jump from platform to platform.

2) There seems to be a downward diagonal attack that you can do however I can't do it while jumping and attacking downward. Instead it only occurs while I'm climbing down the stairs. And speaking of stairs...

3) The stair climbing (while fast now and that's a good thing) is still a little wonky on the animation. Trevor should have a more smoother transition going up and down the stairs like in the tradition CV games. Even in the NES games it's a smooth climb on 45 degree angled slope.

Tags:

anything