Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CVForum Awards & Achievements  (Read 298256 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2011, 11:32:15 PM »
I remember an old forum I used to go to a few years back had a whole "veteran" system for people who'd been around for ages. That had its drawbacks but also its benefits, but IMO a system where only people who've been around for over a year would be eligible for a little reward wouldn't be objectionable at all, at least as far as I can see. :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 12:04:26 AM »
CV2 (a game for which I have an unusual affinity.)

Brofive, dude

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:19 AM »
Crusty old man award, unless someone here is older than me. :P

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 02:21:36 PM »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2011, 07:40:19 AM »
Where are my damn achievements?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
Such as what, exactly?
I haven't implemented any new ones, nor has anyone sent me PMs regarding nominating any people.

Way I see it, someone (other than yourself) should send a mod a PM regarding nomination of someone, or it should be post-count based (for some particular ones).
I haven't cemented the process yet, haha. ^_^;
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2011, 09:24:50 PM »
But PMing is so haaaaaaaard.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2011, 11:41:30 PM »
But PMing is so haaaaaaaard.

Work those hands on something besides wanking. ;)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 01:10:35 AM »
It was about damn time.  :)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »
Jorge, how are you making those? Got a template? I could pump out a few myself, based on ideas thrown out here and a few of my own.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 05:04:16 PM »
Actually yes, now that you mention it.

The 'large' sized award (the one that shows up when you click on the awards an user has), is a 128x24 rectangle, like this:

On this area, you insert one of the four colored frames (courtesy of Aria of Sorrow's Soul Colors) making sure it is aligned with the right side:

On the left side of the large award, aligned on the left, super-impose a 24x24 graphic (or smaller).  The largest graphic (24x24) will be super-imposed over the award frame.  This is OK.

On the inside of the frame, you insert white text.  The font is Tahoma, Size 7.  Disable antialiasing on the font, otherwise the mini-text will come out slightly blurry.

For the 'small' awards (the ones that are visible in posts), they have variable sizes, shown below:

I have not yet used the largest-sized award (32x32) for the small awards, so I don't know if that one might end up too big-looking (and because I did not want to over-crop it to fit the larger award).  Usually, the graphic is cropped at the bottom to form a 24x24 square if you're going to use it on the large award frame, like how I did with the NES Zombie and the Retro Gamer award.

Please stick to Castlevania sprites as much as possible.

The finished result looks like this:
<----large award
The little award looks like this:
<---small award (16x32 sprite used for this one)

Use a palettized GIF or an AlphaChannel PNG to achieve the transparency.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:01:42 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 08:09:02 PM »
Ok, I think I got it down, though for some reason Photoshop keeps making the text size variable. It's odd, but probably due to the cut&paste process.

-  Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
-  Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania related.
- The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
- One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and usually only in one area.
- ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.

I'll make a few more later on.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »
Heyyyyy those are pretty good!
I don't know how I would implement the "lurker" and "one time show" ones though... I mean, out of the thousands of members this forum has, only like 5% actually post, and the other 95% are either dead or they're One-Time Shows.

I'll put 'em up though and should the opportunity arise, I'll award someone with 'em.

LOL @ the ICVD one.

Your text might be a little weird because it's anti-aliased.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:01:11 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2011, 05:35:03 AM »
I wouldn't mind making a few myself as well, if that is ok.   

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 06:33:56 AM »
Sure, that's not a problem.  Go for it!
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything