Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CVForum Awards & Achievements  (Read 298283 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »
NO

Hey now, I think you're just being cross because Blue Successor has a bodacious style.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:32 PM »
uzo should get the Permanent Resident & Music Fanatic cuz he started that fabulous Castlevania Remix thread :D
Bloodreign is definately the Retro Gamer award
affinity might be a Master Debater. .
shelverton. also qualifies for the Music Fanatic award!
Jorge qualifies for SuperOld Dungeonite, Music Fanatic AND The Artist
thernz is obviously a Trollmeister.
Reinhart77 is a Permanent Resident & Retro Gamer.
darkwzrd4 is also a Permanent Resident.
Sindra gets the Master Debater, SuperOld Dungeonite(?)
X gets the RetroGamer & SuperOld Dungeonite
JR could be a Great Collector, or Retro Gamer..
A-Yty is SuperOld, Permanent & Retro.
OSM is a Troll.
Nagumo is a Troll & a Permanent Resident.
DragonSlayr81 is a Retro Gamer or Master Debater!
Ahasverus could be a Permanent Resident but he doesn't meet the height requirement.
Kingshango... Retro Gamer?

and Super Waffle is The Artist Formally Known as Prince.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 04:59:54 PM »
I dont qualify for the SuperOld award?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »
Here are some other awards I was thinking of:

The Town Crier - Updates the forum with many news, often not Castlevania news (we're talking current events, etc.).
The Icon for it would be Abram (Belmont) from Order of Ecclesia.

The Pervert - Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
The Icon for it would be the Succubus sprite (could be from any version).

The Great Defender - Cannot resist defending his favorite game/series/OS/religion/etc.
The Icon for it would be the Skeleton Samurai from the Dawn of Sorrow games (you know, the annoying one with the invincibility shield)

Feel free to chime in with others.  I can update the list and you can pitch for a mod to assign it to a person.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
I dont qualify for the SuperOld award?

I was just thinking this too. uzo should also receive this award since he's been here even before i re-opened my account.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »
I may be being a crusty old vagina (likely), but I'd be pissed if users who weren't around during the SitePowerUp and/or ezboard days (2000–2001) were to get the Super-Old Dungeonite award. :o

And with that said, I think perhaps Inccubus should get one o' dem, heh.

Oh, and Jorgey-poo should have one, too.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:50:28 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: CVForum Awards & Achievements
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 10:01:32 PM »
I totally remember that... but isn't that a CVCorner award?  I don't want to rip them off, y'know.
Even so, what honor would be worthy of that award, though?

CVC is a graveyard now, sadly. Redrum has opened a new forum called Konami Central and everyone at CVC relocated accordingly. I don't really want to say much more because talking about forum politics usually ends in somebody getting pissed off, but if redrum gets upset for me using it, I'll simply give him the same reason I gave you: Forum tradition. He shouldn't be bothered by that. If you don't want to use the original GIF, you could re-do it in SotN sprites, do a custom sprite, or even use the flea man and torch from LoI/CoD to create a massive 3d version for them to put in their sig!

The original recipient of the Golden Hunchback was Bloodreign back in Fall 2003. Morgoth and redrum bestowed it upon him for simply being a postwhore if memory serves. However, there was much more to it than that: Though Bloodreign was (and still is) a prolific contributor, every post he made - even if it was no more than a single word - was worth reading. Those sentiments still ring true even to this day.

I think the Golden Hunchback should be "all of the above", the mack-daddy of CV awards, the real answer to the question of "What is a man?!" if you will (far more than just a miserable little pile of secrets.) How we should go about determining the recipient for this award is still up for debate; maybe hold a popular vote? Though I do have a rather low opinion of voting contests; one needs only to go to GameFAQs to see why.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:22:58 PM by Tanatra »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 10:45:23 PM »
In that case
Maybe there could be one for fans that only support the new, rebooted timeline & pay no mind to the traditional saga. (icon can be.. a combat cross sprite?)
Or one for fans that cosplay with no shame.
Or one that is specific to lurkers? (be it subforum-specific, or otherwise)
Or one that specializes in programming/designing hacks, Castlevania-related or otherwise
Another one could be for those that don't necessarily enjoy the games themselves, but certain aspects of the games only (artwork, music, etc.) this could be iffy to determine tho.
A smartass award, for those that think they know everything about CV just from playing a few games (most likely ROMs) & watching videos on youtube
Or.. one for fans that have been supporting Castlevania since the 80's (this may be difficult to determine as well)
also... how about a "Brutally Honest" award, for those that are harsh critics & don't sugarcoat their opinions, be it directed at games, artwork, fan-stuff, etc.

for icons,
Lurkers- Peeping Eye
Hackers- Automation ZX27
Supporters since the 80's- Tombstone
Smartasses- Jonathan Morris

Highwind Dragoon qualifies for Town Crier for his incessant yahoo stories
Abnormal Freak definately gets THE PERV  :D
Nagumo can also get the Great Defender..
Kale gets a Permanent Resident possibly
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:14:22 PM by Crisis »

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 11:38:46 PM »
There should be an award for those who vote for dark priest violations a lot.
The icon for it would be a shaft orb or just shaft himself.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 02:55:12 AM »
Nagumo is a Troll & a Permanent Resident.
Nagumo can also get the Great Defender..

Nagumo: trolling fanbrat with nothing better to do

;___;   

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 05:15:40 AM »
I may be being a crusty old vagina (likely), but I'd be pissed if users who weren't around during the SitePowerUp and/or ezboard days (2000–2001) were to get the Super-Old Dungeonite award. :o

Well, I don't think almost anybody on this forum has been here SO long. Maybe, like, 5 members who still post.  I've posted here for a HELL of a long time, I don't remember when I joined, probably some time before Dawn of Sorrow was released, which should be... 2004 or 2005.
Guess I'm super-old compared to most of the members, but quite young compared to you.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 06:15:39 AM »
Nagumo: trolling fanbrat with nothing better to do

;___;   

*pat on the back*

There there, now.

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: CVForum Awards & Achievements
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 06:47:04 AM »

I almost broke down and cried when Bloodreign told me that the archived topics from the very beginnings of the Forumplanet years had been deleted a few years back. I wasn't around at the time, but hot damn was it entertaining to browse the discussions you people had. My favorite was the one where ya'll were trying to figure out the mathematical formula for homosexuality. As someone who was an engineering major in college, I thought it was quite possibly the greatest thing in the history of the intarwebz. I still hate myself for never saving it to my hard drive despite all the chances I had.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:48:48 AM by Tanatra »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »
Been here for a decade. Makes me feel weird thinking about it. Time's a fast, slippery bitch.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 03:07:44 PM »
+1
Nagumo: trolling fanfart with nothing better to do

;___;   
correction

Tags:

anything