Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CVForum Awards & Achievements  (Read 298247 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »
Got some more:

The Great Defender - Cannot resist defending his favorite game/character/series/OS/religion/etc. at any and all opportunities.

Hack Master - A master at making new creations out of old parts that would make Dr. Frankenstein proud.

I also advocate the Golden Hunchback as a cross-over award - To be awarded only to those who represent the pride of the Castlevania fandom as a whole and for years of dutiful service to the overall Castlevania community. I might suggest that this perhaps be given out once a year at an appointed time after the entire community votes on who should receive the award.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »
I'll add those later on or tomorrow.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »
Master Debater & Great Defender are a lil too similar.. don'tcha think?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »
I'm not quite sure I understand, why do I have the Hack Master award?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »
How about a "Likes to eat fish" award? Or "Wipes with his left hand"?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2011, 08:56:09 AM »
I'm not quite sure I understand, why do I have the Hack Master award?

I think, because you know a lot stuffs, about hacking, ripping sprites and other similar stuff, so it's only natural that you deserved this award.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
I love my award-!  ;D I certainly feel kinda akward, I feel I am in the same category with.... Affinity  :-X What I have done! :hysteria:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:56:12 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2011, 12:56:42 PM »
What I have done! :hysteria:

Wait, that isn't obvious to you?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »
Wait, that isn't obvious to you?
There is always hope no one have ever noticed it

Everything comes full circle

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2011, 01:03:47 PM »
There is always hope no one have ever noticed it

I didn't  ;)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »
Here are the differences between a debater and a defender:

1. The debater is an opinionated person who argues their point in a proper vay, regarding a wide varierty of subjects.  A defender is defending one aspect of something he's a fan of.  A defender is essentially a fanboy.

2. The debater uses logic and reasoning to the best of his ability for arguing his points.  A defender does not necessarily do this (and most do not).

3. The debater can and will argue about anything.  The defender only does this when it's an object of his/her fandom.

We're in a message forum so it's likely we all have something we will defend.

However, there are people who will participate in any debate, because they like to present their points and evidence on a subject.  This subject they may or may not be thoroughly familiar with.

Someone with a "Great Defender" award will stick up for, say, Lords of Shadow, if the game is being bashed.
Someone with a "Master Debater" will argue about, say, the way the USA should handle torture, whether or not he's a fan or not of torture.  It doesn't mean he/she 'defends' torture.

I suppose a Great Defender could also be a Master Debater, though.  And vice-versa.  But they're not the same.

And yeah I thought they were too similar when it was being pitched as an idea... but I put it up anyway.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »
Why does a Fleaman for ICVDers seem so fitting?

Only thing that would make it better would be a gigantic-ass image of Beezelbub (I always assumed the misspelling was intentional and to emphasize the "BEES," but maybe it was just an honest mistake) simultaneously doing Goatse and "The Pic" (or, Tubgirl to the layperson).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:40:07 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2011, 06:46:17 AM »
Amusing awards.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2011, 07:12:18 AM »
I feel I am in the same category with.... Affinity  :-X What I have done! :hysteria:

To be completely honest, I'd rather deal with you than Affinity any day.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 09:22:27 PM »
The awards are BACK!!!
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: