Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If anyone spots Forum Errors, please post here  (Read 109831 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: If anyone spots Forum Errors, please post here
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2015, 11:22:13 PM »
Not sure what's going on with YouTube links. I take out the S from https, which used to embed the video in a post, but now it's giving me this "device support" error:

https://youtube.com/devicesupport

Oddly enough, it works when I click the "Preview" post button, but not when I actually post.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2015, 01:57:47 AM »
That's weird, I've heard some other folks have been having trouble with Youtube links as well. I'll tell Jorge.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »
I totally forgot about this thread, but yes, I said it to Jorge 2 days ago, hopefully it is something easy to fix.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2015, 08:31:09 AM »
isn't there an embed link in the video description?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »
It seems AEVA Media, the SMF plugin that I installed that allows auto-embedding to happen on the Forum, is no longer supported by the new version of Youtube that's being rolled out.
So new videos from Youtube (and possibly all videos once it's fully placed) may no longer be able to be embedded on the forum.

There is more information on the Youtube Support Page.  Specifically, the words " If the video appears unexpectedly in a web browser, it means that website is using an outdated method to access YouTube videos".

This could be a problem, as we may have to revert back to posting just the link to Youtube.

However, there may be a better solution, but in order to find it, I need your help, guys.

We need to scour the Simple Machines Forums Customization & Mods Page for a new plugin that allows us to auto-embed Media.
Our current plugin, AEVA Media, is outdated and no longer supported by the authors, since they've moved on to another program that costs money and I don't think it's compatible with SMF.

Find that plugin, and check if it's updated.  Then get back to me about it and I will install it to the board, and remove the old AEVA Media plugin.

If we cannot find such a plugin, we'll have to revert back to just posting the links to Youtube instead.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »
Find that plugin, and check if it's updated.  Then get back to me about it and I will install it to the board, and remove the old AEVA Media plugin.

If we cannot find such a plugin, we'll have to revert back to just posting the links to Youtube instead.

Found those, you should give a look and choose the better:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3268
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3982
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2015, 04:48:25 PM »
Testing the new Youtube embed tag (youtube)(/youtube) only with square brackets:

UPDATE: So this mod I added works, but you HAVE to use the URL that Youtube gives you in the "Share" options.  It's usually shortened to something like youtu.be/bunchofnumbersandletters
If you use the URL from the browser, our forum turns it into a link and it won't load/display properly. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:50:16 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2015, 05:24:33 PM »
Awesome!

It may just be me, but is anyone else getting PMs without it notifying you with the (1) next to "Messages"?

I have received a couple that I just randomly saw when looking back for an old PM.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »
Yeah, that happens to me all the time. I've just stopped relying on my email to remind me about PMs and just check the top of my page every day.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
UPDATE: So this mod I added works, but you HAVE to use the URL that Youtube gives you in the "Share" options.  It's usually shortened to something like youtu.be/bunchofnumbersandletters
If you use the URL from the browser, our forum turns it into a link and it won't load/display properly. 

It is one of those that I suggested? I'm glad that it works, but if some of these could act like before it would be easier for newbies and easier to everyone. Even so thanks for finding a fix, now we can continue watching videos on the dungeon ;D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2015, 08:08:26 PM »
Not sure why I'm still having YouTube embed problems. Could be that I'm editing a previous post or this video is somehow fudged.

Anyway, I'm just using the bracketed (youtube)(/youtube) tags with the full URL in between. Using the straight link gives me the video player graphics but no video:

and taking out the S in https doesn't show anything at all:

BOTH, however, work when I click Preview Post, but not when I actually make the post.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
Wonder what happens if I try a different video.

Edit: Same thing, and when I edit this post, it shows (url)(/url) tags around the link between the YouTube tags which I didn't put there.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2015, 08:16:43 PM »
From what I tried, it seems you can't put any text before the video.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2015, 02:32:59 AM »
Ab, you know that we can't use direct links anymore right? We need to use these that youtube give to us when we use its share function, yeah, this sucks but is better than nothing.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2015, 02:04:34 AM »
Oh, dumb. That's the exact opposite of every other forum with a YouTube tag. :p If you use the shortened URL, nothing comes up. Guess I misread Jorge's post 'cos I'm always so used to using the full URL.

Anyway...

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: