Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CVForum Awards & Achievements  (Read 298256 times)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »
I may be being a crusty old vagina (likely), but I'd be pissed if users who weren't around during the SitePowerUp and/or ezboard days (2000–2001) were to get the Super-Old Dungeonite award. :o

And with that said, I think perhaps Inccubus should get one o' dem, heh.

Oh, and Jorgey-poo should have one, too.
I agree with this.  You and Jorge have been here longer than just about anybody else.  I've been coming here since 2001, and when I joined back then, you and Jorge were already old farts.

Crisis gets my nomination for the collector.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 04:40:39 PM »
Freak and I have been around since the old threaded-tree style forum, before even EZBoard, and we were around when you were 'pfloydguy2'. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: CVForum Awards & Achievements
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »
Yay! this topic has become a reminiscing discussion!  ;D

I quit posting here in 2004 and went elsewhere to places like TEK/CVC, ICVD, & TP's place, citing "CVD/RSU is full of idiots" as my main reason for doing so, no doubt to due to the ignorant elitism that is all too prevalent in college-aged individuals (not to mention driving PFG nuts with all my liberal drivel. :P) Attempting to become an officer in the Marine Corps after graduation really opened up my eyes, thankfully.

Oh yeah, PFG, I still remember your "You Now Prossess Dracula's Spell Checker" sig.  :)

Anywho, I came back here because (among other reasons) I'm far from the obsessive-compulsive forum lurker/poster I once was, often checking topics 8-9 times a day to see if someone responded to my posts. Now that real life has finally claimed me (sort of,) my interests here go little further than LoS, reminiscing on all the time I wasted here during college, and poking fun at the people here who waste even more time in the revolving door of fan speculation discussions.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:25:28 PM by Tanatra »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »
Freak and I have been around since the old threaded-tree style forum

I'm not sure if I posted there, actually—maybe once or twice at most. I lurked a number of times, but I found the system really sheeitty, so I posted at Konami of America's board instead. When CV Dungeon made the switch to a more standard, modern board system, I was aaaaaall over it.

AND NOW LOOK AT US. :D Whittled to reminiscing once a month because ICVD crawls along at a snail's pace and most of the original regulars don't give a rat's ass anymore. It's really weird that I post here more than I do there.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:13:45 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 12:04:28 AM »
We should have a sexy lady award for our beautiful female members. Maybe it could be Yoko Belnades? We could also have a cute aware for our cute female members which could be Lydia from Harmony of Dissonance. :3

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 01:22:34 AM »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 01:32:44 AM »
I vote for a Best Tits award. And, of course, all female board members would have to provide pics of their bare tits.

:O
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 02:07:06 AM »
I vote for a Best Tits award. And, of course, all female board members would have to provide pics of their bare tits.

:O

I'm with you on this one!!!  :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 06:58:51 AM »
Classy. And we wonder why we have so few female members?

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »
Now, wherever did this idea come from, I wonder : D

There should be a TOO HOT FOR TV award for Successor-sama.

Mmhmm.  This is why they stuck me on the internet and radio.  They were jealous.  I may as well get something out of this position, eh?  Do you know how many crunches I had to do to build these abs?  This shit doesn't come easy, brother ʘ‿ʘ
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:58:30 AM by Blue Successor »

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »
+1
Now, wherever did this idea come from, I wonder : D

Mmhmm.  This is why they stuck me on the internet and radio.  They were jealous.  I may as well get something out of this position, eh?  Do you know how many crunches I had to do to build these abs?  This shit doesn't come easy, brother ʘ‿ʘ

Don't you have a forum to reopen?  :-X

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »
Well, the cool thing about people like me is we get to do what we want, when we want. 

I sit, I shit, I eat, I drink, I whore, and I war... when I please, where I please : )

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »
Fair enough. I don't ever intend to become a member of the Anti-Chapel anyway. I like the website though; some of the conjectures you've drawn in the area description pages turned out to be rather engaging reads, particularly CV2 (a game for which I have an unusual affinity.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:07:35 PM by Tanatra »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 09:42:30 PM »
Awards shouldn't be made for every thing. It shouldn't be a common occurrence, and should be something worth obtaining. Otherwise, they lose their value and the novelty will wear off very quickly.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »
I don't think it'll become too common.. most people join this forum & will probably make a few hundred posts and then disappear after like a year, if that. Only the ones that have stuck around for several years should be eligible for awards.

Quote from: Blue Successor
Well, the cool thing about people like me is we get to do what we want, when we want.

lol

Tags: